PDA

View Full Version : VC

XLR8
March 5th, 2010, 16:45
I have read about people putting VCs from FSX aircraft into other aircraft. Sample> The 747 VC into Alphasims C-17. How is this done. Thanks

peter12213
March 5th, 2010, 16:48
I treied but its easy, well its not but you cannit do it with FS9 pits only native FS9 mate, Ill try and find the thread for you!#

Here I had the same problem, top of the google list too haha ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?31396-Vc-Swap-Help-needed-Please!!!

Hope this helps or at least PM the guys who seem to know about it!

Tim_Horton
March 5th, 2010, 16:59
Copy the FSX VC model (.mdl) into the airplanes model folder you want. (has to be FSX Native) IE. 747VC.mdl, into the C-17 model folder.
Edit the model.cfg to include Interior=(model name)
Copy over the required VC Textures to the Aircraft/texture folder. (Note you can also alias in the texture.cfg but best to copy over files)

then start up FSX and see if your work is complete. You can also rename things if you want, but it all has to match in the .cfg

falcon409
March 5th, 2010, 17:04
Even though it is mentioned here, something that still get's misread. . ."Both aircraft must be native FSX". You can't take a VC from a native FSX aircraft and drop it into an FS9 aircraft. Just want to be clear about that. Seems people see it, but then try it anyway and wonder why it doesn't work, lol.

XLR8
March 5th, 2010, 17:37
Thanks,I will give it a go.