PDA

View Full Version : My New Number One Wish for FS9

OBIO
February 26th, 2010, 15:09
A really well done Ford Tri-Motor...one that is easy to skin. I have been flying the heck out of the stocker here lately....would love to do up some killer skins for it....but trying to paint it is like trying to paint the rest of the stockers....a real PITA.

OBIO

Jagdflieger
February 26th, 2010, 15:31
At one time Simtech had a Ford Tri-Motor in production, but I don't think it was ever released. It may have been for FS 8; it's been a while.

The last flyable Ford Tri-Motor that I saw was at the old Silverwood airfield north of Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. That airfield is now the Silverwood amusement park. It's a great place to take the kids or the wife for a fine day out.

A good alternative would be to fly Jens B. Kristensen's Fokker Tri-Motor. Look for: f12_ddl1.zip

Felixthreeone
February 26th, 2010, 15:52
I wish I only had one wish for FS9....but yours is definitely a good one lol

Lionheart
February 26th, 2010, 18:41
My wish is for a modern compiler that could compile models up to 200,000+ polys...

<--- smacks head on wall, kicks dirt, mumurs french words...

ThinkingManNeil
February 26th, 2010, 19:36
There was a chap a couple of years back who started working on an Ultraflight Lazair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraflight_Lazair) ultralight for FS9 and seemed to make some good progress on it, even creating a sample video (http://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=lazair&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&tnr=21&vid=0001146674653), but then it went no farther.
The Lazair was one of the best and most popular ultralight designs to have flown, and as some of my favourite kind of flying is low and slow, I'd love to see a skilled FS designer take up this project again. Good ultralights are somewhat under-represented in FS (Byron Warwick's Kolb Firefly is one of the better ones as is Bill & Lynn Lyons Golden Eagle Squadron Challenger) so it'd be nice to see the Lazair added.

N.

Cees Donker
February 26th, 2010, 22:56
Mine would be a Koolhoven FK.51!

:kilroy:

Cees

Drzook
February 27th, 2010, 08:40
If I only had one wish...
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=yoJPkaUBpRA&v=11xThxLBb2c
Hey if Steve can't keep it to one wish what hope do I got?
All I want is some sort of supercomputer where I could get all available scenery and AI together have several hundred planes in the air at once around me, have all the detail and realism sliders maxed out to the right and still get over 25fps.
(That and the whole thing with Rosanna Arquette and Paulina Porizkova...back in the day I thought that would be pretty cool.:jump:)

bpfowler
February 27th, 2010, 09:20
My wish is for a modern compiler that could compile models up to 200,000+ polys...

<--- smacks head on wall, kicks dirt, mumurs french words...

suppose you got your wish:
1. what would you build
2. would any of us be able to fly a 200k poly model on our fs9 rigs?
-mine gets tired trying to run the 40k models!

crashalot2
February 27th, 2010, 14:40
I want a nice B-17 D

Sidney Schwartz
February 27th, 2010, 15:07
Here I am standing in front of my own personal Ford Tri-Motor. Ha ha...what a liar. This one is at the Evergreen Air Museum in McMinville OR. That's also where the "Spruce Goose" currently lives. That huge gray thing you see above the Tri-motor is part of the rear section of the Goose. It's a wonderful museum. :wavey:

OBIO
February 27th, 2010, 19:27
Sidney

Beautif pics of the Tri...thanks for sharing. I have always had a soft spot for the Ford Tri....ever since I was a kid. My dad flew in a Tri twice. Once in 1946, him and grandpa went up in on at a county fair. Then in the late 50s, when Dad was in the Marines, he was coming home...using Seat Available on what ever military planes were heading in the general direction of California to Ohio. He got stuck in one of the Dakotas with no Seat Available for 3 days....and he really wanted to get home for Christmas. A guy at the airport new a guy who flew a Tri hauling packages and stuff and he was heading East a couple of states. He arranged for Dad to grab a spot on the floor and ride along. Dad said it was the coldest he had ever been in his life...said it took him 3 months of California sun to get the chill out of his bones....hours in an unheated Tri, sitting on the frozen floor....I guess he really wanted to get home for Christmas.

OBIO