PDA

View Full Version : Default Flight Aircraft.

Willy
February 24th, 2010, 20:05
I changed my default aircraft a long time ago. I've had serveral different ones saved as the default since I first installed FS9, but it's been Milton's Beech 18 cargo variant for a long time now. With my Merc Air paint, it's my favorite aircraft for the sim.

What's your default aircraft?

MaddogK
February 24th, 2010, 20:24
Very nice, I wonder what hangar I left mine parked in...maybe I should follow the trails of beer bottles back to her.
;)

Fleet Canuck
February 24th, 2010, 20:25
Everytime I open up FS2004 I'm in the mood for a different aircraft, so default is irrelevent to me. Seeing the Beech 18 makes me want to fly it again though, so that will probably be what I try next time. It really is top notch.

Seeing your picture of the panel makes me wonder something. That big blue phillips head screw sticks out at the top of the panel. Does that bother anyone else as much as it did me? I used DXTBMP to get rid of it.

Willy
February 24th, 2010, 21:43
That screwhead hasn't really bothered me as I've never really paid it much attention.

I did get to wondering and had to go look in the folder but I've got 84 different paints for it. Probably my default DC-3 is the only other one to come close to that.

arrowmaker
February 25th, 2010, 03:23
Like a lot of folks I periodically change my default aircraft. For the last few months I've been using the RealAir Scout. A fantastic, little, high quality, plane.

OBIO
February 25th, 2010, 04:41
Since I usually have multiple installs of FS9 for the various types of aircraft, I leave the C172 as my default plane since it is common between all installs. I suppose it could be any of the stock planes...

OBIO

Drzook
February 25th, 2010, 06:02
For the longest time my default aircraft has been the Lockheed Vega (albeit with many modifications). However I have been flying Yann Koun's Cessna 404 Titan (again with many modifications) a lot lately and this will likey take the place of my Vega at some point.

Z-claudius24
February 25th, 2010, 06:33
Hi,

For avoid any problems .. my default AC in the default flight is the C172.

Willy
February 25th, 2010, 11:22
I've never had a problem with a well built aircraft as the default.

Moses03
February 25th, 2010, 11:37
Since my FS9 reinstall last Oct, it's been the default Lockheed Vega. Prior to that the Howard 500 was the default for a long time.

middle
February 25th, 2010, 11:55
My default is Bill Lyons Tri-pacer....however, lately I've been flying the mooney a lot..picked up a couple of paints that made the vc look real nice and with a TrackIr I do almost all flying in the VC...big fun!!!

WND
February 25th, 2010, 14:21
For quite some time now I've used an L-17 Navion as my default aircraft which I've modified a little bit.

I also default into my own "private" airport which I made for FS9 and I've gone one step further by programming the radio's on the aircraft so when I turn them on the freq's are already set up for the airport.

Along with all that, I now have my own FS Host server (with multiple hop lists) and a TeamSpeak server (2 and 3) which I keep on 24/7 on the weekends (for now)!!! I eventually plan on keeping the servers on all the time but for now it's just been the weekends.

BTW, if anyone would like to stop by and say hi (or fly some hop lists) - the server's can be found at wnd1.dyndns.org

Bill

Cazzie
February 25th, 2010, 14:30
Need you ask!

pfflyers
February 25th, 2010, 15:42
For as long as I can remember my default aircraft in both FS9 and GW3 has been Bill Lyons' Grumman Goose in Heather Sherman's BFU paint.

Tom Clayton
February 25th, 2010, 15:49
My default is the stock C182 set to cold and dark, including mags off. But oddly enough, if I start a flight with multi-precip plane, the mag switches start in the Both position instead of Off. I never have been able to fix that...

Willy
February 25th, 2010, 17:12
I'm set cold and dark in the Beech at my r/l local airport KTGC.

brad kaste
February 25th, 2010, 18:16
....Stock default C172......

HorusJ
February 25th, 2010, 18:21
Default Mooney,cold-everything off.

robert41
February 25th, 2010, 19:01
I keep the default C172 when starting, then switch to one of my favorite AC. Usually Bill Lyon's Cub for short flights or the default DC3 for longer flights. For something faster, Ill jump into a WW2 fighter.

bpfowler
February 26th, 2010, 09:39
Milton's DH80 at Skagit Valley Regional, using Holger's cascades and puget sound scenery. Sometimes I change to the Beech amphib for ambitious trips eastward into the river valleys

Not only do I get to fly from skagit in FS2004, we drive to Skagit Valley in RL2010 for fresh salmon from La Conner and all the tulips (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=skagit+valley+tulips&w=all&s=int&referer_searched=1) you can imagine in the spring.

Gotta get the hula gal into the Pousse-Moeuth....

MaddogK
February 26th, 2010, 10:17
Milton's DH80 at Skagit Valley Regional, using Holger's cascades and puget sound scenery. Sometimes I change to the Beech amphib for ambitious trips eastward into the river valleys

Not only do I get to fly from skagit in FS2004, we drive to Skagit Valley in RL2010 for fresh salmon from La Conner and all the tulips (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=skagit+valley+tulips&w=all&s=int&referer_searched=1) you can imagine in the spring.

Gotta get the hula gal into the Pousse-Moeuth....

Took me almost 2 years to get 'hula gal' file, now she adorns the dash on many GA A/C in my stable. She just don't have a place in my fighters, tho a pic of Jane Russell my turn up in a couple.
:salute:

To the OP, stock cessna 172

Desert Rat
February 26th, 2010, 10:30
my GW3, SW & FS9 have different aircraft, see below.

OBIO
February 26th, 2010, 10:37
There's a hula gal file? And she moves like a real hula gal on the dash? Where can I find it?

OBIO

MaddogK
February 26th, 2010, 11:06
There's a hula gal file? And she moves like a real hula gal on the dash? Where can I find it?

OBIO

She's supposed to be on the SOH A-26 dash, but the gauge file isn't in the D/L. Someone told me it was a ROS (Real Old Salt) gauge and downloadable from our server. I prolly can shoot it to you later.

Willy
February 26th, 2010, 16:45
I got Real Old Salt to make it when he was doing the gauges for the A-26. I've put it in a lot of aircraft that I like to fly. Kind of like a good luck charm. If you want to seen what it looks like, it's in the panel shot of mine at the start of this thread.

I went ahead and dug it out of my gauges folder and zipped it up. Here ya go...

OBIO
February 26th, 2010, 20:11
Now I can have a Hula Gal on my dash boards....that put my sim over the top!

Thanks Willy.

OBIO

bpfowler
February 26th, 2010, 21:48
thanx willy.
it's the simple thangs....

dogknot
February 27th, 2010, 00:17
The first dancing hula girl that I remember was in the Grumman Duck for FS2002. It was put together by Heather Sherman and team. Later, Heather configured "LuLu" and the music panel for the Goose. Lotsa fun from the old days.

beana51
February 27th, 2010, 07:54
Since it was offered still at my home airport, the the Flight 1 Archer.....it most Mimics my real plane.Like how it flys,and the realistic panel.Every thing works with it....Thanx!!...Vin!...OH yes the TWO feet of snow pictured??? well its Al Gores feet!

cheezyflier
February 27th, 2010, 11:32
my current default has been the kodiak out of toronto island since it was released. :applause:

Dartguy
February 27th, 2010, 11:54
Hi guys,

How can I change the default plane and airport?

Thanks

Cazzie
February 27th, 2010, 11:57
Hi guys,

How can I change the default plane and airport?

Thanks

Check the box to save flight once the aircraft and airport is chosen, then name the flight, it's really simple.

LOL beana51, reckon he's waiting on global warming to warm his piggies!

Caz

Dartguy
February 27th, 2010, 12:12
Much obliged, sir!:salute:

huub vink
February 27th, 2010, 13:29
Its my default flight, but thats about the only thing which is default......

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Default_flight.jpg

Milton Shupe
February 27th, 2010, 14:23
I changed my default aircraft a long time ago. I've had serveral different ones saved as the default since I first installed FS9, but it's been Milton's Beech 18 cargo variant for a long time now. With my Merc Air paint, it's my favorite aircraft for the sim.

What's your default aircraft?

It amazes me that people still fly this D18S with all the quality stuff out today.

I leave my default setup like it came as it is crucial for testing WIP aircraft to ensure other variables are not distorting test results.

One day we do hope to complete the AT-11 Kansan that turned out to be a significant re-build of the D18 starter gmax source.

Willy
February 27th, 2010, 14:28
Milton, don't sell your D18S short. It's top notch all the way around. Heck, I'm thinking about flying it around the world, again.

I'm still very much looking forward to the AT-11!

bpfowler
February 27th, 2010, 17:25
Milton, without your planes my sim wouldnt be as much fun, no sir, not at all.
The beech is a one of a kind plane to fly and see in fs9!
gonna look cuter with that thar hula girl aboard...

HorusJ
February 27th, 2010, 17:49
I agree.Milton,in the past month I have have put in more air time in your Beech,Howard,and Spartan than in any other freeware and payware aircraft in my collection.A HUGE thank you sir.:applause:

ThinkingManNeil
February 28th, 2010, 08:52
Milton, don't sell your D18S short.I heartily agree! Milton, your Twin Beech was one of the reasons I wanted FS2004 in the first place. Thank you for a truly superb aircraft.

Cheers,

N.

ThinkingManNeil
February 28th, 2010, 09:06
I have a lot of FS2004 favourites that have been my rotating default choices: the Lyons' DH Tiger Moth, Stearman, and Ryan ST-A, Milton Shupe's D-18 Beech, Rick Piper's DHC-1 Chipmunk, the A2A/Shockwave P-51D Mustang and Section 8's F-86F (really impressive) along with a few others. But the one I currently fly the most is J.E Narcizo's excellent little Cessna C-150 Aerobat with the Texas Taildragger conversion. It flies very nicely and has great modeling and 2D/VC cockpits, and it also easily lent itself to my first attempt at repainting (though I still have a HUGE amount to learn about that - flounder, flounder, flounder...).

His Piper Pa-18 Super Cub is pretty nice, too.

N.