but normally there are no credits to the painters
it would be great just to have a small text file in the texture folder
just saying who the painter is
just an observation
and i love to see credit where credit is due
H:guinness:

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 06:43
it's a good idea... i usually put my e-mail and name in my readmes, but in the texture file... thats a grand idea :ernae:

Tako_Kichi
January 28th, 2010, 06:48
My info is always in the 'read me' too but I agree that a text file in the textures might be a good idea.

MCDesigns
January 28th, 2010, 06:52
While I am all for giving credit when due, I prefer to not have extra files in the actual aircraft folder. I try to keep things tidy and delete any unnecessary files from installs. Just my 2 cents.

Henry
January 28th, 2010, 06:55
it's a good idea... i usually put my e-mail and name in my readmes, but in the texture file... thats a grand idea :ernae:
once i copy the info from the readme
it stays with the original download
because most aircraft have a readme
and it may overwrite it
and i guess i could go and find it
but its just easyier to have a standard credit text
and slap one in each tex file
just an idea
H

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 06:55
what if painters put their name on the texture sheets themselves, as in on the textures but not on the aircraft itself? sort of like signing artwork?

MCDesigns
January 28th, 2010, 07:00
what if painters put their name on the texture sheets themselves, as in on the textures but not on the aircraft itself? sort of like signing artwork?

That is an excellent idea, surprised most don't do it already. Unfortunately, some texture sheets don't have the room on them for this.

Henry
January 28th, 2010, 07:03
That is an excellent idea, surprised most don't do it already. Unfortunately, some texture sheets don't have the room on them for this.
and some of us do not look at the texture sheet
i believe that has been done though
Thanks Guys
for your comments
H:guinness:

dswo
January 28th, 2010, 07:16
I would suggest suggest that repainters add their names to the description line in aircraft.cfg. You already need it, it doesn't add an extra file, and it's visible to the user in the sim.

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 07:16
could always add it to the 'description box, e.g. "34FS F-16, Hill AFB, Utah \nRepainted by: ........."

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 07:17
ok same time.... :icon_lol:

Henry
January 28th, 2010, 07:33
That works for me
H

fsafranek
January 28th, 2010, 07:48
All good ideas. Thanks for bringing up the subject Henry.
:ernae:

IanP
January 28th, 2010, 07:49
A number of repainters already do that - I'll happily join the list of people that have no problem with seeing the repainter's name at least in the description text. It's probably the best place for it.

bruce448
January 28th, 2010, 08:03
A number of repainters already do that - I'll happily join the list of people that have no problem with seeing the repainter's name at least in the description text. It's probably the best place for it.

Snap

Bruce

huub vink
January 28th, 2010, 13:09
I hope I can remember this when I make my next repaints. Normally the repaint is the target, once finished the readme and entry for the cfg file are just an annoying thing needed to upload it....

Therefore I don't spend too much time on it and in most cases its just a copy from one of my previous uploads.

Next to that I do most repaints because I like to have them myself and or on request. I upload them because there might be one or two who want them as well. For me it is nice to see other people enjoy your work, but I personally don't need credits for it.

Cheers,
Huub

bmd
January 29th, 2010, 04:39
Hello Henry,

In all the texture folders that I add in my FS hangar, I put a small txt file in wich I have the one who did it, where I have downloaded it and when I have downloaded it. I simply made a copy of the description text found on the weeb site like avsim. An example. When I have downlodded the ch_nc900.zip texture file of Huub, I have created a ch_nc900.txt file in which I have put a copy/paste of description text.

Category: Flight Simulator X - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications
New! SNCAC NC.900 (Focke-Wulf FW190A5 - French build), 1946 ZipDive! Download

Images related to this file:

* ch_nc900-1.jpg
* ch_nc900-2.jpg
* ch_nc900-3.jpg

File Description:
This file contains alternative textures for the payware Classics Hangar FW190 A-5 which can be found in the late versions package. The textures depict the SCNAC NC.900 (French build FW190A-5) flown by GC III/5 Normandie-Niemen from Toussus-le-Noble France 1946. The French flew the FW190 from April 1945 until June 1949. This repaint was made based on the excellent paintkit by Alessandro Biaggi, which is included in the Classics Hangar FW190A late versions package.

Filename: ch_nc900.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 24th January 2010
Downloads: 14
Author: Huub Vink
Size: 5458kb

Download

2010/01/24

As you can see it is just a copy/paste of existing description. I only add when I download it. It is helping to make cross refenrence.

Have a good day

Benoit