PDA

View Full Version : Fulmar question...

Rami
March 4th, 2010, 13:14
To all,

Bruno has asked me to adjust the gun firing on the Fulmar. I can get the 2d gunsight firing level, but the guns are still firing well above the pipper in the virtual cockpit.

Other than that and fixing the framerate "stutter" problem I had with the Spitfire, she's an absolute beaut.

Jagdflieger
March 4th, 2010, 14:19
Nice. Looks like Bruno has a couple of Commonwealth planes in the pipeline now.

I'm sure you know this, but for those that don't, here is a little recap on VC zeros:

For the VC zero, go to the aircraft.cfg file and adjust in the [VIEWS] section. Remember that the XYZ order is reversed in the aircraft.cfg compared to the panel.cfg file.

Some aircraft.cfg files don't have the [VIEWS] section. If that's the case, just add something like this:

[Views]
eyepoint=1.1,0.0,2.3

Rami
March 4th, 2010, 14:49
Jagd,

Thanks a million...changing the last one to 2.9 did the trick.

whitehawk_2009
March 4th, 2010, 15:41
I want it, I want it, I want it!:applause::applause::applause:

WH

tonybones2112
March 4th, 2010, 19:13
[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=5000

Is this the "x,y,z" thing you guys are talking about?

I've become very fond of Thicko's Mk1 and Mk2 Gladiators with Morton's panels. Due to the limited forward view in the Gladys I found the "Views" set at "5", which is way too high for me personally. I use a replacement gunsight and drop the number down to between 2.75 and 3, this places the shots in the center reticle which is barely viewable, but I'm used to shooting center reticle. Thicko's Gladys is one of my favorites to fly in a dogfight.

Bones

sc7500
March 4th, 2010, 19:59
No Ceegar.

Here, TB - this is what you're looking for:

[Views]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.6, 0.0, 0.0

[BTW, if these lines aren't present in the panel.cfg file, add 'em in]

Adjusting the first numbers [X is RED] gradually up or down by .1 0r .2, you can dial in the vertical bullet path to taste.

I haven't had to mess with the Y and Z axis[es] to date, but it's the same program.

Enjoy !
SC
:kilroy:

tonybones2112
March 5th, 2010, 01:08
Thanks SC, that's all I needed to know my friend:salute:

Bones

Jagdflieger
March 5th, 2010, 02:11
If you want to move your virtual head forward or backwards in the cockpit, adjust the last figure. It will not change your zero at all, but you can make adjustements so that the VC view closely matches your 2d panel in size. It's much like using your zoom ([ and ]) buttons, but it gives you the view you want on start up or when switching from 2d to padlock (VC) view.

miamieagle
March 5th, 2010, 05:49
Thank you Guys. This has been a very informative post!:applause:

tonybones2112
March 5th, 2010, 14:13
Thanks Jagd, that helps a great deal.

Bones

Brunosk
March 6th, 2010, 08:03
Thanks Rami and friends, this was one of the last things to fix !
She's basically ready to upload, will do as soon as the add-on library is functional !