PDA

View Full Version : How to?

UnknownGuest12
January 20th, 2010, 17:53
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Remember reading a post sometime ago about how to get rid of those annoying “outside view and so on” red letters on upper right corner. Have the one’s about brakes etc, but lost this one.<o:p></o:p>
Checked all posts and was not able to find it.<o:p></o:p>
Help someone?<o:p></o:p>
regards<o:p></o:p>

wallyboard
January 20th, 2010, 18:02
In your cfg file under [Main], add HideInfoText=1.

Cheers
Larry

BOOM
January 20th, 2010, 19:06
Thanks,I never knew you could do this! Great!!:ernae:

Roger
January 20th, 2010, 23:15
Here's a tip at The Old Hangar that will enable other screen messages to be removed...

http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fsx&action=display&thread=8765

Cleartheprop
January 20th, 2010, 23:51
HideInfoText=1 will disable all red text except "main exit opening/closing" message (at least on my FSX).
This text appears on top of the screen when I open/close the canopy of every aircraft I use. (red text on green strip)...
It is always an issue when I make my videos.......:isadizzy:

falcon409
January 21st, 2010, 04:06
Here's a tip at The Old Hangar that will enable other screen messages to be removed...

http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fsx&action=display&thread=8765
That is a great find there Roger. I've always wished I could find a way to remove that. Well done!:salute:

wallyboard
January 21st, 2010, 09:15
I'd sure like to find a "cure" for the exit closing message!

larry

UnknownGuest12
January 21st, 2010, 09:25
Thanks a lot, Larry

Regards

Wozza
January 21st, 2010, 11:56
I'd sure like to find a "cure" for the exit closing message!

larry
Hi
You can do it the same way we did it in fs9 :)
The text is in the language.dll in the fsx main folder
as its a dll BACK IT UP FIRST :) if it all go's pair shaped just copy the backup back to the main fsx folder.....
you need to open the dll in a resources editor
I use this one it works fine under XP 32bit not sure about other OS as its an old app
http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/
open the language.dll in the above program for the English Accel ver the exit text in the "string table folder" "section number 2404" but you can use find if its not there
be careful as there are a lot of strings that use the word exit ;)
when you find the strings they will be in "" delete all the text inside the "" but leave the "" :) then click on compile script then file save.
As its a dll you cant modify and upload it due to copyright..If the above scares you or to daunting then you might find a edited ver floating around the net I know the fs9 one ended up on most of the larger flightsim sites also make sure the language.dll is for your current ver as it sure to have changed from fsx to fsxA
I take no responsibility if your system catch's fire or stops working :)
or if you get a nasty email from msoft :D ...Ive been running a self moded one for mths btw no issues ere ;)
Wozza

kimdahl
January 21st, 2010, 12:37
Hmm, maybe an odd question in this thread, but here it is: does anyone know of a way to increase the font size of the info text?

Regards
Kim

wallyboard
January 21st, 2010, 13:36
Wozza

Thanks for the Resource hacker link. Five minutes later, VOILA!
Works like a charm, plus a couple of the other messages now gone! And after all these years!
Works in Win7_64.
Cheers
Larry