PDA

View Full Version : I HATE painting

hey_moe
February 22nd, 2010, 16:01
While I've been off these last three months I noticed I had been getting my days mixed up with my nights and also have got a tad bit on the lazy side...lol. Anyway I got the bright idea to paint our living room. As I was finishing up the living room Linda asked me if I was going to paint the dining room,and hallway plus the hallway going upstairs. I said what the heck ok honey...lol. To paint the upstairs hallway I had to build a scaffold to get up to the top.Being since we changed the color in all rooms I had to paint everything twice including the dreaded ceilings.So now Linda gets the bright idea that the chandler in the entrance foyer needs to be changed :a1089: and also the curtains need to be replaced along with a beveled mirror over the living room sofa....ect..ect.I ended up painting 13 doors too, all with two coats.Nine gallons later, I finally finished. I also replace 7 receptacles, changed all light switches, receptacles with brass covers per the wife, two dimmer switches, and a chandler.... I told Linda dats da last time I decide to paint one room, she said are ya going to paint our bedroom because I already got that color picked out too:jawdrop:...does anybody have a gun I can borrow. :pop4:

harleyman
February 22nd, 2010, 16:36
TIP:

All painters worth their salt use liquor, not guns....LOL

Cloud9Gal
February 22nd, 2010, 16:42
Oh Mike! I forgot to tell you...

I just talked to Linda ,and she agreed to rent your painting services to me for this coming Spring.

I'm glad she has you doing ALL that painting because by the time you come to my house, you'll be a pro at it.

I also do a good job in picking all those wonderful different colors for you to paint with.

See you at the end of March!

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Laughing/lol-022.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

PS- Don't worry about the paintbrushes Mike, the least I can do is supply them....

hey_moe
February 22nd, 2010, 16:49
It's nice to know you are looking after my best interest...lol.....now I know I need a big gun....two women thinking along the same line.... a double barrel shot gun will do just fine :mixedsmi:....Mike

jmig
February 22nd, 2010, 16:58
It's nice to know you are looking after my best interest...lol.....now I know I need a big gun....two women thinking along the same line.... a double barrel shot gun will do just fine :mixedsmi:....Mike

Now MIke, since when can a man shoot faster than a woman can come up with things for you to do? Now TWO women....it was nice knowing ya. :wavey:

Lionheart
February 22nd, 2010, 18:45
TIP:

All painters worth their salt use liquor, not guns....LOL

LOLOLOL......!

Mike... Enjoy the fumes.

Hey, on the bright side, it might look pretty dang awesome when you are done.

"Brush on.... Brush off... Brush on.... Brush off.... hmm.... what can I apply this to? Barrel rolls in Flight Simulator? or.... heh"

cheezyflier
February 22nd, 2010, 19:04
i read once that painters have the highest suicide rate of all the trades.

Navy Chief
February 22nd, 2010, 19:10
Here's a different twist to things.

I had been thinking of putting my house up for sale, and moving to a smaller place. In preparation, I decided to paint all the rooms a neutral color. Well, the ex wife needed a job, so I paid her to do the job......:applause:

NC

Chacha
February 22nd, 2010, 19:51
I love painting...

I use water color or sometimes oil paint.....

I have a Gun.... I don't have a bullet.... I don't even know how to use it, never been used...

Don't you love to see the things you did in the house...

Think the brighter side.... Linda certainly will tell everyone that you did a good job.... doing those honey do things.... and later on your mother in law will call you to do a little work for her and your sister in laws.... and everyone in the neighborhood....

...And you know the answer to this... YES Dear!.... :running:

Lionheart
February 22nd, 2010, 19:53

..............car design students at Art Center... grim..

demorier
February 23rd, 2010, 00:27
I hate painting to...I used to make the stuff in a factory for about 2 years a long time ago. Dirty bloody job. Feel sorry for the commercial painter people, when they are painting new stuff at job sites they often have to close up all the doors and windows so dust and other gunk doesn't blow onto the wet paint. The fumes can be terrible in often boiling hot conditions. YUK

gigabyte
February 23rd, 2010, 02:15
she said are ya going to paint our bedroom because I already got that color picked out too

Now here is where I have the real advantage over most men, you see when my wife makes those kind of statements, the batteries in my Cochlear Implant Processor always seem to be dead so I just never hear them... "Huh, what was that? darn batteries are dead, you better write it down...lol"

harleyman
February 23rd, 2010, 02:58
Now here is where I have the real advantage over most men, you see when my wife makes those kind of statements, the batteries in my Cochlear Implant Processor always seem to be dead so I just never hear them... "Huh, what was that? darn batteries are dead, you better write it down...lol"

You are soooooo bad....I love it !

harleyman
February 23rd, 2010, 02:58

I think thats shrinks too!

Chacha
February 23rd, 2010, 05:18

Advantage of having a dead battery.... Nice...

.... Too funny...

.... Somehow I love painting walls.... and I change wall color every year.... in the bedrooms that is... depends on my mood... right now I have pink and green combo in my bedroom... One wall is pink the other wall is green....

Hannah's bedroom is purple and orange....

I used rollers .... it's fun.... took me few weeks to do it... I finally finished it when the SOH was down...

Mike, If you need help, I can send Hannah to do the job! She's a great helper... :icon_lol:

Snuffy
February 23rd, 2010, 05:32
Mike,

You need to get one of them sprayer thingies ... according to the commercials, you can paint the whole exterior of a house in less than 30 seconds.

And don't ya know its always a bad idea to start something like that without being "ridden, nagged" or otherwise prompted by the other half?

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2010, 05:50
moe, i totally sympathize with you on this. i love working with my hands and fixing things.
but putting a paintbrush in my hand makes me want to stab myself in the eye.

AckAck
February 23rd, 2010, 06:28
Mike,

You need to get one of them sprayer thingies ... according to the commercials, you can paint the whole exterior of a house in less than 30 seconds.

I think I've seen one with multiple houses in the same 30 seconds, in different colors, without changing the can, while walking down the middle of the street, AND without masking!

Can't find it on YouTube though.

Brian