PDA

View Full Version : Tulagi Uploaded

Jagdflieger
November 4th, 2008, 08:47
Dog1 has uploaded his Tulagi seaplane base and it is ready for downloading. Looks like it has already had quite a few downloads. This is a nice piece of scenery that will compliment Guadalcanal scenery as the to bases were very close geographically as well as strategically.

langereis
November 4th, 2008, 10:37
Dog1/Jagdflieger,

Thank you for the new scenery!:applause:
The document "PDF GSL Design Tools & Techniques" is supplied as a hyperlink only.
I can't open the document, so I don't know how to instal the scenery.
Could you send the whole document?

dog1
November 4th, 2008, 18:37
Do you have Adobe installed? try downloading directly the kit from....

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/
go to developers corner and send him a request by email.

dog1 (http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/)
if all fails pm me your email

Captain Tenneal
November 4th, 2008, 22:05
Dog1

Nice Tulagi!! TYVM

Hey I have downloaded all of the lib objects from the readme but I'm getting a few "can't find" when in site of Tulagi.

inf_xb_pier10w
inf_xb_pier10w_ramp
wf_wpier_lb
xtent_a
xtent_ab
xtent_bb
wf_asn_house_01
wf_wpier_1a

dog1
November 5th, 2008, 03:13
these are the XAVIER pier set and hangar and tent set available here at the outhouse.The Wolfi house and pier you mention are in set 6.Will ammend immediatly read me and thanks for heads up,
dog1

Skipsan
November 5th, 2008, 03:43
Very, very nice job:applause: Having problem with the "Read Me" when opened all that I get is computer speak. So I haven't the foggiest at what you are saying:banghead:

HELP
Skipsan:kilroy:

dog1
November 5th, 2008, 03:52
skipspan
I have'nt got the foggiest idea,included is WORD format read me.
dog1

Skipsan
November 5th, 2008, 05:17
Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't know either so lets try this; there is no GLS file. So do I construct one from the kit you proved? And install the new .gsl file in cfs2_GSL? That is my best guess with all the date you have provided.

Most of all I personally want to Thank you for all your hard work on this project:applause::applause::applause: CFS2 does not have enough Seaplane Bases people forget that at the outset of the war there were almost no airfields/airports outside of very major city's. And if one was to fly the world seaplane was the only way to go.

Sincerely

Captain Tenneal
November 5th, 2008, 06:12
skipspan
I have'nt got the foggiest idea,included is WORD format read me.
dog1

Just to help.

The readme file is .docx file witch is word 2003 and above from what I gather I have office 2000 I downloaded a word .docx reader from microsoft.

Jagdflieger
November 5th, 2008, 11:25
I can't open it either and I have Word 2003.

Dog1 is preparing a fix and the Librarian will post it as soon as he has it.

I've always found that MS Wordpad or Notepad files make the best readme files as almost all computer's with any year Window's OS can read them.

Captain Tenneal
November 5th, 2008, 13:29
I can't open it either and I have Word 2003.

Dog1 is preparing a fix and the Librarian will post it as soon as he has it.

I've always found that MS Wordpad or Notepad files make the best readme files as almost all computer's with any year Window's OS can read them.

The only reason I said Word 2003 is because i could swear I saw that in the MS download jargin,, maybe I was wrong :banghead:

the file I downloaded from MS is called wordview_en-us.exe (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3657CE88-7CFA-457A-9AEC-F4F827F20CAC&displaylang=en)

dog1
November 5th, 2008, 15:13
the read me is microsoft office 2007 word.I requested yesterday a password to reupload, i received the first verification for spaming and confirmation but then no password came forward so i have repeated my request this morning
dog1

pawport
November 5th, 2008, 16:04
Just did a "short" recon from Henderson. Base looks great.:ernae:

I still have a little problem with "xtent" objects as Cpt.T above, but have to admit...didn't look into readme yet. Simple, couldn't open it :banghead:

Hope Captain Tenneal's tip will work

Once more thanks

P.S. In the meanwhile, as spare time allows, you could fill up solomons with more IJN bases, f.ex. on Shortland or Sta.Isabel islands? I'm just saying 'cause you surely did a great job with this one:d

Jagdflieger
November 5th, 2008, 16:04
Dog1,

Your password is good for all of your uploads. Continue to use the one you received for your C-47 skins or for Tulagi.

dog1
November 5th, 2008, 20:17
ANOUNCEMENT

WORD 2003 and 2007

I just got back from the pc store and they explained to me that since i have office 2007 therefore word 2007, if i save a file and want others to read it not knowing what version of words they have i must save it in 2003 format that is because previous versions of word cannot read the 2007 version.therefore i am uploading the zip again with the read me saved as 2003 doc together with the updated install instructions.
sorry for the bother
dog1

dog1
November 6th, 2008, 01:11
PAWPORT

I appreciate very much your support while trying to sort out a couple of unforseen problems
dog1

Blondi
November 6th, 2008, 04:51
Is this scenery being replaced? I don't find it in the downloads section.

Blondi:cost1:

Skipsan
November 6th, 2008, 05:20
The thanks goes to you Dog1 for sticking with it and resolving the issue. We all have learned and grown from this experiences :d

Jagdflieger
November 6th, 2008, 05:45
The scenery has been removed from the library so that Dog1 can upload the amended package with the amended readme file.

Captain Tenneal
November 6th, 2008, 06:12
thank you Dog 1 very good ole Chap!!

pawport
November 6th, 2008, 12:56
... don't want to be pain in the :censored: but:

- Xavier's "cfs2hangars.zip" file is no longer on his SOH archive list. Only "cfs2piers" is listed. Most of gents surely have a copy, but some ain't.
Maybe a reload?

- The "map and tulagi pic" file in "tulagi pics" folder is still in DOCX format:d

cheers

EC_ILO
November 6th, 2008, 14:33
The cfs2hangars.zip is listed under xavierb, not xavierb2. You can download it searching by the zip name. Anyway, could the Administrators move all the Xavier uploads under a single "folder"?
Thank you,

EC_ILO

dog1
November 6th, 2008, 17:46
PAWPORT

Go to the thread under discussion number 29 capt tenneal has provided many pics and the map and copy and paste to your tulagi ref file all the pics you wish.
dog1

Jagdflieger
November 7th, 2008, 05:57
Version 2 is up and ready to download.

pawport
November 7th, 2008, 10:03
Thanks Dog1... Already got them.

stoney
November 8th, 2008, 11:45
Man, I must be dense 'cause I still can't figure out the GSL thing. I've got all the extras installed. An I'm still kinda lost on the layout thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

stoney
November 8th, 2008, 13:43
Yep, I take off from Henderson and fly north to Florida Island and Tulagi is a no show.

dog1
November 8th, 2008, 18:52
STONEY

DID YOU ??

1) Place the supplied layout file in the cfs2 layout folder.
2) Opened the supplied Gsl edit tool which you placed in the CFS2 gsl folder and imported the layout file by following the MW tutorial into the cfs2 gsl.

dog1

stoney
November 9th, 2008, 10:46
I'm sorry to be such a pest Dog1 but I can't access MW's tute on the GSL editor thing. I have received no answer to him to date on my request for it. All I need to know is what to do after I open the GSL editor program. And I do have everything else called for in the read me in place. It is such great looking scenery I hate to not be able to use it. Thanks.

pawport
November 9th, 2008, 11:57
...basiclly what you have to do is to put DOG1's layout scenery in to CFS2.gsl file.
Simple way to do that:

1 Put "Tulagi.lay" file into CFS2 "layout" folder.

2 Use "GobCheck" utility (provided by DOG1 in the "GSL kit" folder). With "Check layout file" button search and load "Tulagi.lay" you've just copied.
This will allow you to check if file isn't corrupted and also to know location, size and how many objects are in the layout (269). This will help you later.

3 Close "GobCheck"

4 Make a copy of "cfs2.gsl" file!

5 Run "GSLEdit" (also provided by DOG1) and open "CFS2.gsl" in file menu. You should see a list of gob's on the left.

6 Now go to "Insert" menu and choose "Mission builder layout". Look for "tulagi.lay" and load it.

7 Manually check gob's in the list one by one until you'll find one with the same nr of objects "GobCheck" had shown. This will be Tulagi scenery. In the right column you will see all objects that were used in the scenery and which you must have installed previuosly of course.

Run CFS2 and voilá.
It worked for me:d

cheers

stoney
November 9th, 2008, 12:49
Thank you pawport! That was just what I needed.:jump:

dog1
November 9th, 2008, 12:53
STONEY

Is your scenery now appearing ? i have answered your pm.Once you learn all this it will be very easy for the next ones and then with time you will start making changes to layouts to suit you.Read carefully MW tutorial,its your base.
dog1

stoney
November 9th, 2008, 15:04
EURIKA! That did the trick. Beautiful. Thanks dog1 and pawport. I have never add to the GSL that way, so I learned something as well. Thanks again.:jump:

dog1
November 9th, 2008, 19:17
Great!!!! because you have a lot more coming,
dog1