PDA

View Full Version : Coastline question

flying_spud
February 22nd, 2010, 05:17
Hey,
Having got so used to the nice vaniilla coastlines I suddenly came to realise that these seem to finish at the Philippines?

With Maskriders excellent airfields installed that leaves a good bit of the Far East minus nice, graded beaches/coastlines. Anybody know of an upgrade for the likes of Dutch East Indies (especially Java), Malaya, Ceylon, Burma etc.

I'm interested in building early war missions from the 2 volume and stunningly detailed book set "Bloody Shambles" vols 1 & 2, for missions involving RAF/RN, USAAF/AVG, Dutch, IJNAF & IJAAF. I've got all the aircraft which is why cfs2 is so good - would be impossible on il-2 currently.

So far only the Philippines 1941-2 really looks right.

Thanks

SdC Redux
February 22nd, 2010, 05:27
Not at the moment but it's very likely to change over the next few months (not kidding: there is still a lot of development going on in that aspect)

Jagdflieger
February 22nd, 2010, 10:12
Good news Sander. I often use CFS 2 to pre-recon an area that I'm going to. It's a fun way to get the lay of the land (and coasts). You can also do this with Google Earth, but CFS 2 is just a lot more fun, although not quite as detailed or accurate. Of course with all the improvements being made all the time, that may soon change.

CrisGer
February 23rd, 2010, 20:38
thank you Sander, i have delayed working on some new water textures for the Pacific until we could get some of the coastlines restored. that will be very nice to have. Much appreciated.

flying_spud
February 25th, 2010, 01:41
Awesome news - coastlines will transform the areas I mentioned big time! Then cfs2 will be the best there is for S E Asia too! :jump: