PDA

View Full Version : Father's day present.

BPbobafett1982
February 27th, 2010, 05:29
I was going through my back up harddrive and found a few pics that I thought I should share.

In all took about three to four days to finish.

Chacha
February 27th, 2010, 05:43
Very good...

Thanks for sharing!

:applause:

Cloud9Gal
February 27th, 2010, 05:59
Wooooooooooo I like that! Very nice!! I'm sure it was a hit! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Happy/happy-thumb-up-045.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

BPbobafett1982
February 27th, 2010, 06:09
By dad wanted something to remember the DC-9 in NWA colors before they repainted the fleet in a Delta scheme.

I think I did this painting last May when my father was in Atlanta on a work related trip. But I'm not entirely sure...

Cloud9Gal
February 27th, 2010, 06:16
By dad wanted something to remember the DC-9 in NWA colors before they repainted the fleet in a Delta scheme.

I think I did this painting last May when my father was in Atlanta on a work related trip. But I'm not entirely sure...

You did well! Nothing is worth more than a gift that's been "made" by hands. Your Dad will never forget that :)

I will take a blanket, that's been knitted with love, over a 2 carat diamond ring any day. The blanket is worth so much more in emotional value. http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Love/love-061.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Love-Smileys.html)

cheezyflier
February 27th, 2010, 06:17
that's a really cool gift. maybe i'm weird but i like stuff like that better than the store bought stuff.
he can look at that and know you spent time and effort thinking of him in appreciation.
can't get a whole lot cooler than that in my book. (unless you gave him a ferrari)

BPbobafett1982
February 27th, 2010, 06:22
My dad has already said that if he gets transfered back down to atlanta. He's going to remove that part of the wall and bring it with him to put in the new house. When he said that, I really didn't know if he was joking or not. I did tell him if he wants, I can fly down and paint a new one for him in his new garage.

Wittpilot
February 27th, 2010, 06:24
Very well done. Now you have to start going bigger.... Painting aircraft on grander scales becomes pretty difficult because it is very hard to get the concept of depth the larger you get. You have obviously conquered that....

Here's two examples over the last few years my father has done... The first My dad, brother, and myself worked on... That blue sky: all me :wiggle:

BPbobafett1982
February 27th, 2010, 06:30
Nice pics Witt, I'm a trained draftsman. So technical drawing is no problem for me, I did take take a few art classes in college to learn about shading and highlights. It's the backgrounds or organic bits that get me everytime. I still have some practice to do I guess.

cheezyflier
February 27th, 2010, 11:25
Nice pics Witt, I'm a trained draftsman. So technical drawing is no problem for me, I did take take a few art classes in college to learn about shading and highlights. It's the backgrounds or organic bits that get me everytime. I still have some practice to do I guess.

you could run out some stuff on the plotter to use as a template. cool deal :applause:

Cazzie
February 27th, 2010, 11:37
That is so cool, there is no gift in the world better than a creation from the heart!

I wish so much that I had taken some art classes in college, but like my ear in music ability, so goes my eye in art. I am a dilettante, but useless in any endeavors I try.

Witt, your dad's work is super, I admire art almost as much as I admire the real thing.

My hat's off to both of you.

C9G, as an aside, I sleep in cold weather with a quilt done by my wife's grandmother and have for the last 20 years. There is nothing warmer than something done for someone out of love. Diamond rings are only for the vain, a warm blanket is for eternity.

Caz

Bjoern
February 27th, 2010, 18:34
Cool! :cool:

jmig
February 27th, 2010, 18:45
Nice murals. BPbobafett1982 that is something really special you did for your dad. he will never forget your gift.

:salute: :salute: :salute: