PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Shot Between The Eyes Rescues Comrades

stiz
March 5th, 2010, 04:36
"A British pilot got shot between the eyes as he flew his Chinook helicopter into a firefight in Afghanistan - but he still managed to land safely and rescue all 20 people on board"

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100305/twl-pilot-shot-between-the-eyes-rescues-3fd0ae9.html

:medals:

Snuffy
March 5th, 2010, 04:36
:unitedkingdom:

:salute:

stansdds
March 5th, 2010, 06:45
Wow. :salute:

Duckie
March 5th, 2010, 06:59
:unitedkingdom:

:salute:

:salute::salute:

Duckie

Matt Wynn
March 5th, 2010, 08:00
ahh Lucky for Lucky, good chopper pilot, one i'd always want around, well done sir and i hope his injuries heal quickly, heres to Flight Lieutenant 'Lucky' Fortune and to a speed recovery, we wish you all the best Sir :salute::ernae: "Vive le mort, Vive le guerre..." (Someones gotta be able to finish off the toast here)

Edit... Just remembered BN is one of the Chinooks i've been on in the past, sure is a lucky charm in the fleet!

OBIO
March 5th, 2010, 08:16
Talk about bravery, skill and fortitude. If I so much as yank an errant nose hair, I can't even use my PC for a good half hour....can't imagine how useless I would be if I took a bullet between the eyes.

OBIO

lifejogger
March 5th, 2010, 08:48
Above and beyond the call of duty.:medals::medals:

cheezyflier
March 5th, 2010, 09:13
....can't imagine how useless I would be if I took a bullet between the eyes.

OBIO

man, you left the door wide open on that one :icon_lol:
but i'll behave. i'm surprised i am the first to have spotted it :icon_lol:

Lionheart
March 5th, 2010, 10:25
Man, that is one awesome story.

I salute that man!

A proper name to add; Ian 'Fortune'.

To quote Admiral Nelson; 'Damn the torpedos. Its only a flesh wound!'

Bill

GT182
March 5th, 2010, 12:50
:jawdrop: Holy chit! He's one lucky fella.... the crew and rescuees too due to his bravery and skills. I'd say he deserves the highest award that can be given.... Congressional Medal of Honor from the US, and the highest given by the Brits. Plus a kiss from the Queen.

And a proper salute...... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif :unitedkingdom: :unitedstates:

Matt Wynn
March 5th, 2010, 13:31
British Salute, Palms outwards centre finger levelled with the top of the brow bone :kilroy: done that way if i recall right to show you are not hiding a blade in your hand :icon_lol:

highest he'll probably get is an honourable mention, he deserves a DFC for it though... the bulldog spirit is alive and well still... :jump: thats a morale boost and a half!

TARPSBird
March 5th, 2010, 13:37
Now that's some hard-core bravery and dedication to duty!!!
Job well done Flt. Lt. Fortune!!! :medals:

Ken Stallings
March 5th, 2010, 15:09
Wow! That's some serious courage and cool under the most extreme of pressures!

In all seriousness, a DFC is most certainly warranted and frankly a medal higher in priority.

Ken

Piglet
March 5th, 2010, 18:31
Bravo November, the same Chinook made famous in the Falklands Campaign. I wanna get a seat in that helo!:icon29:

boxcar
March 5th, 2010, 19:04
Highly admirable, courageous & determined... a real hero.