PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad to be released on April 3rd

Lionheart
March 5th, 2010, 10:09
Hey all,

For those interested in getting the Apple iPad, or are just curious. Apple states it will release the iPad for sale on April 3rd. They are excepting pre-orders starting on May 12th.

There was speculation if they would delay launch to late March / early April if they could not meet the 1,000,000 units stock for the launch, which evidently they must be occurring.

Should be interesting.

I would like to get one, but I wouild like the 3Gs 64 Gig, which is due out several weeks after the base 'regular' iPad. (Why get the car without the electric windows... ).

Bill

AckAck
March 6th, 2010, 08:38
Released on April 3rd, accepting pre-orders May 12th? I may just have to get in line starting sometime in June, so I can be first...:running:

Brian :icon_lol:

Cratermaker
March 6th, 2010, 09:46
Interesting. The iPad must incorporate a flux capacitor. Now I'm really impressed by the 10 hour battery life, knowing it consumes 1.21 gigawatts of power!

Lionheart
March 6th, 2010, 18:51
Interesting. The iPad must incorporate a flux capacitor. Now I'm really impressed by the 10 hour battery life, knowing it consumes 1.21 gigawatts of power!

LOLOL....

yes... me too...

Side note on batteries. Amazingly, to compete with longer lasting battery life 'and' to make the thinnest available large laptop in the world, they decided to make their own battery design. They 'went outside of the box' and thought about it, how they could use the space better. They ended up with a flexible 'foil' looking packet that looks like a super thin plasma bag. They found a vendor that would maufacture these units to exact specs of their designs. They also are a green company and are into non-poisonous materials caused from equipment being scrapped, so the battery is also designed to be a reabsorbed into the recylcing system.

The other competitors use batters with common cases, such as AA battery casings.