PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 and Windows 7 64 bit

Judan
February 23rd, 2010, 15:54
I did the following steps that Tailwind give in tutorial in a sticky on SOH. Every thing works except when I change the compatibilty setting to XP service pack 3 setting. I get really jerky movments when I am in the XP compatibilty setting, but I can join a online game. So I tried changing it to the Windows 98 setting,when I change to that setting the game is smooth but I can't join a online game because it says that I have mismatches. Any help would be great appreciatied.
Judan

Stephen304
February 25th, 2010, 08:39
How did you get online working??? I did all the instructions: i copied the main .exe and named it cfs3Vista.exe and i set it into xp sp3 compatibility mode and set it to run as admin but it still says aircraft mismatch!

I think i may have it working, i think i need to test it, if anyone can help! I will check my forwarded ports again in the meantime.

hairyspin
February 25th, 2010, 11:14
How did you get online working??? I did all the instructions: i copied the main .exe and named it cfs3Vista.exe and i set it into xp sp3 compatibility mode and set it to run as admin but it still says aircraft mismatch!

I think i may have it working, i think i need to test it, if anyone can help! I will check my forwarded ports again in the meantime.

You may have tried to join a game with a non-stock aircraft list or you may have non-stock aircraft (add-ons) in your own setup. Try joining another game. Oh yes, get and run the BDP nuker as well - or delete all .BDP files from your CFS3 install if you can't find the nuker. The game will create fresh ones.

Stephen304
February 25th, 2010, 11:19
Where are these .bdp files and why do i want to delete them?

hairyspin
February 25th, 2010, 11:41
They're in every aircraft folder in CFS3, plus in lots of other folders - weapons, bombs, etc. The sim generates them to speed up loading the game and they are a binary version of the XML damage model file.
Any time you edit the damage file, the .BDP has to be deleted or the changes don't show. Also the sim can get picky if they're much older than those on the game host's PC afaik. Multiplayer people have found a lot of online problems can be avoided by deleting them before going online.

If you don't have the nuker, do a search for *.BDP from the CFS3 directory, to include sub-directories. When the results are done, delete all files found.

I just did a search of CFS3 on my Win7 64-bit drive and it found more than 500 .BDP files.

Stephen304
February 25th, 2010, 14:00
573 ^^,
awesome! Now i just have to see if multiplayer works.. and if it doesn't my computer is "special"...