PDA

View Full Version : mission problems and questions

tonybones2112
February 2nd, 2010, 00:04
I got Kelticheart's Beaufighter torpedo mission. It's simple, only a .mis and .dyn file. When I put them in the CFS2 mission folder the mission still will not show up. What did I do wrong?

I'm a bit confused on the aircraft too. The blurb says the plane, a Beau MkX is on page six at Simviation CFS2 plane downloads. There is no MkX, there is a Mk21 and skins for a MkX on page six. I also need the .dp file to make the torp show up.

Another problem is I have a mission for night interception using the He-219 against Lancasters. The bombers break up into a dogfighting melee which is not true to Bomber Command(or 8th AF daylight) tactics. Bombers maintained a strict formation of safety in numbers, each plane being covered by the guns of his fellows, not dogfighting like Mustangs. My wingmen also attack as if a day interception. Nightfighter tactics was to creep in on a straggler, blast for all it's worth and then get the hell out before setting up another attack. Can this mission be modified to give more realistic play? Can I cut the wingmen out because they get more in the way than anything?

Thanks

Bones