PDA

View Full Version : A SPECIAL THANK-YOU TO RON ( ICKIE )

hey_moe
February 22nd, 2010, 17:57
Sometimes we forget that keeping this site running 24/7 and safe is always a thankless job.If you don't know this by now, Ron is the only one who keeps SOH going, this also includes the software for virus's,ect..ect. I know once in a while we get a spammer in here but within a hour or so it is history. I don't know what all he does in the back office, all I know is he is up by five everyday and on line making sure that SOH in running to the fullest. He goes to bed around nine. Ron does this seven days a week, all day and night long. I have never heard him complain about all the free work he is doing. Sometimes when things don't work right he get a tad bit frustrated which is well understandable. I can guarantee you this is one hundred percent a thankless job. I guess by know we all know that Ron set up two sites now for our enjoyment. But he also inherited a double barrel job. Ron started this task with eleven hairs on his head, he is now bald...lol. If you have a computer you already know that thing can go wrong as this is what he has run into over and over each day. >>>> PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO SAY THANK YOU <<< to me he well deserves it :engel016:....Mike

Henry
February 22nd, 2010, 18:44
you looking for a wage increase:icon_lol:
LOL
but you are extremely correct
i dont have the stamina and dedication he does
he is here every day every night solving our problems
i know better than to bug him when he is working
uh Ron the emails not working as it should:kilroy:
believe me that guy is a certified nutcase
he just doesnt know when to rest
maybe he does but he doesnt he just keeps on going and going
the energizer squirrel :icon_lol:
without him we would all go without
i still think he is nuts
but thank you Sir :guinness:
H

Tako_Kichi
February 22nd, 2010, 18:47
Ron would get my vote for President! :applause::medals::icon29:

Henry
February 22nd, 2010, 18:48
but you an i Cannot vote:kilroy:
H

Chacha
February 22nd, 2010, 19:43

I second that.... LOL...

Kidding aside, I wonder sometimes, why he do what he does?

Seriously, Thanks Ron for ALL you do to make us sane in this insane world! :jump:

Lionheart
February 22nd, 2010, 19:52
Thanks Ron for all your hard work man.

Please take a rest and a breather. Go take the Bimmer out on a nice drive. Watch the sunrise. Listen to the birds sing. Write a new song. Listen to some cool music.

Bill

brad kaste
February 22nd, 2010, 20:04
:ernae:....Toasting a frosty mug of Chicago Goose Island beer to the Ickiemiester........:ernae:

OBIO
February 22nd, 2010, 20:44
A few lines of text is not nearly enough of an expression of gratitude for the work you do, Ickie. I have no idea how you manage to keep this site running...between the attacks, the spam and your health issues. You give us a place to call home and a place to build a great community, a place to share files and tips, a place to share our burdens and worries, a place to give one another support and prayer as needed. How can a person say in words just what needs to be said to show the kind of heart felt thanks that you deserve.....it isn't possible. "Thank you" is not sufficient, "Well Done" is too pale. A million virtual beer emoticons is just a slap in the face.

OBIO

Tako_Kichi
February 22nd, 2010, 21:41
but you an i Cannot vote:kilroy:
H
True....lol....come to think of it I bet it must be 25 years since I last voted for ANY politician.

I like it that way.......whoever is in power I can bitch about them and say 'They didn't get my vote!'....lol.

stiz
February 22nd, 2010, 23:18
yup, big thank you ickie :icon29::icon29:

gigabyte
February 23rd, 2010, 02:36
I have to add a double dose of thanks here, especially to Ron for his OUTSTANDING dedication to this community (I can appreciate the time and effort I administer a few sites myself) and to this community as a whole, I feel more at home and welcome on SOH than any other site on the web, and it's Ron's and the rest of the staff's hard work that make everyone welcome.

Ron you demonstrate a special dedication to this community and while some may think our appreciation goes with out saying, I agree with Mike it does need to be said every once in awhile so a great big - Thanks very much (lets call that a Gigathanks...lol) for your dedication, skill, and constant effort to keep this (now these) site(s) alive and such a great place for all our members and guests.:salute:

You Rock Ickie!:applause:

Snuffy
February 23rd, 2010, 03:00
Thanks Ron. I've said it plenty of times before, I'll say it again. You're the best, Bud. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and don't let certain negativisms get to ya ... people who make those kinds of remarks aren't worth the bother of worrying over.

:applause: :medals: :icon29:

Little Chacha
February 23rd, 2010, 03:53
Thank you from Hannah. Bye. :wavey:

jbflrivr
February 23rd, 2010, 03:53
Let me add my voice to the chorus of thanks for all your efforts on our behalf. I don;t know what I would do without my daily fix from browsing the Outhouse Forums.

Enjoy some rest.

JB

Trans_23
February 23rd, 2010, 07:07
Thanks for all your hard work Ickie and to all the other staff that keeps this place a favorite for so many. :applause::applause::applause:

mfitch
February 23rd, 2010, 12:26
Ickie does indeed deserve great thanks. I trust these words convey some measure of the esteem we have for him.

hewman100
February 23rd, 2010, 13:52
You are a Prince among men Ron. The Flight Simming Community owes you a debt of thanks that it'll have a difficult job repaying.:icon29::icon29:

paiken
February 23rd, 2010, 14:28
Thank you Ron, what you do for us is really amazing. You keep the servers running without advertisement revenue. Where else can you find such dedication? It was with great pleasure that I donated to the new servers/bandwidth drive. The sense of community here is unlike any other site. If you're hurtin', you come here for the warm fuzzies and support, and you learn a heck of a lot about flight simming too! So thanks Ron, for making SOH what it is. Have a beer or three on me.

Curtis P40
February 23rd, 2010, 15:07
Yes Sir...all of the above. Like what has already been mentioned, this place just seems like Home. I can come here and watch what's going on or every now and then I put in my two cents in. A place to learn, laugh and sometimes just lend support when the road of life digs a hole in your path.
Home...a world home
Thank You Ron. Maybe one day you can enlighten us on why you do what you do.:applause::applause:
Curt:kilroy:

robert41
February 24th, 2010, 18:17
A big thanks to Ickie.