PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 and fresh fs9 installation

Aztec
February 12th, 2010, 18:03
G'day all

Well, after a lot of deliberation I'm a couple of days away from taking delivery of a new computer. The rough specs are:

Intel i5 750
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Asus 9800GT 1GB VC
160GB + 500GB SATA II HD's
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

So my next question is, are there any trick to a fresh install of FS9 when using Windows 7? The 160GB drive with be for the operating system, and the other drive for everything else (inc. FS9). I have read that with Windows 7 you should install FS9 to a location outside of the Program Files folder (eg C:/FS9/...), especially when using things like ASV6 etc. Is this the way to go?

The only other main add-on I will have is Vista Australis (and VOZ traffic), so there may be issues with net framework (Windows 7 comes with 3.?, and was was developed based on 1.?, I think?). There will also be the usual plethora of add-on aircraft.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone has any experience with this kind of setup and how it works for them.
Cheers :ernae:
Az

edmoore235
February 13th, 2010, 07:25
Just updated my computer wiith Windows 7 Ultimate with 64 Bit. FS2004 with patch 9.1.
Installed FS2004 fresh install. Installed FS2004 - pathed as C:\ACOF\Microsoft Games\Fllight Simulator 9 - seems good to me.

Have Abacus EZ-Scenery and EZ-Landmark working fine. FSNavigator v4.7, FSUIPC v3.85. Misty Fjords, Tongrass Fjords, Emma Field, Lago Sound enhancement, FS Cargo and FS Passengers. SO far so good. Only odd thing with my install is adding scenery is a crap shoot - before it was very easy now it may take multiple attempts before new scenery is added (so far it all does install but it may take ten or more trys).

Scenery: Operation Vlkyrie, Bugatti Adventures, Captain Keith’s Scenery Adventure Packs, Alaska Lighthouses 04.

Hardware is : Hard drive Western Digital Sata 1 TB , Memory (PC2-6400) 8 gigs (2 4 GIG modules), Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Intel motherboard DG41TY. Nvidia GT 9800 Video, DVD Blu-ray reader, DVD Read/Write and a Utra 700 watt PS.

PAYWARE: aircraft installed to date: Bu-181 Bestmann, DC-2, Bellanca, Lago DHC-6, MAAM-Sim C47, Junkers 33/34, Travel A8r 6000, Sirus, Tailwind, Air Express, and Epic LT.
Flights: CKAP1,2,3, Greenland Ports and Docks V.2, Bugatti flight adventures, Southern Cross, Travel Air, Tongrass Remote flights, FSADDON flights, and Clutch Cargo FLTs.

All default aircraft plus FSDB Electra L10a and GA C46.

Only problem is with one Abacus DataBase for EZ-Landmark (16 Bit DB ugh!). Good luck.

Ed

Z-claudius24
February 13th, 2010, 13:05
Hi,

The only other main add-on I will have is Vista Australis (and VOZ traffic), so there may be issues with net framework (Windows 7 comes with 3.?, and was was developed based on 1.?, I think?).

Can speak for VOZ and M$ Framework (exellent complete scenery)
It's not a problem as you can install beside Framework 3.0 any other Framework versions (1 and 2) as they work on their own...
The applications who need Framework for run will pick the version they need :)