PDA

View Full Version : Suprunov Design Yakovlev 40

T Square
March 3rd, 2010, 16:55
Does anyone here have first hand experience with the SD - Yakovlev 40 ? I have been looking at buying it, but I have read some reveiws that say it's a great model, and others say it's a resource hog. Anybody here got anything to add that might help me make up my mind, or confuse me even more ?

FengZ
March 3rd, 2010, 17:34
There should be a demo version on AVSIM. You can d/l it and see how it performs on your PC.

On my older PC, this thing ate up all the memory and CPU (took a few seconds for the VC to load). But on my current laptop, it runs silky smooth. I haven't had any problems with it.

I love russian aircrafts...and this is a must have for collectors!

-feng

T Square
March 3rd, 2010, 18:27
FengZ

I'm the same way about Russian aircraft, and this being the only YAK 40 I've seen. I think I'm going to snap it up. Now to convence the wife to release some income tax return coin.

:guinness::guinness::guinness:

Lazerbeak
March 3rd, 2010, 22:17
I highly recommend it! On my ancient computer this addon runs perfectly smooth (by the standards of this ageing relic). It's quickly become one of my favourites.

Cockpit text is in Russian, but it also has an option for English labels, so it's very user friendly.

PHo17
March 4th, 2010, 04:45
There should be a demo version on AVSIM. You can d/l it and see how it performs on your PC.

Still not available on AVSIM, but on FlightSim there is one.

Pekka