PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Problem

falcon409
March 1st, 2010, 17:10
Saturday morning I went into the Hospital with Pneumonia. While I was gone, the monitor gremlins entered my setup and switched things around, lol.
Before I left, using my Norcent 22" flat screen as the main display and the smaller 19" Dell as the secondary, my cursor would move normally from left to right across both screens. Now for some unknown reason it will only go to the smaller right hand monitor by going left to the left edge of the 22" monitor and it reappears on the right edge of 19" monitor, completely unnatural to me.

I cannot find any way to correct the mouse travel back to the way it was.
The only options (and I'm using the latest NVidia driver) are to
*extend the desktop
*Use the primary display as the clone (which gives me duplicate mouse cursors)
*Use the secondary display as the clone (same as above)

That's it, there are no other options to change anything about the display beyond those three.

Any suggestions?

PRB
March 1st, 2010, 17:19
I have had this happen to me, but only when my primary monitor is the right-hand one, and the secondary is to the left. It seems Windows “likes” having the primary monitor be the one on the left-hand side. I fixed it by dragging the image of the “2” monitor at the screen resolution settings page to the other side of the “1” monitor. Or whatever is needed in your case.

MisterKleen
March 1st, 2010, 17:26
Have you tried switching around the HDMI connector to the video card???? One time I switched mine around and it took 2 days of frustration before I decided to start over from were it started from. Maybe they got switched around. The simple fix worked for me and I have a Nvidia GTX280 card and my monitors did the same thing your are doing.

falcon409
March 1st, 2010, 17:44
Good suggestions, but nothing has changed. "PRB" my NVidia Control Screen doesn't give me the option to drag n' drop. The position is set and that's it.
As for the HDMI switch I tried that already and it has no effect, it changes what monitor is viewed at boot up as the primary, but has no effect on mouse movement.:salute:

Dain Arns
March 1st, 2010, 17:48
Good suggestions, but nothing has changed. "PRB" my NVidia Control Screen doesn't give me the option to drag n' drop. The position is set and that's it.
As for the HDMI switch I tried that already and it has no effect, it changes what monitor is viewed at boot up as the primary, but has no effect on mouse movement.:salute:

Your windows one should let you drag and drop.
I have an nVidia card too with dual monitors, but I have to use the Windows one to move them around.

falcon409
March 1st, 2010, 18:00
Your windows one should let you drag and drop.
I have an nVidia card too with dual monitors, but I have to use the Windows one to move them around.
Bingo, I didn't consider the windows properties, I was trying only from the NVidia setup, Thanks Dain and thanks to PRB and MisterKleen for sounding off as well. There's always an answer to everything in here, lol.:salute: