PDA

View Full Version : Got Carried Away And.... Boo Boo's

Pips
November 3rd, 2008, 21:40
One of the biggest problems of getting back into a sim after a looooonngg absence is curbing the enthusiasm - and making mistakes in loading some complicated add-ons and not testing each individually before going onto the next one.

Enter centre stage eawwii_full_scenery_2006. At least I think it's this one I screwed up. When I select some exotic field eg DEI_Koepang, in Free Flight I get messages like:
Can't find the model af_sm_rutmnt2_sandlog in the library. Or af_overhead_cvr_bamboo, or af_20x20_bombproof_sandcvrd, or af_blockhouse_2. In fact about 20 similar messages.

Is it eawwii I screwed up installing? If so is it best to simply delete the whole thing and start again?

Cheers, Sorry to be a pain. :)

Pen32Win
November 3rd, 2008, 21:49
No Partner you didn't screw up you're just not done. The scenery is GSL scenery which has ground objects associated with it. You just need to D/L the objects and install them. Then they'll show up anywhere a scenery developer has used them. We tend to use each others objects to get greater variety.

The objects you need to get are from my collections of bunkers.

Go Here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Pen32Win

You'll need the Coastal Defense Paks and the Bunker Pak to start.

Pips
November 3rd, 2008, 22:09
Thanks for that Pen, I'll go d/load them now. :) While I'm there are there any others I need?

Pen32Win
November 3rd, 2008, 22:16
From the names you posted I don't think so. The link I gave you will take you to all of my stuff. There's a replacemant 40mm Bofors Ground mount and some FX's and some Ships.... You'll see. Pick and choose as you wish:costumes:

I'll be around for about another 45min. I check back before I Crash.

xavierb
November 3rd, 2008, 23:00
Pips, all files needed are detailed in the install_readme.txt file of the package, with (most of times) with links to their locations (or, at least, where the files were located at the time of writing...).

Pips
November 3rd, 2008, 23:05
I'll be around for about another 45min. I check back before I Crash.

Thank heavens for that! :)

I loaded up both all three zips and tried a flight using Koepang again. This time I go the message missing:
model lwd_tower1_dl; model lw_oil tank_dl; model lwd_gum_01/02/03/04/05/06/07 and model lwd_generic_07/15

Another zip needed perhaps?? :redf:

Cheers and thanks again.

Pen32Win
November 3rd, 2008, 23:22
Yep, another developer, lindsey watts stuff. Look in the Read Me file for a current link to the stuff. If it's not there let me know and I'll try to find one.

Pips
November 3rd, 2008, 23:31
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

I've checked and I have loaded the Maskrider_libobjs_complete zip and the Maskrider Tree Package. Wonder what I;ve done wrong??

Pips
November 3rd, 2008, 23:55
Looks like I missed d/loading the LWD_Trees.zip. Doh!:redf: I'll grab that and see how things go.

I must say it's great to see that the makers of all these marvellous add-ons are still around and willing to give advice. No wonder CFS2 had become a classic! It's you guys who have made it so!!

Again my thanks and appreciation. :)

Pen32Win
November 4th, 2008, 00:36
No Worries Pip,

Quite a marvy community, people come and go and come back again; but there's always someone around to help. Glad we could assist, and BTW, welcome back.:ernae:

Pips
November 4th, 2008, 01:38
Sad to say I'm still missing some objects. They are:
model lw_tower_dl
model lwd_oil tank_dl
model lwd_gum_01/03/07/06/04/02/05
model lwd_generic_07/15

I've read the ReadMe carefully in eawwii, and am pretty sure I've d/loaded all the zips. The ones I have installed are:
Library Objects Part 1 (and the fix)
Library Objects Part 3
LWD Trees
CFS2 Hangers
CFS2 Barracks
Maskrider Tree Package
Maskrider Libobjs Complete
Library Object Collection
Coastal Defence Pack 1 and 2
Midway Bunker Pack

Any idea what I've missed? :banghead:

Rami
November 4th, 2008, 03:20
You're missing Lindsay Watt's library objects
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=2610

And, his second pack of trees
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=7930
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=3315)

Pen32Win
November 4th, 2008, 18:47
There's one other that you should get and that's from xavier, it's his xbjapan bases. It has a great collectioin of japanese hangars and warehouses.

Pips
November 4th, 2008, 23:17
Again thanks guys, help very much appreciated. :) I'll grab those files and see if all is finally ok. :applause: