PDA

View Full Version : multiple players question

muddobber
February 2nd, 2010, 16:40
Hello to all;
Can both me and my son play cfs2 simultaneously (conjure-up a mission in mission builder and fly it together)? I have two towers,two joysticks, aside from another monitor what else would be required? If doing this is not possible whats the next best thing? and how do I do it? Thanks

leroy10
February 2nd, 2010, 18:05
Hi Muddobber,

I'm no expert in the area but it should be relatively easy. Firstly you'll need CFS2 installed on both systems then host an IP game and have your son join or vice versa

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

Shadow Wolf 07
February 3rd, 2010, 04:01
to run a misssion, you'll need to use some sort of mission swap utility. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you. Remember that in multiplayer you cannot combine or "co-op" damage on a target. If you sink a ship or destroy a plane or hangar, the other player will still see it as intact until he destroys it. Also AI aircraft ships and any moving object or events, triggered by an action don't work well in multiplayer and you cannot use bombs, torpedoes and rockets in multiplayer either. Multiplayer for CFS2 was designed primarily for dogfighting.

Cheers:
SW

muddobber
February 3rd, 2010, 14:29
Thanks to all; My E-mail xxxxxxxxxxxx I have no idea what a PM is......... Sorry, I'm computer challenged. Would what I'm wanting to do work better with cfs3? I have both. Hey SW were you one of those individuals who jumped out of perfectly good aircraft? Just wondering, my dad made four combat jumps with the eighty-deuce during the big one. I was with 7th special forces in the seventies. Thanks for the help. Airborne!! The forum won't let me publish my e-mail because I only have 2 posts.