PDA

View Full Version : This coming February 14th ...

Snuffy
January 24th, 2010, 17:21
Tell that special someone that you love them ... NASCAR gets its offical start on Valentines day ...

Good luck to all of ya.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/

Curtis P40
January 24th, 2010, 18:01
I plan on being there for the race on Saturday and Sunday. Been to the last ten Brickyard's. Be interesting to see how they compare.
Curt:kilroy:

Chacha
February 4th, 2010, 19:05
Daytona 500...

Good for Florida's economy.... People will flock from all over town and traffic will be hectic.... Hotel rooms rates will increase, no rooms anywhere as far as Tampa, so if you are planning to go to Daytona be sure you have a reservation....

Cazzie
February 5th, 2010, 01:22
I plan on being there for the race on Saturday and Sunday. Been to the last ten Brickyard's. Be interesting to see how they compare.

Daytona is totally different Curtis, much faster, would be faster yet without the restrictor plates. Without them, stock cars could average Indy car speeds at Daytona. Indy is dead flat for a stock car, much slower in the corners than an Indy Car there. But they can run wide open at Daytona with the banking. An Indy car cannot run at Daytona, the banking is so steep, they would bottom out from the G-forces. IMHO, a NASCAR race at the Brickyard is better racing, because Indy is like a short-track race run on a super-speedway. But you'll get your money's worth at Daytona, it looks like a wreck is gong to happen every lap, it is knuckle wrenching at times.The problem is, like Indy, it is two and a half miles long and you really cannot follow the action all the way around.

Caz

Curtis P40
February 5th, 2010, 07:45
No reservations...just a rental car. My son and I are going, we can sleep in the car. Couldn't do that if we took the wifes..lol
Been to quite a few Indy car races and the first Formula race held at Indy. Really surprised at the different crowds each venue draws. Going to get to Bristol, one of these years..

JoeW
February 5th, 2010, 07:48
I can't wait to see Danica with the "Good Ol' Boys"

Cazzie
February 5th, 2010, 07:53
Going to get to Bristol, one of these years..

Now you're talkin'! Use to be you had to order Cup tickets two years in advance. The last two years with the COT, the interest has drained, it's just not the same Bristol with those POS cars. Hopefully that will change this year. Bristol beats Daytona anyday.

Caz

brad kaste
February 5th, 2010, 07:58
I can't wait to see Danica with the "Good Ol' Boys"
Joe,....as you probably know it's been a real struggle for almost all open wheel drivers to adapt into NASCAR racing. About the only one I can think of is Juan Montoya who's moderately successful.

Curtis P40
February 5th, 2010, 08:08
Well, I hope she does well in the ARCA race, dosen't have to win, just races well. Maybe then I'll get watch to her in the Nationwide race on Saturday...