PDA

View Full Version : Missing in MiG Alley

Eoraptor1
November 4th, 2008, 09:45
Tonight (Tues Nov. 4) on PBS at 8PM EST. Nova: "Missing in MiG Alley". Air times vary from region to region so check your local listings or the PBS home page.

JAMES

Jagdflieger
November 4th, 2008, 13:33
Thanks for the heads up James. I'll be home just in time to see it.

Jagdflieger
November 5th, 2008, 13:39
I missed it. Was it any good?

Eoraptor1
November 5th, 2008, 18:10
If your PBS affiliate is like mine, it'll be on again, probably late night, later this week. You should check your local tv listings, so as to set your TiVO or VCR. There was quite a bit in the show about Russian involvement in the Korean air war that I didn't know - according to the program, the US government knew the USAAF was frequently facing Soviet pilots, but both sides kept it quiet because neither wanted to blow things up into World War III -and I had no idea there were still downed US pilots unaccounted for. They also go into the design principles of the MiG-15 and Sabre. A lot of this (especially the section on engine design) was covered in Warplane but more attention is given to the specific tactical and political considerations of the Korean Theater. I liked it.

JAMES

Tango_Romeo
November 5th, 2008, 19:17
.....on PBS. Next showing is 4-5AM CST Thursday morning. :kilroy:

Fibber
November 6th, 2008, 05:20
The local PBS station here in the NE area was also running a program, at the same time(bummer) concerning Medal of Honor recipients. They took one recipient from each of three wars and told their story.
Unfortunately :censored: , I missed it! I was watching the "Missing" program, which turned out to be repeated later that night, and found that the M.O H. program had been on only when I looked at the schedule again with my reading glasses on! I had thought that they were back to back on different channels.:banghead:

Just watch for it in your area.