PDA

View Full Version : Skyraider Stuff...

Piglet
January 28th, 2010, 23:55
WIP's, External tex mapping and 99% ext. model done. Still got to make ton of ordnance to hang off it!
And of course the second half, int. and VC

Old Crow
January 29th, 2010, 00:05
Tim, that looks fantastic! :salute:
One small request, if you will allow, for a clean version. I saw several in action making strafing runs in the Ashau Valley with no ordinance on the hard-points. It was a Beautiful Sight.

Lewis-A2A
January 29th, 2010, 00:37
Very nice Tim, really looking forward to it :ernae:

Francois
January 29th, 2010, 00:39
Looking good Tim.. I love that plane !

Daube
January 29th, 2010, 01:20
Piglet, excellent choice of avatar picture. Does that mean we can expect a nice red little Sword Fish from you ? :jump:

Appart from that, this Skyraider looks awesome. Can't wait to fly it. Great job, as usual, mister Piglet :salute::ernae:

rvn817j
January 29th, 2010, 03:29
Massive single engine and a load of metal. What more could one want in an airplane. Looking forward to flying this one. Thanks Mr. Piglet (and that goes for all the other great planes you've done)!

stansdds
January 29th, 2010, 03:39
That's looking really nice, Tim! :applause:

peter12213
January 29th, 2010, 03:47
Looking awesome Tim! :salute:

EgoR64
January 29th, 2010, 03:47
:jump: Yes :jump:

Looks Great - :icon29:

kilo delta
January 29th, 2010, 04:14
Excellent work,Piglet!:ernae::applause:

Anyone know if there's a good napalm effect available for fsx?

italoc
January 29th, 2010, 06:40
Great Mr Piglet :ernae::applause::applause:
Waiting impatiently to d/load :wavey:

Italo

stovall
January 29th, 2010, 06:41
Tim, Your talent is overwhelming! You are good at what you do. Thanks a million.

Piglet
January 29th, 2010, 06:53
Thanks all:ernae:

Does that mean we can expect a nice red little Sword Fish from you ?

Thinking of making Faye's Redtail

VCN-1
January 29th, 2010, 07:00
Piglet

It looks fantastic.

Please do a clean model.

I used to see them at Eglin and Hurlburt all the time back in 60s.

The vast majority were clean. There were times when they were loaded with ordnance also.

VCN-1

Marvin Carter
January 29th, 2010, 09:00
Nice Tim!!!

Bomber_12th
January 29th, 2010, 12:29
Excellent Tim! I know this one will be flown quite frequently on my machine. A grandmother of mine worked for Douglas in the 40's, out on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> coast as a riveter on the tail assemblies, so with various stories throughout my life, I have always had a soft spot for the Skyraider and am looking forward to experiencing this one in the sim. She has always been proud to know and learn more about the amazing service career that it had, and how even today there are many still flying.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It is not my place, nor anyone's except for yours Tim, to make this request, but I agree with VCN-1, that the option to fly an example without ordnance would be greatly preferred by me, and I would be forever grateful for it! The work you have put into this airplane looks very accurate and exceptionally well done!

Cleartheprop
January 29th, 2010, 12:55
Looks so beautiful! Cant wait to "test flight" her ! :ernae:

Navy Chief
January 29th, 2010, 13:15
Oh YES!!! Piglet, you never cease to amaze me! Unbelievable details!!!

NC

spotlope
January 29th, 2010, 13:18
Piglet, you are a modeling machine. :salute:

Daube
January 29th, 2010, 14:41
Thinking of making Faye's Redtail
Any of those will be good, especially if YOU model it.
Thanks for the info, good luck with the finalization of your current project :ernae:

Seaking055
January 29th, 2010, 14:57
WOW, this is outstanding work and so quick. Got my eyes on it !

Ian Warren
January 29th, 2010, 15:48
Dang .. I brought the RAZBAM raider , she is great .. its one aircraft that , well has an appeal , maybe its so many hardpoints, just simply the wings full off them , 'Flight of the Intruder ' a couple come ripping in overhead with there 20mm blazing , :monkies: very much looking forward to this one , Tim .. your s Simply the best!<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Piglet
January 29th, 2010, 19:36
As for the underwing stuff, I'm gonna do what I did for the Super Tucano. Have the stores appear, and disappear with visibility tags. Just remember to alter your fuel/payload properly!
P.S That dang gear took almost a week to get right!

stansdds
January 30th, 2010, 05:26
And that is the difference between you and a lot of other freeware and payware developers. You take the time to get it right and we appreciate it! :applause:

Quicksand
January 30th, 2010, 06:42
Piglet, this bird is gonna be a winner, I am sure! Outstanding work...:medals:

EgoR64
January 30th, 2010, 07:12
:salute:

Looking forward to some carrier ops in this bad boy - :ernae:

Cheers - So Excited !!

Vietnam War Project
January 30th, 2010, 09:26
Tim,
Have you get a factory ?
Some dwarves working under a dark mountain ?
Santa Claus elves ?

She looks pretty, a very nice work

Xavier

Railrunner130
January 30th, 2010, 18:00
Really cool!

:ernae:

Lateral-G
January 30th, 2010, 18:09
AWESOME!

-G-

Piglet
January 30th, 2010, 19:16
Some dwarves working under a dark mountain ?
Santa Claus elves ?

Tried those, and Ooompa Loompas, but they always spend all the time breaking into song and dance, drinking, and, well, things best left unsaid.
Now I got pigs for the heavy assembly, puppies for general work and paint, and guinea-pigs for avionics.:ernae:
P.S. I fed the Loompas to the pigs.

Snuffy
January 30th, 2010, 19:21
Looks Great Tim!

Piglet
February 1st, 2010, 20:05
Some more updates....

heywooood
February 1st, 2010, 20:09
looks great Tim...

falcon409
February 1st, 2010, 20:17
Man, that's some beautiful work Tim. Tied in with the Vietnam War Project, you'll have the A-1, Lil' Bird, OV-10 and several others filling the skies. This is awesome.:applause::applause::applause:

ptrev
February 1st, 2010, 21:33
Looking soooo good Mr Conrad. Do we get the 2 seat version for carrying the required indigenous observer as in some Sth East asian areas of operation? Can't wait, guess it will take you at least another ten minutes to finish it judging by your amazing production rate. :salute: ( Gotta put the dog somewhere.)

rayhere48
February 1st, 2010, 22:32
Wow, can't wait. You sure do great work, I have all your stuff and really am looking forward to this.

neptuneman
February 2nd, 2010, 00:40
Another outstanding work, congratulations Mr Piglet. I have seen a skyraider one year ago flying in an airshow!
This aircraft is flying in France and his registration is F-AZDP. I had the luck to go into the cockpit just after the engine stopped. What a nice hot oil smell. And the marvellous sound of the Pratt & Whitney!
Any chance to have the F-AZDP livery?
Good luck the finish line is coming closer and closer!

Lionheart
February 2nd, 2010, 01:12
Looks awesome Tim.

That landing gear and the dive brakes look brilliant.

Bill

peter12213
February 2nd, 2010, 02:25
This is looking amazing Tim, question will there be a French variant at all?

stansdds
February 2nd, 2010, 03:38
It's looking great, but shouldn't the lights on the vertical stabilizer be red over clear?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Skyraider_A-1H-J_1969_-_00000033_-_USAF.jpg

Z-AZ1USN
February 2nd, 2010, 10:09
Maybe if you can do a Navy version say like VA25 then possibly
hang a little goodie (see link) from one of the pylons.
BTW I use to work on The Navy version when I was stationd
at NAS Cubi Pt.....Back in late 60's. Those 20MM were hydraulic
operated while the 20's in the F8's I worked on were pneumatic.

http://midwaysailor.com/midwayva25bomb/va25specbomb-008b.jpg

http://midwaysailor.com/midwayva25bomb/va25specbomb-006b.jpg

http://midwaysailor.com/midwayva25bomb/va25specbomb-009b.jpg

http://midwaysailor.com/midwayva25bomb/va25specbomb-001b.jpg

Moses03
February 2nd, 2010, 10:46
Hope we get a "toilet bomb" version.

http://i45.tinypic.com/wufhoh.jpg

:salute::icon_lol:

Taco
February 2nd, 2010, 10:55
Don't know about the version with the "toilet bomb." But I sure would like to get my hands on the beastie!

rvn817j
February 2nd, 2010, 10:56
For you Brits that's the weaponized version of John Crapper's famous invention. (Thank heavens for John Crapper!)

peter12213
February 2nd, 2010, 12:52
Hahaha, but what did it do? I mean did they litterally just drop a bog on someone or was it filled with explosives so the porcelain or what ever there made out of would act as shrapnel? Honestly in all my time of reading and studying military aviation I've never seen or heard anything about this, you think you know it all then whack you learn something new! Very funny, but also quite disturbing, and I thought it was us Brits with the sick sense of humour for toilet jokes! :icon_lol:

rvn817j
February 2nd, 2010, 13:12
I would speculate that the carrier guys were just being polite, i.e., the enemy was getting the crap bombed out of it so it was only fair to provide them a crapper. That's how you pass the day away in the merry ole' land of CV-60 (the sucking sixty from dixie for those that have served on her or flown from her decks)!

MHAircraft
February 2nd, 2010, 13:27
Hope we get a "toilet bomb" version.
:salute::icon_lol:

Me too me too!!! :applause:

Z-AZ1USN
February 2nd, 2010, 14:59
Hahaha, but what did it do? I mean did they litterally just drop a bog on someone or was it filled with explosives so the porcelain or what ever there made out of would act as shrapnel? Honestly in all my time of reading and studying military aviation I've never seen or heard anything about this, you think you know it all then whack you learn something new! Very funny, but also quite disturbing, and I thought it was us Brits with the sick sense of humour for toilet jokes! :icon_lol:

Here is an account of what happen on that day back in Oct '65:

http://tinfeathers.com/MilPhoto/VA25/VA25.htm

And...That's the way is was.......

:salute::USA-flag:

Piglet
February 2nd, 2010, 17:02
Ummm.. never made a toilet before. But then again, I made dog poop!:ernae:

heywooood
February 2nd, 2010, 19:25
why does the terlet issue always get stuck to the butt of every Skyraider topic EVER posetd???

can we not appreciate a Spad without the perpetual porcelain appendage?

Naki
February 2nd, 2010, 20:41
hey I didnt know about the toilet bomb thingy -- found it interesting:mixedsmi:

SirBenn21
February 3rd, 2010, 02:51
Please do this repaint!

Please please please :wiggle:

looks good Piglet.

Ben

peter12213
February 3rd, 2010, 03:36
Thanks AZ1USN, I also found that rather interesting!:salute:

modelr
February 3rd, 2010, 04:27
why does the terlet issue always get stuck to the butt of every Skyraider topic EVER posetd???

can we not appreciate a Spad without the perpetual porcelain appendage?

First time I've seen it. Don't remember it being on any of the other Spad topics I read.

PRB
February 3rd, 2010, 04:53

LOLOL.

I’ve seen that photo before, but it was a long time ago, and I never even thought of it, even when reading about A-1s, until Moses posted that pic. It is a little bit funny, you have to admit, although I don’t quite follow. I guess they couldn’t find a “kitchen sink” to throw at them, and this was the best they could do on short notice…
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Looking forward to the new Skyraider!

heywooood
February 3rd, 2010, 05:02
finally someone sees the humor...I was beginning to wonder :kilroy: about this crowd....again.

The topic came up on the 1c forums a few times - mention the Spad and that pic comes up - over in simhq...mention the Spad on any board and that pic comes up - got an issue of Flight Journal featuring the Spad with a great article....and that pic with commentary was in it.

So if you haven't seen it before - well - there it is.

kilo delta
February 3rd, 2010, 05:39
finally someone sees the humor...I was beginning to wonder :kilroy: about this crowd....again.

The topic came up on the 1c forums a few times - mention the Spad and that pic comes up - over in simhq...mention the Spad on any board and that pic comes up - got an issue of Flight Journal featuring the Spad with a great article....and that pic with commentary was in it.

So if you haven't seen it before - well - there it is.

Oops...I too am guilty as charged

Link (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=25301)
:engel016::icon_lol: