PDA

View Full Version : Old Stuff....Fun to Fly ...Part 2

Rockster234
January 27th, 2010, 22:00
IRIS ....DSB Design A-7E Corsair II

released as FS2004 freeware..........

Converts to CFS2 fine.............except the intake and exhaust covers dont work..............??? or something....

Lots of free textures............

VN USS Coral Sea............angled deck

As with all my FS2004 conversions..........they crash out with a wingman???? So this is a solo aircraft.......

dvslats
January 28th, 2010, 01:44
Hey Rockster, you got me digging through some of my old CD's. I found one of my faves. My personal choice for best looking delta wing jet. B-58 Hustler by Massimo Altieri.
If I remember correctly, it is a FS 2002 model. And a real hot rod. In CFS2 it will do about mach 4...and if the throttle is kept at 100%, you gotta watch that fuel gauge. Love the lines on this one. No snake and nape though...:d

Rockster234
January 28th, 2010, 07:55
When I see a Hustler...........It conjures up the images flashed in the movie/book............."Fail-Safe".

Black and White disturbing nuclear age stuff.......

(You can watch the entire movie on youtube.........in segments)........Larry Hagman???? (Who Shot JR?)

I know.........I have a TV and movie brain.........I watch too much TV

and.......

The movie "Fail-Safe" was hollywood making good on a hyper cold war paranoid america.............
i.e. ........Dr. Strange Love.......

(justifiably so...........we had just gone thru the cuban missle crisis).

But.........

The B-58 Hustler was a Jet age dream...........the design features and advancments can be seen continued in the further aircraft.......such as the ....... Concorde.......and the B-1 bomber.

Unfortunately.......the B-58 was short lived

I did fly this particular model you've shown........around the world ..........on 4x acceration (unlimited fuel).........just because I could........at low level..........I got sea sick............had to look away every so often......

Nuclear bomber........brings out alot of political issues........I don't even want to go into.......

Disclaimer: No animal, mineral.......etc...etc.......was harmed...etc.........nuclear proliferation not being politized in any form...........the use of sacrine as a substitue for CFS2 may cause symptoms unrelated to anything............

Still............it is amazing how many aircraft we probably have on CD that needs to be dusted off and flown..........Sim addicts agree.......that we have this.........what would it be like to fly that plane.......????? Endless pursuit of the cockpit that got away..........like fishing?

Rockster234
January 29th, 2010, 15:12
I had to try out Jason Sparks FS2004 textures for the DBS/IRIS Corsair.......

Rockster234
January 30th, 2010, 13:14
Sometime back..........oh......maybe 3 years.....

I got excited about the AT-9 ...........just because it look ......kinda cool

Mike Stone came out shortly there after with a FS2004 version........

A great one.........as are most of Mike Stone's work.

Bulldog snatched it up and did a great olive drab army aircorp conversion.

It does fly ...off the shelf........really unforgiving....

I did a little magic .......and here are some screens of my exploits today......a little Naval bombardment spotting........

No cartoons.......I think I broke my "Not so funny" Bone........

Rockster234
February 1st, 2010, 06:04
As you have noticed........I've been flying traps on the USS_Kadashan_Bay44....and the textures are great........but that's new stuff..........see above sticky

I had to get a vintage aircraft to go with it ........so I decided to try the old stuff(relatively).........Donationware that has been release as freeware.......Gramps F-3/F-4 Wildcat........

I have seen and heard so much about this model......and this is my first run with it.

I know that the vintages are a bit off..........but close enough

If you haven't tried this model.......it is very realistic looking..........very well done......and makes great animations........as does the textures on the USS_Kadashan_Bay44

tonybones2112
February 1st, 2010, 06:20
Sometime back..........oh......maybe 3 years.....

I got excited about the AT-9 ...........just because it look ......kinda cool

Mike Stone came out shortly there after with a FS2004 version........

A great one.........as are most of Mike Stone's work.

Bulldog snatched it up and did a great olive drab army aircorp conversion.

It does fly ...off the shelf........really unforgiving....

I did a little magic .......and here are some screens of my exploits today......a little Naval bombardment spotting........

No cartoons.......I think I broke my "Not so funny" Bone........

Rock, where can I get one of these? Almost looks like something Doc Savage from the 1930s would fly.

Dour Bones, Born Without A Sense Of Humor

Rockster234
February 1st, 2010, 09:00
I got mine here at the resources.........bulldog

but.......

resources are not accessible at this time.........

The original FS2004 is at simviation................

you can convert it ......but there is no Olive drab skins.

I looked on the internet..........but could not find any original series Doc Savage aircraft????

Rockster234
February 2nd, 2010, 12:16
I was looking thru the last of my old posts............

I haven't been back in Stuart Green's AT301 since I played around with crop dusting......

I have to apologize to Stuart for posting the plane in the package.......I don't know why.........I didn't understand the policies maybe......or I had modified...it

If you remember back in the Atari and early FS1 and FS2 days.......there was a crop dusting feature .......where you played against the clock to complete a game...........

I tried to do that here with palms trees..........you shoot out the back to simulate dusting........

I didn't set it up very well.......but you get the idea........

And don't call Al Gore..........this is only a simulation

Rockster234
February 2nd, 2010, 13:34
I should make a special thanks..........and apology.......too all the CFS2 vegetation makers........

I have been using the palm trees, forests, and gum trees in all this old stuff........as a backdrop........

I believe wolfi and Mr. Watts.........are the main thanks.......with other add-ons so numerous......I can't keep track.........

These trees have made the screen shots so much more realistic.........from those early stock vegetation.....

When I joke........I am bring attention to those trees........because .......they are great and fun......

Rockster234
February 3rd, 2010, 21:58
I was looking thru magazines ..........and saw the Be-12 again.........

Thought it might make some good browsing................

I hope I didn't go overboard.........all in fun.......something to look at

Beriev Be12 Russian Navy
FS2004 by Vladimir Zhyhulskiy

Jagdflieger
February 4th, 2010, 02:28
You're on to something Rockster!

Operation "Ranch Hand" of Vietnam fame.

C-123s and Agent Orange over the Ho Chi Minh. Hooo Ahh!

Damn, I have to get an Agent Orange medical screening every couple of year now.

Rockster234
February 4th, 2010, 10:58
Yes........it struck me after doing the Crop Duster and posting at Flightsim.com.......that I unintentionally drew a parallel to DeFoliant practices used in SE Asia..............

I apologize to any personnel suffering from the effects..........no correlation intended.........

I tried to get a disclaimer.........sort of in humor form.......about what maybe implied and what really I was shooting at........

I was always facinated by crop dusting/fire figther bomber/Sky Writer as a kid...............I thought that was a occupation I would be interested in.

I was also going for a Alfred Hitchcock...... North by Nortwest versus the nasty apple trees in the Wizard of Oz.........

But, I soon realized that crop dusting, has its ill effects.........

Fire Bomber isn't a high demand profession.........and

sky writing......the smoke didn't last very long.....

Shessi
February 4th, 2010, 11:37
Rockster,
I don't think "you're on to something", I think you're ON something!!! :d

Lots of funny colours?, seeing odd things?....lucy in the sky with diam...

Cheers Shessi

Rockster234
February 4th, 2010, 13:30
Caffeine only.......and two cup limit......at that

I just have an over active imagination..................

CFS2 splash screens.......and intro.....was originally set up as a cartoon effect.......

I was just trying to go retro........with a little Jonny Quest throw in (Maybe some Roger Ramjet)

Also.........I may have just a little too much time on my hands.......

Jagdflieger
February 4th, 2010, 19:36
Roger Ramjet, he's our man... Hero of the nation.

erufle
February 6th, 2010, 01:46
Caffeine only.......and two cup limit......at that

Also.........I may have just a little too much time on my hands.......

Perhaps you should consider medication. I am not suggesting something to curb your imagination, rather, something to enhance it. ;<)
med > :isadizzy: > :sleep: > :sheep: > :icon_eek: > :barf: med > :isadizzy: > :sleep: > :greenbo: > :icon_eek: > :barf:and so on. Well, maybe not. Depends upon your current quality of life.

Rockster234
February 6th, 2010, 14:25
Here is a very clever mission and add-on I liked to fly the S-3 Viking on.

"Sink the Typhoon" by Chris Rosenmann.

After flying a few in the Rafale Marine........I would substitute it with the S-3 Viking by Rick Salsa and put in the USS Stennis instead of the Charles DeGaulle ..

Now DBS/IRIS has released the S-3B Viking....which has to be converted and dynamics adjusted......but is a great freeware oldy...

Rockster234
February 6th, 2010, 16:47
I know the pastel ............colors are drawing some comments........

But........

I ain't dreaming them up..............I wish I was that creative..

The software interprets the screen shots into more basic colors of what is actually there...........

If you sit back far enough......and look at these cartoons........the image looks less and less like odd colors........

It is a well know fact.......that the stealth fighter was going to be painted in pastels............pinks, baby blues, rose.............

This was based on a study ........expensive study.........done at the skunk works...........

at a distance the aircraft would fade into the natural colors.........the human eye cannot distinguish between

They went with black ........because no one wanted a pastel aircraft.....

Me included.......

Rockster234
February 7th, 2010, 07:08
At the risk of driving this thread further into ..........oh no ...more

talking about primary colors .......reminded of the color blind test..........

My apologies to anyone who is color blind...........

However, these cartoons may qualify for something similiar.....

Here are some screen of those test we were ask to read by the school district health screening while attending early education......

If you can not... I repeat ...can not... see a numbers in the circles...........you may need to see a eye care professional......

This is not an official color blind test.............

Rockster234
February 7th, 2010, 10:15
I had fun with these two models of the S-3 Viking.

I flew Rick Salsa Model alot.........and wanted to remember his effort.

The aircraft dynamics are better off the shelf for Salsa's and I used his files as a pattern to fix the problems of the IRIS.......

President Bush's landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln in a S-3B Viking was a historic event.......for the first time a sitting president was a passenger or co-pilot on a carrier landing (trap) Naval aircraft.

all jokes aside....I was impressed by the event.......and in a Viking one of my favorite aircraft.

I also would like to thank all retired and active servicemen and women whom the event was intended to highlight and acknowledge...........

Be it left or right......up or down...........in or out........I would also thank President Bush for his service and his landing.......it was event I will not forget.

Here are some screens to compare........as a CFS2 time machine trip back to that moment....

As a side note............I wish to apologize to France and the French Prime Minister........It was all in the name of naval comradery........Go NATO.....

I would like to also apologize for any typographical errors past, present, and future........I don't have a copy editor...........cocpit ......geez.........cockpit

Rockster234
February 7th, 2010, 17:40
As I said............typographical errors......

S-3 Viking by Rick Sasala........not Salsa..........

Eoraptor1
February 7th, 2010, 19:27
I still really like that Blue Arrow P-38J-25 with the Bruce Thorson airfile. I have the freeware version. By the time I decided I'd like to have the full kit, Blue Arrow stopped offering it. I've tricked out the cockpit with what I think is a more accurate gauge setup up, and I also have a version modded to use the 1% airfile. I'll post screenshots when I can get to it. REALLIFE has most inconveniently cut into my flight simming.

JAMES

Rockster234
February 7th, 2010, 22:04
Just playing around looking for stuff............

and...

I came across the old Austin Tate Fireball XL5.........

Rockster234
February 9th, 2010, 15:25
This is a test of the emergency CFS2 broadcast system...........

This is only a test...................beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

in case you didn't go to sim-outhouse.net

Rockster234
February 10th, 2010, 11:37
I been told that the above is a vague reference.............and no one will get the connection...??

I think some of the americans.... 45 and older may have picked up on the humor?

either way.........for those following.............

1. "The Fly" ....1958

2. "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Flying Sub......1961

Rockster234
February 14th, 2010, 18:41
I've been trying all the old flyable Rockets I could find............

Its a trip.............70,000 feet in 2 mins..............

I only have time to do some cartoons and post the V2 this time.......but below I might add shots of the Regulus, Mace, and the MX

Rockster234
February 14th, 2010, 19:35
Gerald Goldsmith............old stuff............flyable

kick in the pants take off.................

Rockster234
February 15th, 2010, 09:07
I had fun with the SS-N-20 by Christopher Rosenmann..........

I repainted in Stratigic Air Command Colors..............

Flyable and comes in three stages.............

Rockster234
February 15th, 2010, 18:00
Again...............I type faster than I copy edit................

Sproogle is funnier .........than spoogle..........

Sergeant Battlefield Missile..........by Mr. Goldsmith

Rockster234
February 16th, 2010, 14:57
If you haven't seen this..........

2009....After 45 years of operational service in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), the last of their DHC-4 Caribou have been officially retired.

The RAAF gave one the last DHC-4 to the Air Museum at Point Cook for display.

Jagdflieger
February 16th, 2010, 15:46
It's a shame to see an old war horse left to pasture. I've got several jumps from the old C7 Caribou. Five in one day once. I guess that was back in the early 80s. They had two of the big P&W R2800 radials, same as the Hellcat, and they were sweet music to be sure.

Rockster234
February 22nd, 2010, 09:59
been so busy .............here is an attachement from http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=225&d=1266543159 to show what been going on

and

an attachment check

and we still have a no attachment zone as of Monday Feb 22 2010 18:00 hours GMT

bf109
March 4th, 2010, 12:10
It's a great plane, except for one problem the wings don't raise and lower. Do a search and you'll see.

Rockster234
March 4th, 2010, 16:24
You got me Corn Fused..............

huh?