PDA

View Full Version : SOUND FILE QUESTION

Fibber
January 25th, 2010, 12:08
Maybe Obio/Lawdog/Jax can help me on this question I was wondering about. I have been redoing my sounds and making a centralized folder for ALL the aircraft sounds. This had been the subject of a previous post by me in this forum that Jax and Obio helped me on.:salute: Actually turned out easy to do, and saved a lot of space, just time consuming. Anyway, I came to the sounds of the R-2800/2600 etc. engines.
I went through all of the files and found that the files all have flap, etc files in them besides the core engine sounds. Are these files (flap\wheels,etc) all the same sound, or are they representative to the individual aircraft . All aircraft have their individual idiocentric sounds in real life.
I was thinking of one file say, R-2800, and then the sounds specific to the aircraft in the individual aircraft folder with the alias reference to the R-2800 main file folder. Is that possible?:isadizzy: Or am I delirious.

OBIO
January 25th, 2010, 12:39
In order to have specific flap and gear sounds for individual planes, you have to have individual sound packs for those individual planes....

The F6F and F8F both used the R-2800....but their gear and flap sounds may have been different. In order to reflect the differences, you would need a sound pack dedicated to the F6F with its gear/flap sounds and one for the F8f with its gear/flap sounds.

You can not have the engine part of the sound pack in one folder and the gear/flap sounds in another folder...all files for that particular plane must be in the same folder and called by the same sound.cfg file.

Can this result in the accumulation of a lot of sound packs? You bet! I have 304 sound packs.

OBIO

Fibber
January 25th, 2010, 13:29
Thanks for the reply. It was just something that I was wondering about, and if it could be done to further streamline the sound files. I guess not, so thanks for your work and help before. :salute:
Set my game up with a central file and have all theater-of-operations call on the specific sound file. Seems to have sped the game up a little. Then again, it could me my wishing it to be so!:icon_lol:
Main B-B was seperating the sound files to named folders, delineating the single/twin/triple/quad files, and referencing the aircraft they applied to in the aircraft folder. Once the "alias"sentence reference was made in was simply a matter of a few word changing as I went.
I saved all the cfg.s for later reference and I hope I never need them!