PDA

View Full Version : World's tallest dog: Giant George.

Ferry_vO
February 23rd, 2010, 02:24
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1252928/Measuring-7ft-Giant-George-enters-record-books-worlds-tallest-dog.html

:isadizzy:

Chacha
February 23rd, 2010, 03:52
Cool....

And he is from Tucson, Arizona.....

Thanks for sharing Ferry.... :applause:

Trans_23
February 23rd, 2010, 07:04
One of Willy's saddles might fit that dog. :icon_lol:

hey_moe
February 23rd, 2010, 09:45
110 pounds of dog food a week...cccccccchet. I wonder who cleans up them mountain droppings...lol...Mike

Navy Chief
February 23rd, 2010, 12:42
Geez,

My 130 pound Rottweiler is a dinky dog in comparison! 110 pounds of dog food per week?

Hope they have a good income!!

gecko65
February 23rd, 2010, 12:51
Yeah - my Danes were small in comparison at 120 and 145.

Fantastic dogs, that unfortunately live only to 9 on average.

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2010, 13:16
i'm having a hard time accepting that number as accurate. it takes my 2 beags 5 weeks to through 40 lbs. so thats 30lb+20 lbs = 50lbs of dog, eating 40lbs of food in 5 weeks. that's 8 lbs/week for 50 lbs of dog. that dog weighs 245 lbs. that makes him 5 times bigger than both of my dogs. 5 times 8 is 40.
so, 40 lbs a week i would believe. for those of you who have dogs, you know how big a 40 lb bag of dogfood is. i could see that dog eating one or maybe even 1 1/2 of those every week. but three of them in a week? i dunno....

still, a cool looking dog, i bet he's fun to play with. i betcha he can fetch a basketball :icon_lol:

***i would love to see the look on a burglar's face when he breaks into that house :icon_lol:

TARPSBird
February 23rd, 2010, 21:31
My sister's family had a Great Dane, he was a sweetheart with the kids. He would stand around patiently while the kids ran/crawled under him like he was a tunnel. You didn't want to be in front of him when he was running, with those big legs he couldn't stop real quick and you could get knocked on your butt. :icon_lol:

lifejogger
February 24th, 2010, 06:22
That is amazing he so huge; I wouldn’t want to have to buy all that dog food,
I have some friends who have a huge Mastiff who looks like he should be the perfect watch dog the problem is he is afraid of men and runs to the back of the house and hides whenever a man walks in the front door.

gecko65
February 24th, 2010, 07:19
My sister's family had a Great Dane, he was a sweetheart with the kids. He would stand around patiently while the kids ran/crawled under him like he was a tunnel. You didn't want to be in front of him when he was running, with those big legs he couldn't stop real quick and you could get knocked on your butt. :icon_lol:

They are definitely a load when they get moving. I've had my legs taken out from under me and at one point they gave me a black eye.

The next day at work:

"Who gave you the black eye?"
"Ummmm, my dog . . . "

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sHa_rofl.gif144144

Willy
February 24th, 2010, 10:41
One of Willy's saddles might fit that dog. :icon_lol:

I don't think I've got one that would fit!

GT182
February 24th, 2010, 10:47
110 pounds of dog food a week...cccccccchet. I wonder who cleans up them mountain droppings...lol...Mike

Droppings you say?

I'd call them "land mines". :bump:

I dated a girl from NYC that had a huge Great Dane. Loved to sit on your lap. Butt on lap, front feet on floor. And then he'd turn and give you that look... "I dare ya!" LOL

You didn't "take" him for a walk, he took you for a walk. LOL

Bjoern
February 24th, 2010, 14:24
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1252928/Measuring-7ft-Giant-George-enters-record-books-worlds-tallest-dog.html

RCSu3h_spls

Replace "mofo" with "dog".

CADFather
February 24th, 2010, 14:52
You didn't "take" him for a walk, he took you for a walk. LOL

Don't you mean, "He took you for a drag."?

GT182
February 24th, 2010, 15:16
Don't you mean, "He took you for a drag."?

Yeah that too. Worst part was when he got humpin happy. That could be dangerous.

Ferry_vO
February 24th, 2010, 15:23
"Who gave you the black eye?"
"Ummmm, my dog . . . "

My neighbours from a few years ago had a young Rottweiler; beautiful and very friendly dog, but you had to be careful because he was too playful for his 130 lbs weight! Once he ran up to me, put his front paws on my shoulders and gave me an accidental but nevertheless painfull headbutt! Bent my glasses too..

gecko65
February 24th, 2010, 17:54
My neighbours from a few years ago had a young Rottweiler; beautiful and very friendly dog, but you had to be careful because he was too playful for his 130 lbs weight! Once he ran up to me, put his front paws on my shoulders and gave me an accidental but nevertheless painfull headbutt! Bent my glasses too..

Wow - I can imagine that was painful :isadizzy: Those dogs are super dense and can be rather forceful at times.

My only encounter with a Rottweiler up close was when one decided I was going to be his . . . erm . . . "boyfriend" :a1089:
I thought he was just playing with me, until he tried to drag me down on the ground. I had to get serious and break out my mad Ninja skills to get him off me. Man! I just ain't into that sort of thing, ya know :eek:

cheezyflier
February 24th, 2010, 19:50
Wow - I can imagine that was painful :isadizzy: Those dogs are super dense and can be rather forceful at times.

My only encounter with a Rottweiler up close was when one decided I was going to be his . . . erm . . . "boyfriend" :a1089:
I thought he was just playing with me, until he tried to drag me down on the ground. I had to get serious and break out my mad Ninja skills to get him off me. Man! I just ain't into that sort of thing, ya know :eek:

take the words of randy quaid in "christmas vacation" as he talked about his own rotti:

"He's got a little bit of Mississippi leg hound in him. You don't want him around if your wearing short pants, if you know what I mean. My advice - if he lays into you, it's best to just let him finish!"

gecko65
February 24th, 2010, 22:24
take the words of randy quaid in "christmas vacation" as he talked about his own rotti:

"He's got a little bit of Mississippi leg hound in him. You don't want him around if your wearing short pants, if you know what I mean. My advice - if he lays into you, it's best to just let him finish!"

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: - I feel all the more lucky to have managed an escape!

Never had that issue with my Danes. We even slept in the same bed together, and there was no monkey business.