PDA

View Full Version : Euroastar350's Sister Amy...

harleyman
January 20th, 2010, 01:36
For all of you that can offer support and would like to keep up with Amy's progress here is a link....

Status update:

My sister is being sent to the Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa Fl where she will undergo treatment. A friend of hers created a small website that have progress reports, a blog, a section for my sister to write her daily reports, etc. A trust fund is also being set up to help ease the burden of medical expenses.

http://friendsofamyarana.org/home (http://friendsofamyarana.org/home)

Snuffy
January 20th, 2010, 03:07
This is cool Mason,

Thanks for sharing! :applause:

This website was made by a friend of the family. i just posted the link for Euro here......

jmig
January 20th, 2010, 03:21
:bump:

Snuffy
January 20th, 2010, 04:42
Unsolicited Edit by Moderator ... This website was made by a friend of the family. i just posted the link for Euro here......

Yes, I know. LOL! I was just saying thanks for being a decent sort of guy, I was not in any way implicating you on the production of the website.

:173go1:

Dain Arns
January 20th, 2010, 06:56
Yes, thank you! :applause:

euroastar350
January 20th, 2010, 08:05
<------Tearing up

Thank you Mason for posting the link.

papab
January 20th, 2010, 08:12
<------Tearing up

Thank you Mason for posting the link.

Eurostar350,
I live in Tampa my friend.....If there is any thing I can do for you or your family just ask!!! Would be glad to assist you ..

Rick Brown

harleyman
January 20th, 2010, 13:45
:engel016:

I decided to not stick this thread as I fear no one looks up there in this forum...Si twice a day I will bump it back up top....

Any others that have read it may also feel free to give her the ol bump if you see its falling.

Thanks ...

papab
January 20th, 2010, 18:13
Bump

Chacha
January 20th, 2010, 18:18
Thank you.... :engel016:

Chacha
January 20th, 2010, 22:33
Thanks you all..... :engel016:

euroastar350
January 20th, 2010, 23:13
Update:

My sister is doing well and has regained some energy. She is still waiting for some test results to come back to see what type of cancer she has. From there, she will be transfered to the Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa Florida.

In the mean time, she has been spending time with her kids, her fiance and her in-laws. A few friends pop in on their time to go visit her.

Sometime next week, my mom, aunt and oldest sister are planning to go down and visit her. I am doing the best I can to go down as well, but I am still under my 90 days probation period at work.

Will post updates as soon as I get them. Thanks to everyone including staff and mods for the well wishes.

Chacha
January 20th, 2010, 23:23
Thanks for the update....:engel016:

harleyman
January 21st, 2010, 01:15
Update:

My sister is doing well and has regained some energy. She is still waiting for some test results to come back to see what type of cancer she has. From there, she will be transfered to the Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa Florida.

In the mean time, she has been spending time with her kids, her fiance and her in-laws. A few friends pop in on their time to go visit her.

Sometime next week, my mom, aunt and oldest sister are planning to go down and visit her. I am doing the best I can to go down as well, but I am still under my 90 days probation period at work.

Will post updates as soon as I get them. Thanks to everyone including staff and mods for the well wishes.

Thank you for this...I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better now. that is always a big bonus.

Still sending all the prayers for her speedy recovery ....

HundertzehnGustav
January 21st, 2010, 03:03
IT... got both of my parents.
IT... i will send what thougts and energy i have to protect her, and get her back on track.

euroastar350
January 21st, 2010, 09:40
BUMP:engel016:

Chacha
January 21st, 2010, 13:43

Another Bump

euroastar350
January 21st, 2010, 14:09
*UPDATE*

I will be leaving Saturday with my mom, aunt and brother to Florida @12pm EST. I will post updates when I get down there, if I can.

harleyman
January 21st, 2010, 14:18
Safe trip to you all, and tell Amy that she has people from around the world praying for her here at SOH

Enjoy your time with her this weekend Euro....

Chacha
January 21st, 2010, 19:53
Another Bump Euroastar350 :engel016:

euroastar350
January 21st, 2010, 21:47
Staff and mods,

Can this topic be made a sticky as I want to keep it current with the latest news and info regarding my sister instead of it being buried? I would appreciated. If not, thanks anyways.

Done with pleasure. I was actually just comming to do that, as it was dropping faster than I could keep up this week.

euroastar350
January 22nd, 2010, 13:27
*UPDATE*

A friend of my sister has posted on facebook that the cancer is not as agressive as the doctors thought. This is some great news for the family and friends.

My sister has been sent to Miami instead of Tampa for treatment. I will be hitting the road early in the morning to Miami to be with her. I'll try to post updates from Miami.

Chacha
January 22nd, 2010, 13:53
Thanks for the update... Euroastar350! :engel016:

euroastar350
January 22nd, 2010, 17:59
This will be my last reply until I get to Miami on Sunday. I will try to keep you guys updated on her progress. Until then, keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Goodnight everyone and take care.

harleyman
January 22nd, 2010, 18:21
Safe trip Euro, and we will continue to pray for Amy and your family

Hope you made it safe and sound there Euro.

I know that Amy will be glad to see her brother there to spend time with her ...

Dear Lord , Heal her , and Bring her back home soon....

euroastar350
January 25th, 2010, 19:49
Howdy all,

Well I made it to Florida monday morning at 2:30am and the first thing we did was to visit my sister in the hospital.

She is doing well and is eating solid foods again. She does suffer from back pains from time to time.

I had the chance to be with her kids which is most important to her since the hospital staff won't allow them to be with her.

I will post additional updates as time allows.

Take care and TTES.

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 22:09
Thats good news Euro.

May she continue to heal and be cancer free for ever...

Bill

Chacha
January 25th, 2010, 22:15
Thanks for the good news, Euroastar!

I hope and pray she continue to heal. :engel016:

harleyman
January 26th, 2010, 01:00
Ahhh you did finally get there...I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better and you were able to be with her kids some too..

I know that this trip means so much to you. I continue to pray for Amy , you, amd all your family and others that suffer this too.

Snuffy
January 26th, 2010, 03:05
Welcome to FLA Eurostar, though I have to confess, its a really lousy reason for getting you here.

I hope Amy is doing better.

Please extend my greetings and well wishes to her.

Look after the youngins, they'll need you more than ever now. And really having raised a child, they are a blessing.

Continually offering petitons in Amy's behalf.

euroastar350
January 30th, 2010, 21:15
Hi everyone,

I got back from Florida already after leaving Thursday afternoon @ 4pm and I thought I would pop in and post an update.

My sister has been diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of cancer that is can be treated. Somehow, she has had the cancer for 3 years before it was discovered 2 weeks ago in her ovaries which then spread into her lungs and liver.

Monday, she will be starting chemotherapy and will be using oxygen at home once doctors release her.

Now she will be disabled and will not be returning to work for a very long while. She will be moving her posessions from Ocala to Miami Fl where she will be able to be closer to her in-laws and kids and undergo therapy.

I'll post any new updates when I get them.

Take care and see you all soon.

Chacha
January 30th, 2010, 21:26
We are still praying for Amy! :engel016:

Be strong for her....

harleyman
January 30th, 2010, 23:23
Can be treated?????

That is actually great news.. I am sure that it will be a long haul for her and all your family...but its cureable Euro..

One day we may see Amy on a TV add as spokesperson and cancer survivor!

may prayers will remain throught this ordeal for her and all who suffer ..

euroastar350
February 3rd, 2010, 21:10
Hi everyone, Just a small update.

My sister has been moved from ICU to the pediatrics section of the hospital. In this section, she has a better TV to watch along with a playstation if she gets bored...plus she will have her kids visit her more often.

She has started her chemo already on Monday.

Other then that, she is doing good. I'll post another update as soon as I get them.

I would like to take this time to thank everyone, from regular members to staff and mods for all the well wishes for the last few weeks. Sure I have been on the edge of breaking down (I have a few times), but I've come this far along, holding myself together through these tough times knowing that my sister is going to get real better...it will take time, but she will make it. I want to extend my hand in gratitude to everyone here for there continued support:ernae:

BladeRun
February 3rd, 2010, 21:22
that's great news :) hang in there, and remember we're all praying for her.

harleyman
February 3rd, 2010, 22:34
I am so glad to hear that Amy is better..I trust in my faith to solve matters like these.And in the skilled minds and hands of doctors that are led by his helping hand....

I understand all to well about breaking down..It is normal and cleansing ..I will continue to pray for Amy and your family...

God Bless and thanks for the updates....

MCDesigns
February 4th, 2010, 05:26
Hang in there George and I'll keep her in my prayers!

Chacha
February 4th, 2010, 05:30
Thanks for the great news Euroastar.....

Amy is still in our prayers....

2Low
February 4th, 2010, 07:03
Very good news! Happy to hear you are both doing better.

Harleyman, MCD, Chacha, BladeRun.....Amen.

harleyman
February 6th, 2010, 03:20
We haven't forgotton about Amy...

Still praying for her timely return to mainstream and her family George....:engel016:

Snuffy
February 6th, 2010, 04:58
Aye, Eurostar, still have Amy in my petitions. :engel016:

Little Chacha
February 6th, 2010, 09:01
I pray for Amy everyday with Mom and Uncle Bill

euroastar350
February 6th, 2010, 17:34
Thanks for all the prayers everyone, my sister is doing better and better everyday.

Today is her last day of chemo, we'll see what happens from there. I'll keep everyone posted.

harleyman
February 6th, 2010, 20:13
Thanks for all the prayers everyone, my sister is doing better and better everyday.

Today is her last day of chemo, we'll see what happens from there. I'll keep everyone posted.

Last day...Thats great.......:applause:

Still praying for her speedy recovery...

OBIO
February 7th, 2010, 20:10
Same here....prayers for Amy continue....and for many others who are dear and near to my sim brothers and sisters.

OBIO

HouseHobbit
February 8th, 2010, 20:51
You and Amy are both in my Prayers..
I do pray all shall be well,
May Our Lord Bless Both of you and keep you safe..

euroastar350
February 8th, 2010, 22:15
Another update...

The tumors that my sister has are getting very, very small. She finished her first week of chemo and will start radiation soon, then followed by more chemo another week...well you get the idea. Once the tumors are very small where chemo and radiation aren't needed, the doctors will operate to remove them and then hopefully she will be able to recover (with medication at home of course) and then home with her kids and family. Will keep everyone updated.

Chacha
February 9th, 2010, 04:06
Another update...

The tumors that my sister has are getting very, very small. She finished her first week of chemo and will start radiation soon, then followed by more chemo another week...well you get the idea. Once the tumors are very small where chemo and radiation aren't needed, the doctors will operate to remove them and then hopefully she will be able to recover (with medication at home of course) and then home with her kids and family. Will keep everyone updated.

Thanks for the update Eurostar,

Amy will still be in our prayer lists.
Tell her we are still prayer for her and her quick recovery....
We pray that the tumor just melt away and disappear! :engel016:

mike_cyul
February 9th, 2010, 18:54
Very best wishes for the best of all possible outcomes!

Mike