PDA

View Full Version : Trees

bobhegf
February 9th, 2010, 22:28
Does anyone know who made thies trees? I need the info for the readme to the cactus missions.Can`t get the pic to upload. How does it work

leroy10
February 9th, 2010, 23:09
Hi bobhegf,

What's the name of the tree? That night help identify the designer.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

bobhegf
February 10th, 2010, 11:18
Lero10, the tree I am looking fore is labled as Generic tree large #6 in a group of trees labled Generig trees.I think Wolfi did them but I am not sure.I sure wish I could get a pic of the tree uploaded to this post.

Jean Bomber
February 10th, 2010, 11:42
Hi bobhegf,

What's the name of the tree? That night help identify the designer.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

Night is always good to get advices .....http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif
Bob, I also use some LDW_generic_x_xxx trees,one called LDW_generic_6_lrg in MB... ????... I've downloaded the zips here :
http://mask-rider.com/
The designer seems to be Lynsday xxxx.....:kilroy:.....What ....????

JP

Dirtman
February 10th, 2010, 11:49
Yo Bob;

I think they are in the Lindsay Watts LWD Trees package:

LDW_generic_6_sml
LDW_generic_6_med
LDW_generic_6_lg

If you need it, PM me your email and I'll zip & ship it to ya.

bobhegf
February 10th, 2010, 18:43
Dirtman, I think you are right.I think when I opened the file LWD Trees there were two files one was a 256x256 bitmap and the other I think was 555 or 56 not sure. I pulled down and installed the 256 bitmap one and this is what I found in my middle names file and this is the way the file reades."LDW_generic_tree_6_lrg"=Generic Tree 6 lrg.Now in the MB it only reads Generic Tree 6 lrg.

leroy10
February 10th, 2010, 21:52
Hi Bob,

Yep it sounds like one of my trees alright.

The only difference between the 256 and 512 textures is the file size and quality. The 256’s are smaller with less detail to aid in saving FPS for users with low end machines. If you even a half decent computer you should use the 512 set.

Cheers:ernae:
Lindsay

bobhegf
February 10th, 2010, 22:55
I am still running win98se on an 8 year old pc.I have with the 256bitmaps been able to make Guadalcanal look more like What it really looked like in 1942. I have been able to add over 1000+ trees and still, even with other infrastructer and using the CFS2 GSL program, hold my frame rates at around 20 to 30 FPS most of the time.I love that tree and wish we had more of them as well as other infrstructer in a 256 format. I sure could use a nice palm with alarge top that cavers a large area with tall grass at the bottem in a256x256 format. I could really make CFS2 look good.The 256x256 trees do the job and do it well.Thanks. I am going to just as soon as we can upload,upload the scenery and the GSL along with the missions flown Aug 22 42 to OCT 3 42. On or about OCT 4or 5th VMF 223 was told to stand down and wait for trasport back to the states.Thy left the area on OCT 9to the 11th.

Dirtman
February 11th, 2010, 04:18
Dirtman, I think you are right.I think when I opened the file LWD Trees there were two files one was a 256x256 bitmap and the other I think was 555 or 56 not sure. I pulled down and installed the 256 bitmap one and this is what I found in my middle names file and this is the way the file reades."LDW_generic_tree_6_lrg"=Generic Tree 6 lrg.Now in the MB it only reads Generic Tree 6 lrg.

You are very welcome Bob; but Jean Bomber shares the credit here as he & I figured this out at about the same time .... and he posted first ... must be "time-zone" thing! :icon_lol:

And thanks to YOU & Lindsay for helping ME! :isadizzy:

OK ... let me elaborate: Last weekend I upgraded my vid card from an Nvidia 6600 256MB DDR to an Nvidia 7300 512MB DDR2.
I had previously been using the 256 textures but totally forgot about the 512 textures!!

CFS2 has NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD!!!

Isn't it GREAT when people work together for the common good ..... EVERYONE WINS!!!

bobhegf
February 11th, 2010, 06:16
I am going to try to get the pic of the trees up again.I still can`t get the pic to opload.I give up.I can`t figure out how to upload a picture from my desktop.