PDA

View Full Version : What has happened since my last visit to Madrid?

PHo17
January 30th, 2010, 01:50
It is a long time since I went to Madrid for flying again and was astonished. The scenery had changed to something like in the picture below.

I don't have but default mesh over Spain. The "TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19" setting in fs9.cfg is as it should be for it. I don't remember changing any sceneries near Madrid for a long time (a year or so) and last time I flied there everything was ok I am sure. What the **** has happened?

Pekka

Edit: The Madrid airport scenery is Madrid Gran Barajas v.3 by Joaquín & Miguel Zafra and I haven't found any problems with it before.

stansdds
January 30th, 2010, 05:24
Really, really massive earthquake?

Stuff like that usually happens when terrain mesh has been modified or corrupted.

PHo17
January 31st, 2010, 01:36
Really, really massive earthquake?

Stuff like that usually happens when terrain mesh has been modified or corrupted.

Which are the terrain mesh files of the default installation so I could try to replace them from the original disk(s)?

Pekka

dogknot
January 31st, 2010, 05:14
It is a long time since I went to Madrid for flying again and was astonished. The scenery had changed to something like in the picture below.

I don't have but default mesh over Spain. The "TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19" setting in fs9.cfg is as it should be for it. I don't remember changing any sceneries near Madrid for a long time (a year or so) and last time I flied there everything was ok I am sure. What the **** has happened?

Pekka

Edit: The Madrid airport scenery is Madrid Gran Barajas v.3 by Joaquín & Miguel Zafra and I haven't found any problems with it before.

The version 3 Madrid airport scenery (upgraded from version 1) you are using requires the payware SIMWINGS MADRID-BARAJAS SCENERY to be installed first.

If you do have that payware pkg installed, maybe a reinstall or go through the readme again. There is a bit of file manipulation to do before it all works.

PHo17
February 1st, 2010, 07:06
The version 3 Madrid airport scenery (upgraded from version 1) you are using requires the payware SIMWINGS MADRID-BARAJAS SCENERY to be installed first.

If you do have that payware pkg installed, maybe a reinstall or go through the readme again. There is a bit of file manipulation to do before it all works.

I don't have that payware. I looked at the scenery.cfg and found out that I don't have this freeware addon installed at all. I must have found out that it won't work alone without that Simwing's payware and must have removed it.

However I still have it on the HDD so I thought it is still installed. Well, I am an old man and remember things that happened 30-40 years ago better than things from a year ago. :icon_lol:

There seems to be still installed some Madrid fs2004 sceneries (one is perhaps some landclass - don't remember). Perhaps these cause the error in landscape? I'll take them off and see.

Pekka

Edit: I removed all things of Madrid from the simulator, but still there is the same landscape error although there should be only default scenery left? The airfield itself is ok, but the sorrounding landscape is like from Texas! May I have some Spain mesh somewhere that wont work or something?

I did read the readme.pdf of the Madrid Gran Barajas v.3 by Joaquín & Miguel Zafra to find out if there ware raplaced any default files by new ones that would effect the landscape - none ware.

Thanks for the help but I still don't know what's wrong with this.