PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Tigercat in FSX

expat
November 6th, 2008, 08:02
Anyone here managed to portover the F7F to FSX and not have annoying gauge warning/error messages on entry (or texture issues; I am using SP2)? Am trying to swap out the offending gauges but am not having much success finding only gauges that are more FS friendly. :banghead:

tigisfat
November 6th, 2008, 12:53
Anyone here managed to portover the F7F to FSX and not have annoying gauge warning/error messages on entry (or texture issues; I am using SP2)? Am trying to swap out the offending gauges but am not having much success finding only gauges that are more FS friendly. :banghead:

I'm sorry it's not the answer you're looking for, and I haven't ported this aircraft, but I've ported many other aircraft with repeated error messages and still used them seemingly just fine.

falcon409
November 6th, 2008, 14:19
I'm sorry it's not the answer you're looking for, and I haven't ported this aircraft, but I've ported many other aircraft with repeated error messages and still used them seemingly just fine.
I've done that a few times too, but here's what I found. . .if the aircraft only has a 2D cockpit (using a photoreal bitmap) and I get the "this gauge is no longer supported" error message and I ignore it, when I get into the sim, it looks like all the gauges loaded anyway, only to find out that what I'm looking at is just the bitmap and not the real gauges. If you get that message and ignore it. . .it's my experience that those gauges do not load at all and if they do, you still just get the bmp of that gauge and not the functionality.

If you plan on porting older aircraft into FSX, then you can count on some if not all of those airplanes to have a lot of '98 gauges included which will not function in FSX. Go buy FSPanel Studio and make your job 100 times easier. You simply "swap" a bad gauge for a good one and that function snaps the new gauge into the same area already sized.

thunder100
November 7th, 2008, 02:04
Hello

I have ported over.

The only issues are as you said the panel gauges.I have replaced the non acceptable ones form other FSX payware planes or Reality XP

So look to an US warbird which works well in SP2 and then port over the gauges to tigercat(Replace the entrys in panel.cfg with working gauges)

Godspeed

thunder100