PDA

View Full Version : History Channel videos

Trans_23
February 26th, 2010, 10:10
I had a gift card for Best Buy to burn from last Christmas and I wanted to use it toward the purchase of FSX. I guess BB doesn't carry FSX anymore as I went to two stores and they didn't have it. So I thought I would us it toward the purchase of Windows 7 but they only carry the upgrade version so that was out. So the wife told me to go to the movie section and get something there. I had a few things in mind when I ran across "The Century of Warfare" series from the History Channel. Twenty-six hour long episodes dating back to 1896 with every major battle engagement from the precursors of WWI to the liberation of Kuwait.
As we were walking out we stopped to have a look at the latest and greatest is HD video cameras. One of the associates explaining the new gadgets to us saw that I had the DVD pack and told me I really need to buy another title in Blu-Ray called "WWII in HD" also done by the History Channel. I have always been a little skeptical about spending the extra money on Blu-Ray movies unless they were actually filmed with HD cameras but he guaranteed me that the visuals and the story are stunning. This moving is 7 hours long so somehow I have to send the wife and kids away long enough to take over the TV for a few hours. Not an east feat. I may have to buy a Blu-Ray player for the puter. :isadizzy:

BPbobafett1982
February 27th, 2010, 06:15
Another History channel DVD collection to look out for at BB is Dogfights the complete series. 10 DVD's and hours of neat visuals.

BB had a LG blu-ray drive for the computer on sale awhile ago for about $117. They may still have it on sale.

Trans_23
February 27th, 2010, 09:21
Another History channel DVD collection to look out for at BB is Dogfights the complete series. 10 DVD's and hours of neat visuals.

BB had a LG blu-ray drive for the computer on sale awhile ago for about $117. They may still have it on sale.
I looked for that one but couldn't find it. Amazon probably has it cheaper anyway.

brad kaste
February 27th, 2010, 10:34
Trans,.............if you're member of Costco,.....they can have a nice selection of WWII documentary DVD's. And, ...at times,..... mini packs of WWII feature films on DVD.
Costco has this habit of switching things in and out on the quick side. So if you see something you like,...buy it that day. May not be there the next time you shop.