PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Yak-3 or a Yak-9?

Deckard
February 9th, 2010, 13:42
I took this photograph at the Paris Air Show 2009, but I'm not sure to remember what the commentator said. I know that the Normandie-Niemen Group have used both the Yak-9 and the Yak-3, and I'm not sure which of these is this one. I know many of you here are warbird experts, so could someone tell me if this is a Yak-3 or a Yak-9 (I would go for the Yak-3), and how you can tell the difference?

Deckard
February 9th, 2010, 13:45
Oops, it seems my attachment doesn't work :(

Deckard
February 9th, 2010, 13:52
Ok, I just went to the Paris Air Show Web site, and they say it was a Yak-3... I should have done that before :d

Rami
February 9th, 2010, 16:11
Deckard,

Yes. Thicko did a wonderful series of Yakovlev fighters...

The Yakovlev Yak-1, Yak-7, and Yak-9.

The Yak-3 is from Captain Sim, converted to CFS2.

You can find that here...http://www.captainsim.com/products/y003/

Deckard
February 10th, 2010, 04:50
Thank you Rami :)
I already have Thicko's Yak-9P, but not installed yet. As for the gorgeous FS2004 Yak-3 from Captain Sim, I lack knowledge and I don't know how to convert it to CFS2 if I buy it. How do you do this?

Rami
February 10th, 2010, 06:29
Deckard,

You'd use Ivan Hsu's model converter to convert the model, and then you'd have to convert the airfile, add exhaust effects, and create a damage profile (.dp)

Once you do, she's a gem to fly, though her usefulness in missions is marginal because she isn't multi-lod. But there are ways around that...