PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM F-102 Delta Dagger

1970LT1
February 3rd, 2010, 16:51
Does anybody have this aircraft? If so, would you recommend it?

Regards,

LT1

Old Crow
February 3rd, 2010, 17:25
ABSOLUTELY !!!
I have the Alphasim F-106 "Which is a must if you like Delta Wing Aircraft" and when I saw the Razbam 102, I held off thinking that I only needed the 106. I have since gotten the 102 and was truly amazed at how much different it is from the 106. I love the Razbam F-102 and whole heartedly recommend it. :applause:

Boomer
February 3rd, 2010, 18:30
Its a great aircraft!

Good to look at, easy on frames & a joy yet challenge to fly.

falcon409
February 3rd, 2010, 18:41
Does anybody have this aircraft? If so, would you recommend it? Regards,
LT1
Keep in mind that on final approach you'll have a windscreen brace right in the center which obliterates the rwy until you're almost on top of it. If you have TrackIR, you can look around it to keep your alignment, otherwise you have that to consider.

DaveQ
February 4th, 2010, 02:50
Yes it's great! Some of the texture sets could be better so (at the risk of being accused of self-publicity) I did a few re-works; they're 2048 x 2048 for FSX and available here (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139197) at Flightsim.com.

Regards

DaveQ

peter12213
February 4th, 2010, 04:01
It is certainly a nice model which I have, however I do not have many hours on it as I do find it very hard to fly, its certainly not one for hard manouvering, as Falcon said it is also hard to land due to the view from the cockpit, however the model and VC are lovely and if this type of aircraft floats your boat then definately go for it, however I also highly reccomend the F106 from Alphasim out of the two the Alphasim one is probably my favourite and has the better frames, although Razbam also generally have excellent frame rates also! You won't be disappointed either way hope this helps mate! :salute:

ColoKent
February 4th, 2010, 05:34
....and my only problem with it (other than what has already been mentioned) is that I believe the visual model always having the IR ball extended is not correct. Most of the time, it is retracted and out of sight (unless I missed something about being able to retract it).

Kent

dharris
February 4th, 2010, 06:07
I have had it for a couple of months and put it in my unused hangar. Textures not the best flight model is ok but I would pass on it now

raptor19
February 4th, 2010, 11:43
It is very nice and if you want a Delta Dagger then go for it. I have both this and the Alphasim Delta Dart which is also nice but which I find nore difficult to fly. Must get DaveQ's textures sometime soon. Like all deltas you will find low speed handling more difficult but with fast jets then apart from landing I never fly slow anyway LOL:icon_lol::icon_lol: .

JohnN (raptor19)

dhazelgrove
February 4th, 2010, 12:28
Landing this beast helps you discover what shirt-tails are for.....
A definite "must-have".

Dave

Gibbage
February 4th, 2010, 12:40
....and my only problem with it (other than what has already been mentioned) is that I believe the visual model always having the IR ball extended is not correct. Most of the time, it is retracted and out of sight (unless I missed something about being able to retract it).

Kent

I never saw any photo's of it retracted. The mount looks rather beefy and solid too me.

ColoKent
February 4th, 2010, 12:49
....cause about 80% of the pictures I see show it retracted. Huh....ah well, no biggie.

Kent

1970LT1
February 4th, 2010, 13:21
Thanks guys! I have the Alpha F-106, F-105, F-104, and F-101 so I want this one to complete my Century Series. I think I'll get it!

Regards,

LT1