PDA

View Full Version : Quest Kodiak - CTD

Sky~6
January 22nd, 2010, 16:19
Hope you folks can help, maybe someone has experience similar occurances-

Just purchased the Quest Kodiak a few days ago to go with Mike Super Cub-awesome- but having a problem with it.

Seem I load it and she produces an error in FSX abd needs to restart-
only this A/C, I can fly all others no prob, no errors all day long, as soon as i switch to kodiak, blam 'error' FSX needs to restart.

Funny, I have successfully flown a few flights with no probs, cant figure it out. I tried loading the default beaver first, then switch to kodiak cargo-it worked. no prob....I tried again..restarted FSX-loaded default beaver-then switched to kodiak Passenger---ERROR-hmmm

Seems like the error is 3-5 seconds after loading the A/C while its loading the systems , the MFD etc...sometime works sometimes not...help

Running:
Win7 x64
FSX SP2

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61472.0
Application Timestamp: 475e17d3
Fault Module Name: facilities.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000169a2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Sean

NoNewMessages
January 22nd, 2010, 16:40
Aloha! What are the hardware specs? Other programs running to coincide with FSX?

My three year old system runs the Kodiak well, for a three year old system that is.

Lionheart
January 22nd, 2010, 17:10
Seems like the error is 3-5 seconds after loading the A/C while its loading the systems , the MFD etc...sometime works sometimes not...help

Sean

Hey Sean,

How do you mean the MFD sometimes doesnt work?

The reason I ask, is that the MFD uses the stock GPS window function. It is buried or built into the gauge. The rest of the bits in the MFD are simply basic gauge codes lining the edge of the MFD. So if the MFD isnt working, then this sounds like a GPS issue.

Try running the GPS in a plane other then the Kodiak and see how long it lasts. This might be an issue with a program addon that uses GPS technology in FSX and is somehow crashing.

I even re-worked my MFD GPS window to be more friendly on frame rates. This thing is state of the art in FPS technology. Its designed to be the Lamborghini of frame rates for any MFD around. If this thing is crashing, then I highly think this could possibly be a bad DLL file, etc, from another addon that uses GPS coding.

One of the things my MFD does is that it has a reduced frame rates 'rendering' setting, far lower then the stock FSX and FS2004 setting.

If you have a wide screen monitor and you are using the 2D panel alot and this occurs in 2D panel mode, then we can assume that your graphics card is possibly unable to handle rendering the gauge 'stretched'.

The GPS gauge window is one of the most difficult (if not the most difficult) gauge to render and the number one reason why planes with 'glass panels' never before ran well in FS. They have to 'dual render' the FS world in two windows, the main overall window, and a secondary window within the main window.

Bill

Sky~6
January 22nd, 2010, 17:34
No---MFD runs fine-when I can get the plane to load (which is about 30% of the time)
-the error seems to kick in after 5 seconds,my guess while the systems are loading, e.g. the MFD. (But Im not sure if thats really it)

The A/C loads and starts fine....after 3-5 seconds is when the crash hits.
This is the ONLY plane I have trouble with and I have a lot of addons payware planes...

I run in VC only--no 2D panel

My specs are: (Runs FSX very well)
Win7 64
FSX SP2

CPU E6850 running at 3.8ghz
4gig Ram
2x Velociraptors
285GTX-182.50 drivers
750 PSU
19" monitor
ETC.

I have been running this PC for 2 years in know FSX pretty well...
Again, I am able to run the Kodiak successfully sometimes, about 20-30%

Sometime the plane loads, sometimes not...all other planes flying OK.

The GPS runs fine in all planes-runs fine in the KODIAK also, hmmm.tried to reinstall--same thing
Notice in the other thread, the other guy has the SAME prob...

Sean

Lionheart
January 22nd, 2010, 17:36
Sean,

I created a 'high performance textures pack' for this. It was for people that run their computers at high settings. They found it crashing as I had double sized, high resolution textures in it.

Give that a try.

It is on the Kodiak webpage at my website. www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak

Its about 2/3rds the way down.

If this is not GPS related, then it might be the high-rez textures.

Bill

Sky~6
January 22nd, 2010, 17:45
Sean,

I created a 'high performance textures pack' for this. It was for people that run their computers at high settings. They found it crashing as I had double sized, high resolution textures in it.

Give that a try.

It is on the Kodiak webpage at my website. www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak)

Its about 2/3rds the way down.

If this is not GPS related, then it might be the high-rez textures.

Bill

Bill
I have instaleed those already...that come to mind...

I believe when I first bought it it was fine...then I wanted to put tthe High RES stuff in there...and maybe then the error started to kick in....

Its been a few days, so cant remember which came first, the error, or the High res and then the error....

At first I had thought..Oh, theres an errror with those high Res files...so I reinstalled the plane....but same errror...may the file didnt get overwritten...hmmm...let me uninstall then reinstall see what happens....

Thanks for your time Bill....I reall like this plane

SEAN

Sky~6
January 22nd, 2010, 17:56
YEAH!!!! I think Ifixed it.....

I had run the kodiak uninstaller for FSX folder....and it didnt uninstalle all the folders in simobjects.

So I peeked inside and there was those high rez files still there...I erased both Kodiak and Kodiak Floatplane folders then in Somobjects and reinstalled the whole package anew....

Fired up FSX and loaded NO PROBLEM the Kodiak, even switched to different versions N/P!!!I was unable to do this before so all looks good!!!!!

I have only done a preliminary check so I will fly her toonight and put some time in it to be sure all is ok...

Thanks for your great Support BILL..
Solas Scriptura

Sean