PDA

View Full Version : Got Corsair?

jdhaenens
January 30th, 2010, 15:04
Barakoma does! With appologies to Weygantt Kurt who downloaded and reactivated the field recently as I was working on mine(His scenery is available at flightsim dot com). This one will be a true custom airport including real shorelines, real 30M DEM's from Asterdem, and many custom models.

PRB
January 30th, 2010, 15:15
That looks great! Where is it? Guadalcanal? Munda? What's a DEM? What's an Asterdem? I do know what a shore line is, though...

[edit]: Barakoma... Think I know where that is. If that's the "where"

MCDesigns
January 30th, 2010, 15:17
YAYYYYYY, you just saved me a ton of work Jim, I can stop my WWll island sceneries!!! (I'll still release Munda as it's done already)

Looks great, love the corsair models :ernae:

jdhaenens
January 30th, 2010, 15:48
Barakoma is on Vella Lavella Island in The Solomon Islands. The first folks to land on the air strip were Greg Boyington and his wing man. VMF 214 spent six weeks here.

CG_1976
January 30th, 2010, 16:21
Barakoma is on Vella Lavella Island in The Solomon Islands. The first folks to land on the air strip were Greg Boyington and his wing man. VMF 214 spent six weeks here.

Black Sheep??

JamesChams
January 30th, 2010, 17:16
Mr. Jim Dhaenens,

:medals::salute::salute::salute::medals:

Are those AI or Scenery ".bgl" file elements?

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

jdhaenens
January 30th, 2010, 17:21
They are statics for now. The mesh is key-frame animated so I guess I could go in and associate the proper FSX animations and make an AI. Hadn't thought about it. I don't do much AI. Yes. VMF-214 are the Black Sheep. The Jolly Rogers (VF-17) spent quite some time here as well, along with VMF-215 and even a PV1 Ventura squadron (VF-40) outfitted as Night Fighters.

TeaSea
January 31st, 2010, 06:02
Oh,

Let please let everyone know when we can get this.

I've no place for my Corsair to play!