PDA

View Full Version : SibWings FSX Saab Safir Released

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2008, 16:54
http://www.sibwings.com/safirx.php

MCDesigns
November 4th, 2008, 17:36
Looks pretty sweet! I always thought about getting the FS9 version, but never did.

How is the performance in the sim?

pernik
November 4th, 2008, 19:35
Wow it's a free upgrade for owners of the FS9 version :mixedsmi:

S
November 4th, 2008, 19:38
They are gracious little planes to see fly in real life. This looks good but for now I'll wait on reports of other users I think.

ColoKent
November 4th, 2008, 19:56
Now they can get their stunning L-19 done!!!!

Kent :wiggle:

glennc
November 4th, 2008, 20:17
Just a quick impression: I got the upgrade. If you flew the FS9 version, it will feel very familiar. Stalls are very twitchy - this isn't a Cessna. Be careful in the flair. Ground effect is very pronounced. While I've never even seen a real one, my guess is it flies true to the original. In my machine, at Plum Island and Dillingham, no frame rate issues. I didn't run numbers but it feels good. While I can't call it beautiful, but it is very well done. The only thing I found as an issue is nothing new - no avionics master so the GPS pop-up doesn't light up.

Glenn

jetstreamsky
November 4th, 2008, 20:29
Fabulous, this was the simply the best model in FS9, and to offer a free FSX version to fs9 version owners is just outstanding. :applause::applause::applause::ernae:

jetstreamsky
November 4th, 2008, 20:50
Just did a quick circuit at Lilydale in Oz, flies just beautiful, great visibility with a military style, super sounds and frame rates are good on my old P4 cpu.

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2008, 21:28
Just did a quick circuit at Lilydale in Oz, flies just beautiful, great visibility with a military style, super sounds and frame rates are good on my old P4 cpu.

Yes.
They've done an outstanding job at keeping FPS great on mid to marginal systems and yet the detail is still excellent!

Epsillon
November 4th, 2008, 21:37
Great great great news!
This plane was in my top 5 in FS9 and this free upgrade is just a fabulous gift !
If you flew it in FS9, you won't be disapointed. The plane flies very well and the framerate is excellent (much better than the BushHawk but this not a remarkable performance :costumes:). Textures are more crispy (probably due to FSX graphic engine), gauges are fluid and lights in the cockpit are much better.

I flew it only 10 minutes but I can affirm that the magic is back!:medals:

GREAT JOB SIBWINGS and thanks for the free upgrade! :ernae:

Best regards,

Stephan

Bandit
November 4th, 2008, 22:19
I love this bird!! :wiggle:

jankees
November 4th, 2008, 22:27
Great, one of my alltime favorite FS9 aircraft in FSX! I was missing it already! I've done a few repaints for it already, let's see if we can do more!

edit: and the old repaints work as well as you can see:

S
November 5th, 2008, 02:09
Anyone willing to paint this one?

http://www.airshowaction.com/lwdn06/lwd_025.jpg

Grr...already I'm finding myself once again staring at my credit card. That one purchase a month restriction that I laid upon myself is already being challenged. :redf: :icon_lol:

Epsillon
November 5th, 2008, 02:48
Anyone willing to paint this one?

http://www.airshowaction.com/lwdn06/lwd_025.jpg

Grr...already I'm finding myself once again staring at my credit card. That one purchase a month restriction that I laid upon myself is already being challenged. :redf: :icon_lol:
PH-RLA is already available on Sibwings.com.

http://www.sibwings.com/freeware.php

Best regards,

Stephan

Ferry_vO
November 5th, 2008, 03:07
Didn't expect this one! Nice job!!

:applause:

S
November 5th, 2008, 03:40
Cool...hm ok..aargh. Poor me.:isadizzy:

Roger
November 5th, 2008, 03:56
Wonderful and great that it's free to owners of the Fs9 version!:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/safir-1.jpg

JT8D-9A
November 5th, 2008, 04:05
It looks fantastic. Seems the best things are coming unexpected:wavey:

hinch
November 5th, 2008, 04:21
Perfect for my new FSX installation! I have 60 hours or so in the FS9 Safir,it's just a brilliant product.

Roger
November 5th, 2008, 04:25
Nice to see they've mastered the art of the nav lights being visible from all angles in Dx10 mode:ernae: Jan Kees' Fs9 paint:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/safir-2.jpg

Panther_99FS
November 5th, 2008, 05:03
The plane flies very well and the framerate is excellent (much better than the BushHawk but this not a remarkable performance :costumes:).
Best regards,
Stephan

Yes,
As much as I like Aerosoft, I have to say that Aerosoft could learn a thing or 2 here on how to make a product detailed yet FPS efficient in FSX....:kilroy:

That being said,
We might also be seeing the ultimate piracy protection system here too...:cost1:

txnetcop
November 5th, 2008, 06:14
Yes,
As much as I like Aerosoft, I have to say that Aerosoft could learn a thing or 2 here on how to make a product detailed yet FPS efficient in FSX....:kilroy:

That being said,
We might also be seeing the ultimate piracy protection system here too...:cost1:

STOP IT STOP IT...if I buy one more plane I will have to buy more hardware and the cycle never ends...OK ya talked me into it:jump::jump::jump:
Ted

mike_cyul
November 5th, 2008, 07:03
Yes,

To date that has been the realm of the Level-D 767, which, Flight1 has told me, has never been cracked.

Of course, if the SAAB has done it too, bravo!

Mike

gajit
November 5th, 2008, 08:38
Yes,

Very well said Panther :applause:

Nick C
November 5th, 2008, 08:56
Whoa I missed this release!!!

Thanks for the link P.

:applause::applause::applause:

gajit
November 5th, 2008, 09:29
Just downloaded it - every bit as good as the FS9 version but better.

I see that some of us are suffering from a CTD if we change aircraft with the engine running but I'm sure they will fix.

Thanks again SibWings for making it a free upgrade :applause::applause:

calypsos
November 5th, 2008, 09:44
Great news that she is free for FS9 customers, now if only I could remember where I saved my activation key:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nick C
November 5th, 2008, 09:59
Currently downloading at 9.4kbs :sleep:

Roger
November 5th, 2008, 10:23
Currently downloading at 9.4kbs :sleep:

Mine was so slow (phone-line ADSL) that I suspected a problem with my router or service provider. Turned the wi-fi router off and on then rebooted my pc and got a download at 700 kbs. Maybe just a coincidence?

hinch
November 5th, 2008, 10:47
My copy wizzed down my phone line at 90KB/s not long ago, maybe the server fluctuates.

I can't wait to try it.

Roger
November 5th, 2008, 13:14
Another Jan Kees Fs9 paint...(upped the alpha a little:d)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/safir-3.jpg

stiz
November 5th, 2008, 13:27
theres nothing worse than a slow download :frown:

Nick C
November 5th, 2008, 13:52
Great shot Roger and a superb repaint Jan!

Aside from the issues with her crashing, I have to say it's great to have her back in FSX :applause:

calypsos
November 5th, 2008, 23:26
I contacted Sibwings via the website link (with my purchase date and e-mail) and in an hour or so was given a new link for the FSX version. What a supurb customer service that matches the quality of thier products!!
:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

IanP
November 6th, 2008, 01:33
Apart from a bit of entertainment that it was Sharon who bought that one for me, thus very quickly explaining why I couldn't find the e-mail, I had it installed and activated easily...

...I then had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work, but thanks SibWings! :applause:

Only flown it for 0.54hrs so far, but loving it again already. :d

Ian P.

doublecool
November 6th, 2008, 02:52
What a beauty of a plane / planes
Free upgrade to previous owners:jump:
Fs9 paints work

A BIG Thank YOU TO SIBWING,

Thanks Roger for the fine shots of Jan Kees' repaints...just Brilliant :kilroy:

And to Panther Thanks for the Heads up

:applause::applause::applause: :ernae:

stiz
November 6th, 2008, 10:44
does anyone elses make FSX crash when useing the menus? like switching plane, time of day, scenery settings etc??

Gdavis101
November 6th, 2008, 10:55
I have been waiting with baited breath for this one, I absolutely loved the one in FS9. Now that my email provider is back up I can request my copy!

falcon409
November 6th, 2008, 14:21
does anyone elses make FSX crash when useing the menus? like switching plane, time of day, scenery settings etc??
Nope, works fine, no matter what function I apply.

gajit
November 6th, 2008, 14:42

Yes - lots of us do and its reported on the Aerosoft forum :mixedsmi:

Roger
November 7th, 2008, 06:42
:wiggle: Yes I do Like shiny:jump:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/safir-4.jpg

jankees
November 9th, 2008, 00:52
I'm really fond of the FTX scenery for Australia, which is best enjoyed low and slow..what better aircraft to do this with than the Safir??
All that was missing was an Australian Safir, to give it a feeling of authenticity. So....here are my first shots of VH-BQK (former SE-BYZ) more or less as she looked in the '50's. What do you think?
The third shot was made using a new exterior viewpoint I made for the Safir. I like this view when flying really low..
I've also upgraded my ZU-DES repaint to 2048 textures, so that I can at last see some of the details that I put in the first time. If anybody likes it, I can upload that as well.

Peritas
November 9th, 2008, 03:40
Yes, yes, yes........ :jump::jump::jump:

doublecool
November 9th, 2008, 05:15
Jankees, is your FSX Crashing every time you change planes with these models?

jankees
November 9th, 2008, 05:25
Jankees, is your FSX Crashing every time you change planes with these models?

No, everything works just fine, I switch constantly to check new texture files, no problem..

doublecool
November 9th, 2008, 06:06
See at their forum they will be fixing this issue _ _ _ _ makes it almost unflyable with a crash of the sim...Love your paint Jankees the update for this paint would be great... got all your paints loaded the sim just crashs every time I change to a different paint :banghead::costumes:

jankees
November 9th, 2008, 08:55
Here's my new viewpoint:

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Left Wing Root"
Guid = {59181B43-9231-4fb0-8FF7-FB4318532141}
Description = View from the left wing tip looking at the cockpit
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -2.0, 0.3, -4.0
InitialPbh = 5, 0, 7
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = True
ClipMode=Minimum

edit: let me know what you think, do you want the other textures in 2048 too, or do you say don't bother...
I did it for the Safir as it has just two texture files, I tried it with the B-24, but with 9 files...well, you can imagine..

and these are uploaded:

Roger
November 9th, 2008, 14:17
Very nice Jankees...2048 x2048

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/safir-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/safir-6.jpg

doublecool
November 9th, 2008, 15:11
I keep crashing every time I change paints / plane with this:kilroy:...Hmm got the plane but this is not fun...I dont know how good it is for FSX either:banghead::isadizzy:

Roger
November 9th, 2008, 15:13
I keep crashing every time I change paints / plane with this:kilroy:...Hmm got the plane but this is not fun...I dont know how good it is for FSX either:banghead::isadizzy:

I'm not experiencing any problems so far...sorry to hear you're having issues.

stiz
November 9th, 2008, 15:26

to quote Alex over at their support forum about the crashes some people have:

"problem fixed.
Please wait FSX Safir update."

:jump:

hey_moe
November 9th, 2008, 15:30
Yeah buddy, I just sent them a email for the update...my email address has changed to Cox so I gotta wait for the update. She was sweet to fly in FS9 so me is looking forward to flying her in FSX.

Javis
November 9th, 2008, 15:53
I can personally vouch that the update WILL WORK PERFECTLY !! :jump:

I couldn't even get the model to show up, nothing but a system crash !

Now everything is fine !! One of the most amazing and innovative models i certainly have in FSX !! :applause::applause::applause:

Update is just around corner !!

Cheers,
Jan

doublecool
November 9th, 2008, 17:09
Thanks, good new from everyone:wavey:...lookin forward too it :kilroy:

hey_moe
November 10th, 2008, 01:56
Well I got a nice response from them and also the link...yepeeee! They were fast...also said >>>>>
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
I've seen this thread on your forum. Thanks!
We'll do our best to give you more new subjects for discussions;) <<<<<

Hey Roger are ya trying to show all of us up with them great shots :wavey:

doublecool
November 10th, 2008, 15:39
I can personally vouch that the update WILL WORK PERFECTLY !! :jump:

I couldn't even get the model to show up, nothing but a system crash !

Now everything is fine !! One of the most amazing and innovative models i certainly have in FSX !! :applause::applause::applause:

Update is just around corner !!

Cheers,
Jan

Javis, coming from you...money in the bank:applause: Thanks for the reply :ernae:

doublecool
November 11th, 2008, 13:21
By the way,,,Do they send it to me?

or is there a place to get it?

or do I request it?

Sorry, :kilroy: just not sure :costumes:

Javis
November 12th, 2008, 16:23
Keep checking this thread, doublecool
http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=474

If you don't wanna wait send an email to their support address. That's what i did... :d

cheers,
Jan

jankees
November 16th, 2008, 04:59
I've upgraded my Air France Safir repaints to 2048x2048 too. Is anybody interested in those, or do you think the difference is not worth it?
I now suffer from the CTD bug too...grrr. However, if I end the flight and then change, no problem. No update yet?

doublecool
November 16th, 2008, 08:33
Because of the crashing...I haven't even been flyin this beauty:banghead:, and have not added repaints but I'm looking forward to all of them Jankees:kilroy::applause::ernae:

Roger
November 16th, 2008, 09:45
I've upgraded my Air France Safir repaints to 2048x2048 too. Is anybody interested in those, or do you think the difference is not worth it?
I now suffer from the CTD bug too...grrr. However, if I end the flight and then change, no problem. No update yet?

Yes they're all worth doing Jan!
As Mathias told me, the trouble is that the line in the FsX.cfg:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

Should be:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

but every time you make any ajustments in the "display" menu the figure drops back to 1024. However the increased texture resolution makes 2048 textures look crisper even if the cfg figure has dropped back to 1024.

doublecool
November 18th, 2008, 14:57
Hmm....still no update released...:banghead: so I can fly this puppy :kilroy:

Andrey Tsvirenko
November 19th, 2008, 11:54
Hello doublecool, hello everyone,

I've been watching this topic sinse Safir released. :wavey:
I'm one of Sibwings developers, thanks for kind words about our work.

doublecool, it is crashing o descktop on your PC or it became invisible ?
Please sent me your e-mail via PM here or on our forum (http://forum.sibwings.com/index.php) We'll send you update to test.

Andrey

doublecool
November 19th, 2008, 14:18
Hello doublecool, hello everyone,

I've been watching this topic sinse Safir released. :wavey:
I'm one of Sibwings developers, thanks for kind words about our work.

doublecool, it is crashing o descktop on your PC or it became invisible ?
Please sent me your e-mail via PM here or on our forum (http://forum.sibwings.com/index.php) We'll send you update to test.

Andrey

Very Kind of Sibwing :applause:

Thank you Andrey :ernae:

DC

Panther_99FS
November 19th, 2008, 14:49
Thanks Andrey...:mixedsmi:

calypsos
November 20th, 2008, 00:16
Andrey sent me a fix yesterday by e-mail, it works a treat on my system, so hopefully it will be released ASAP. I can now swap all Safirs on the ground and even in the air without any CTD's.:applause::applause::applause:

Thoe6969
November 20th, 2008, 03:18
Andrey sent me a fix yesterday by e-mail, it works a treat on my system, so hopefully it will be released ASAP. I can now swap all Safirs on the ground and even in the air without any CTD's.:applause::applause::applause: I,m still waiting,hope they release that patch so soon.

doublecool
November 22nd, 2008, 07:06
UPDATED IS OUT...:jump::running::applause::ernae: