PDA

View Full Version : New free Demo to consider

Sedr37
February 12th, 2010, 02:17
Just a HU, got the newsletter - Captain Sim released free demo for their Boeing 767. I haven't installed it because I already have the bird, but guess those who don't may be interested http://www.captainsim.com/products/b767/demo.html

SirBenn21
February 12th, 2010, 02:20
To many things disabled in the demo to even bother installing it IMHO. :kilroy:

Ben

deimos256
February 12th, 2010, 05:06
Too many bugs in the full version to even bother with the demo. I got it during their sale, and it's great, when it works like it should, which for me, isn't very often. The fmc will calculate a descent for me and when I hit execute, it just reverts all the Alts back to my cruise. Trying to manually edit the legs doesn't work either, the fmc never makes a t/d point and vnav won't recognize lower alts in legs.

Lateral-G
February 12th, 2010, 07:47
I rarely bother with demos. Too often it's severely limited in what it'll do. it just clutters up the sim and the system.

Besides the 767 isn't my cup 'o tea anyway.

-G-

Lionheart
February 12th, 2010, 07:54
Thanks for the heads up Sedr.

:ernae:

Bill

Bjoern
February 12th, 2010, 10:33
To many things disabled in the demo to even bother installing it IMHO. :kilroy:

That.

anthony31
February 12th, 2010, 15:35
The 757 demo had no systems and you couldn't turn the aircraft. Pretty much useless. Here's what the 767 demo doesn't do:

No Extensive Systems Programming (ADI, HSI, EICAS displays inop)
• No Flight Management System, CDU inop
• Hundreds of Custom Animations inop
• No Flight Model (flight controls locked in the Demo)
• No Custom system sounds and crew voice messages
• No Exclusive visual Effects
• No Wing Flex
• No Wing Flaps Vortices
• Animation Control Panel inop
• No Authentic Sound Set (alias to default 737 sounds in the Demo)
• No Weather Radar
• No Aeronautical Data and Terminal Procedures
• No Repaint Kit

Stuff like the sounds and wing flex and weather radar I can live without in a demo but no flight controls and no instruments? What's the point?

Just Flight and Abacus sometime have 30 day demos which always you to evaluate the flight dynamics and FPS performance on your system.

Sedr37
February 15th, 2010, 03:46
Stuff like the sounds and wing flex and weather radar I can live without in a demo but no flight controls and no instruments? What's the point?

But you may check how the 767 looks, see the details etc. Guess it is better than nothing.