PDA

View Full Version : FS2k2 Dark?

Bookiew
January 30th, 2010, 16:15
I've been trying to reinstall FS2K2 on my older, slower computer. It used to run it just fine in 2003. Now however the enivornment is just too dark! I don't know if it's my stock textures or my monitor or what. Other programs appear to have their normal brightness. I remember FS as being much brighter. Now I can distinguish details on the ground from 1000 agl!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

BookieW

Wing_Z
January 30th, 2010, 16:40
<Alt> World/Time/Summer/midday? ;)

Bookiew
January 31st, 2010, 06:21
Sorry, that would be mid day, February. It's dark everywhere, but it's darker in Alaska in FS2002 than it is in FS2004. I downloaded some replacement textures and will fly with the date adjusted to be tolerable well lit.

Bookie

Aztec
January 31st, 2010, 15:03
Bookiew, I had a similar issue about a year ago with my ageing CRT. I was tweaking night lighting and all sorts of things, but things were still too dark, especially night lighting at the airport (I couldn't even see the runway on a night circling approach unless I was aligned with it). Then I got a LCD and everything became clear! Up until then I didn't even know that you could see airport ground detail at night! So could be the monitor, it's worth a look.

Cheers

Az