PDA

View Full Version : Test Pilots Needed

Devildog73
February 13th, 2010, 16:17
I have Richard (Dick) Bong's first 18 missions done in a Campaign covering December, 1942 to December 1943. He was sent home for a War Bonds tour December, January. I have started his second campaign and have most of Thomas McGuire's 1943 missions done, though he arrived later in PTO than Bong.

If you are interested in some critical analysis, and input into this, my second attempt at CFS2 campaigns, please drop me a PM with your email address.

If you have the major, common scenery add-ons for the PTO, you have most of what you need, though there is a readme in the zip.

Thanks to Rami, for correcting my campaign cmg file.

DD73

Rami
February 14th, 2010, 07:31
Now come on, guys...there's got to be SOMEONE who's willing to help out Devildog here.

I'd do it, but I have my hands very full with my own updates and real life at the moment. :bump:

Jagdflieger
February 14th, 2010, 08:59
Damn. And me with a lap top that will barely get me airborne with a wingman. No way to help out with this machine, but I hope a few of the faithful will help out.

Either way, I'll download the missions and fly 'em when I get home.

braveheart77521
February 14th, 2010, 11:14
Devildog73

If you need a test pilot, please let me know. I have long been a fan of Dick Bong and Tommy McGuire. I just finished reading "Aces High," a joint biography of the two aces. I just got a new computer and have reinstalled CFS2. However, I have a large amount of CFS2 downloads on an external harddrive. I have the time and I would like to test your new campaign(s)

Braveheart77521

Devildog73
February 15th, 2010, 03:27
Braveheart,
That is the book I am building the missions and campaigns off of.

Yes, please send me your email address in a PM and I will send you the zip.
Ghostrider has been kind enough to offer help, so he now has the missions.

BTW, for those that do not already know this, for when you get an engine fire, (and you will), you can F5 the throttle quadrant up, cut the throttle, cut the mixture to zero, feather the prop, of the burning engine, then cut the magneto to it and DIVE at full throttle on the good engine. The flames do actually go out. Sometimes CFS2 will even let you restart that engine and fly back to base. Other times you have to limp either back to base or to an emergency landing base on just one engine.

I just posted that to let some of the less experienced multi-engine pilots know just in case. CFS2 actually does mirror the real situation sometimes, at least on the add-on aircraft from some of the outstanding aircraft builders out there.........