PDA

View Full Version : REX2 Wave Animations

PRB
February 27th, 2010, 15:36
I have REX2, and I like it a lot, except for the water. I LOVED the default FSX water wave animation, and I lost it upon installing REX2. I look at the settings, and it seems I should be able to have “wave animation”, but it also implies I need “Shader 2X”. What the heck is Shader 2X? Obviously I don't have it, because I've lost my FSX wave animation!

ManuelL
February 27th, 2010, 15:52
I think it only means you need to set the water animation slider in FSX to a setting of at least 2 x.

Major_Spittle
February 27th, 2010, 15:52
This is just a guess, but try turning up your Water settings in FSX.

PRB
February 28th, 2010, 12:52
Hmm. My water setting slider is maxed out. I tried increasing some other scenery settings, with no effect. I wonder if REX2 doesn't have wave animations at all? I still have the surf animations, but not the moving waves out at sea like before installing REX2. I wonder if the surf animation is what REX means by "wave animation"...

SolarEagle
February 28th, 2010, 13:55
Wave animation means the animated wave texture, which is essentially the open water texture. Try the one called "Sparkling", which is the best one, and see how that looks.

flewpastu
February 28th, 2010, 17:23
I was just gonna say SolarEagle the sparkling theme is the one that looks the most realistic

Bill