PDA

View Full Version : FS 1975.....

Firebar
January 29th, 2010, 12:40
I'm trying to set up flightsim to sort of the mid 70s early 80s period and was looking for advice on AI and scenerey (especially for Europe). The stuff I have/know about at the moment is:

UKMIL
DMFSim
Samdim
PD Freeware

Any other suggestions, especially for the AI, is CalClassics a good bet for that, and UK Airbases.

Cheer,
M

Desert Rat
January 29th, 2010, 13:35
Early eighties and a Brit, Operation Corporate springs to mind, I've been trying for a while to create some scenery and traffic for this, success, unfortunately is lacking. Other than that I've found no more than you,the UKmil stuff with alternative era's is the best I've found. That is why I tried to make my own!!

Jamie

Firebar
January 29th, 2010, 13:49
hmm, know any Alternate AI things? I suppose I could just replace the default airlines with BEA etc.

Oh just thought of more names for the list

HJG
Rick Piper

Willy
January 29th, 2010, 15:45
California Classics concentrates on the late 50s and early 60s. The 70s and 80s are a bit past their time period.

sandar
January 29th, 2010, 22:56
There are, I think two scenery's for Upper Heyford of the 1970's to 80's as used by the USAF flying F.111's during that time period.

If my failing memory is correct, one is now a freeware Alphasim scenery, but I forget the other developer.

There is also a scenery for Coventry airport of the 1950's, again if memory serves me OK this should be OK for the mid 1970's as th development of thei airport only started around the late 70's

The above sceneries and others are listed in this link:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~oosterlo/scenery/ukpage.html

Firebar
January 30th, 2010, 08:24
How accurate are the Cal Classics Flightplans for airlines etc? if they're better than the defaults (almost certainly the case) I could keep the flight plans and just change the aircraft they call up.

ian elliot
January 30th, 2010, 08:48
Hi, my install is heavily biased to 50's60's and 70's military but i use Calclassic's ai instead of the default, i'll find myself flying a Buccaneer in late 70's RAF camo over west Germany and forming up on the wing of a 50's airliner, not accurate but good fun.
A lot of time and effot go's into Calclassics so the flight plans for there time are pretty spot on, give it a go, its relitivly easy to install, and once your up and running, you may not want to change anything. check out Ralf Roggeveen's very entertaining threads to give you an idea of how good things can look.
cheers ian

bpfowler
January 30th, 2010, 10:08
For traffic flightplans and repaints, try the forum at retro ai:
http://retroai.proboards.com/index.cgi
Theryre rebuilding the site, but many of the people there specialize in your time period.

tgibson
January 30th, 2010, 21:59
Hi,

What I might do is start with my AI, replacing older aircraft with more modern examples. Then replace it bit by bit using the Retro AI stuff as you can. That way you should end up with a pretty good representation.

Hope this helps,