PDA

View Full Version : Latest Medal Count ...

Snuffy
February 23rd, 2010, 12:17
Medal Count

<STYLE type=text/css><!--.goldMedalTopper{color:#C9CA48;}.silverMedalTopper {color:#C2C6D1;}.bronzeMedalTopper{color: #B0A379}.tablecell {font-size: 11px;border-top: 0px black solid;font-family: verdana, courier new, courier, sans-serif;}.tableheader {font-size: 12px;font-weight: bold;font-family: verdana, courier new, courier, sans-serif;border-bottom:1px solid #919FA8;}.tabletitle {font-size: 15px;font-weight: bold;color: white;background-color: black;}.Title{font-family : verdana, courier new, courier, sans-serif;font-size : 14px;color : white;font-weight : bold;background-color: black;text-align: center;}--></STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tableheader> </TD><TD class=tableheader>G </TD><TD class=tableheader>S </TD><TD class=tableheader>B </TD><TD class=tableheader align=right>Total </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecell>United States </TD><TD class=tablecell>7 </TD><TD class=tablecell>8 </TD><TD class=tablecell>10 </TD><TD class=tablecell align=right>25 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecell>Germany </TD><TD class=tablecell>7 </TD><TD class=tablecell>9 </TD><TD class=tablecell>5 </TD><TD class=tablecell align=right>21 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecell>Norway </TD><TD class=tablecell>6 </TD><TD class=tablecell>3 </TD><TD class=tablecell>5 </TD><TD class=tablecell align=right>14 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecell>Russia </TD><TD class=tablecell>2 </TD><TD class=tablecell>3 </TD><TD class=tablecell>6 </TD><TD class=tablecell align=right>11 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecell>Canada </TD><TD class=tablecell>5 </TD><TD class=tablecell>4 </TD><TD class=tablecell>1 </TD><TD class=tablecell align=right>10 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Trans_23
February 23rd, 2010, 13:52
:applause::applause::applause:

TeaSea
February 23rd, 2010, 15:28
Interesting in that I don't believe either the U.S. or Germany were especially favored this year.

harleyman
February 23rd, 2010, 19:04
:applause::applause::applause::applause: :salute:

jmig
February 24th, 2010, 03:24
This has been an enjoyable Olympics to watch. I stayed up late to watch the ice dancers. Everyone of them were beautiful in their routines. The Vancouver, B.C. area is beautiful.

deKoven
February 24th, 2010, 04:15
I dun care a fig about medal count. Smacks of "my schl*ng is bigger (longer) than yours". I watch the Olympics to see the very best competing for top banana. I don't count 'em up and don't care for that. You want real excellence? Watch the ice dance gold medal performance. That, to me, is the essence of the Games.

:medals: to the winners, in whatever discipline takes their fancy. and :icon29::guinness: (virtual) on me for the performance.

Bjoern
February 24th, 2010, 14:19
Two medals to go...go, Deutschland, go! :jump:

Dain Arns
February 24th, 2010, 16:41
I'll say it, I'm happy Canada finally broke the "No Golds at Home Olympics" jinx.
They have had some amazing athletes these games as well.
That Ice Dancing couple from Canada were flat out amazing the other night.
Relative new couple, unknowns, putting out a top notch athletic performance.
Love to see that happen.

Despite the ominous start, and the hiccup during the opening ceremonies, I have really enjoyed these Winter games more than some in the past.
Overall it seems like many of the sports have seen some really down to the wire competition this go around.
Not just the usual countries, winning the usual sports.
Lots of fresh faces.

Vancouver really put on one heck of a good Winter Games this time around.
Going to miss them come this weekend.