PDA

View Full Version : AF Scrubb has new I-153

OBIO
January 30th, 2010, 19:43
Over on Flightsim.com, AF Scrubb has a new FS004 I-153. Gmax model. The plane converted to CFS2 very nicely. Needs a CFS2 air file though as it will barely fly in the old sim....ran the air file through Air Wrench very quickly just to get it to load in CFS2. Needs 2D and VC panel work, and texture work. Looks pretty good. The texture sheets look nice..should be a pretty easy plane to reskin.

I will be working on a dedicated sound pack for the bird...going to be a though engine to get the sound right for....very poppy even at full power.

OBIO

oldwheat
January 30th, 2010, 20:30
How does he do it? His FS creations have great FRs more often than not! It also should be a walk in the park to repaint.

JapLance
January 30th, 2010, 21:58
Great, this 2010 starts strong with loads of new planes.

According to the description over at flightsim, the G-max source files are included, so I guess that someone with the right knowledge could ask for permission to create a dedicated CFS2 multi-LOD version perhaps :bump:.

OBIO, the air file loaded fine in my CFS2 with no need to tweak it, if you just want to use it in the combat sim. I cannot speak whether it is accurate or not (impressive rate of roll).

OBIO
January 31st, 2010, 00:43
A tip for anyone who converts this plane....the VC gauges are very fuzzy....but if you go into the panel config and make two small changes...the VC gauges are crystal clear....this tip will work on other planes as well.

Find this section:

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
position=7
visible=0
ident=
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$panel

Change the pixel_sixe=256,256 to 1024,1024.

OBIO

whitehawk_2009
January 31st, 2010, 15:20
I had a feeling this might be coming when I saw the I-15:jump::jump::jump:

WH