PDA

View Full Version : FSD P-38 battery and fuel switches....

Cleartheprop
February 4th, 2010, 14:51
Hello Everyone;
Am I the only one to have troubles with the fuel pump switches and Battery switch of the Flight Sim developpers P-38?
It seems that the battery switch and fuel pumps switches position are inverted in my P-38. When I switch the battery ON and fuel pumps ON, nothing happens; If I switch OFF the battery, and the fuel pumps OFF, the fuel pumps start and one can hear them. (depending on aircraft model)
Have you noticed such a thing?
I just reinstalled the airplane and the following happens:

P-38J CAMO : fuel pump switches work/battery switch inverted.
P-38J MARGE : fuel pump switches inverted/battery switch works.
P-38J HAPPY JACK : fuel pumps and battery switches inverted.
P-38J RESTORED : SWITCHES WORK NORMALLY
P-38J YIPPEE : Fuel pumps and battery switches inverted
P-38K TEST MULE : fuel pump switches inverted/battery switch works.
P-38L FACTORY FRESH: SWITCHES WORK NORMALLY
P-38L PUDGY: Fuel pumps and battery switches inverted

Thanks for your help!

Gibbage
February 4th, 2010, 15:04
That is very odd. There should be 0 reason for the texture to have any effect on the cockpit.

Cleartheprop
February 4th, 2010, 15:16
Thanks Kevin, You are right. I think the problem might come from a totally different reason ... but cannot figure out which one.

WillKGTF
February 4th, 2010, 21:02
I had exactly the same problem and haven't been able to figure out what was going on. I ended up sending the plane to the big recycle bin in the sky until, maybe someday, there is a solution.

Cleartheprop
February 5th, 2010, 00:11
Thanks! I am glad to know I am not the only one getting this.
I posted the same message on the FSD forum to get some help from the developers.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 5th, 2010, 05:45
Having gone through the series of aircraft on my rig i didnt see any of
the versions have the battery or fuel pump switches out of order.

There were a few possibilities that might account for this on another machine that came to mind ,
one was starting with a saved flight that had something off or on and switching to the P38 , another was using a keyboard shortcut will make many switches in this aircraft go out of sequence with the visual display, the majority of the systems were done without default code and as a result are not moving when one uses a shortcut but do operate with a mouse .
This setup is something i stopped programming into aircraft so people could use addon hardware but the P38 must have a hundred animations/systems of this type.

As to testing a solution try booting up a default Cessna and switching to the P38 , then see if all is in order . the other item would be to use the mouse to control the switches and see if that was the issue.

C.Jodry for FSD

WillKGTF
February 5th, 2010, 09:49
I did a completely new re-install--with no error messages along the way that would indicate any install problems--then started FSX with default plane being the stock C172 cold and dark (I always use this). I've tried different aircraft, but with no improvement.

I then went to the FSD P-38 and.......exact same problem with battery and fuel pump switches. And I always use the mouse to operate the switches.

If people aren't starting the engines manually, then they may not be noticing the problem, so I am wondering how prevalent this situation really is.

Since the developers do not have this problem, then I must ask what they are using as far as default aircraft for FSX prior to switching to the P38?

Cleartheprop
February 5th, 2010, 10:00
I did a completely new re-install--with no error messages along the way that would indicate any install problems--then started FSX with default plane being the stock C172 cold and dark (I always use this). I've tried different aircraft, but with no improvement.

I then went to the FSD P-38 and.......exact same problem with battery and fuel pump switches. And I always use the mouse to operate the switches.

If people aren't starting the engines manually, then they may not be noticing the problem, so I am wondering how prevalent this situation really is.

Since the developers do not have this problem, then I must ask what they are using as far as default aircraft for FSX prior to switching to the P38?

I did exactly the same thing here.
I guess most people use the magic Ctrl-E to start the engines and dont even notice the problem.
I planned to make some "test flight" videos with the FSD P-38 but I must be able to show the proper start sequence. And I am not for now.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 5th, 2010, 11:10
The solution may be to start from a normal running state and then shut down the systems in the P38 and save that state , the start up sequence is not the same as a 182 and it may be the shutdown isnt as well, perhaps worth a try .

WillKGTF
February 5th, 2010, 11:29
I had an idea and decided to switch the default aircraft to the FSX C172 with engine running, after I previously started the engine with control+E.

I then re-installed the p38 and started FSX, and then loaded the p38 (jack's go buggy) with the engines running. I shut this p38's engines and everything else off to achieve a cold and dark state manually, and noticed that the battery and fuel pump seemed to work properly. I started and restarted the engines several times and everything was working OK.

However....when I saved this p38 with this cold and dark state-- with everything working properly-- as the default aircraft and went back to it after re-starting FSX, battery and fuel pump switches no worky, P38 naughty, me pissy.

I banished it to the recycle bin once again. This time I think forever.

Cleartheprop
February 5th, 2010, 11:42
I had an idea and decided to switch the default aircraft to the FSX C172 with engine running, after I previously started the engine with control+E.

I then re-installed the p38 and started FSX, and then loaded the p38 (jack's go buggy) with the engines running. I shut this p38's engines and everything else off to achieve a cold and dark state manually, and noticed that the battery and fuel pump seemed to work properly. I started and restarted the engines several times and everything was working OK.

However....when I saved this p38 with this cold and dark state-- with everything working properly-- as the default aircraft and went back to it after re-starting FSX, battery and fuel pump switches no worky, P38 naughty, me pissy.

I banished it to the recycle bin once again. This time I think forever.

sad ending..! I keep mine in my hangar and will keep using the 2 that work properly....
Thanks for your feedback anyways. :ernae:

ToniJH
February 7th, 2010, 09:48
Well guys, i have totally same problem with FSD Commander, i cannot make successful load in FSX, when i save Commander to be Cold&Dark state and default flight.

I allways need to load other plane with engines running and then change to Commander and all works, but when i make default Cold&Dark flight for Commander, FSX crashes and says FSDCommander.dll is Faulty file.

So this is glad to hear that im not only one who have the same issues.

Cleartheprop
February 8th, 2010, 04:50
IT WORKS!
I have been trying many things lately and eventually got it right!.
I saved a flight using the camo P-38 (P-38 flight.FLT) and edited this file with a text editor. I just changed the following :
[Systems.0]
BatterySwitch=true
StructuralDeiceSwitch=False
PropDeiceSwitch=False
Autobrakes=0
StandbyVacuum=False
PropSync=False
AutoFeatherSwitch=False
FlightDirector=False
PanelLights=False
LaunchBarSwitch=False
LaunchBarState=0
TailhookHandle=False
TailhookState=0
FoldingWingsHandle=False
FoldingWingsState=0, 0

then I saved the file (P-38 flight.FLT) as F:\Flight Simulator X\Flights\other\FLTSIM.FLT (default flight for FSX) after backing up the original file.
I restarted FSX several times and the battery and fuel pumps switches work properly now.
Hope I have been clear and it'll work for you... :ernae:

WillKGTF
February 8th, 2010, 18:12
MirageIII2009 IT WORKS!
I have been trying many things lately and eventually got it right!.
I saved a flight using the camo P-38 (P-38 flight.FLT) and edited this file with a text editor. I just changed the following :
[Systems.0]
BatterySwitch=true
StructuralDeiceSwitch=False
PropDeiceSwitch=False
Autobrakes=0
StandbyVacuum=False
PropSync=False
AutoFeatherSwitch=False
FlightDirector=False
PanelLights=False
LaunchBarSwitch=False
LaunchBarState=0
TailhookHandle=False
TailhookState=0
FoldingWingsHandle=False
FoldingWingsState=0, 0NICE WORK! I gave it a try and everything is good. Two thumbs up!<label for="rb_iconid_14">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif</label>

Cleartheprop
February 8th, 2010, 23:02
Glad to hear that Will!
Enjoy your Cold and Dark P-38 ! :ernae: