PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a easyboy chair

hey_moe
January 19th, 2010, 08:32
I'm gonna see it you guys have the same problem I have...lol. Every time I get in my easyboy chair and cock it back after working all day, within a hour I am gone. On the weekends I run into the same problem. But I do love them. I brought Linda one also for the den beside mine and sometimes when she comes home from work she lays in hers and she is gone for a hour or so...Mike

Henry
January 19th, 2010, 08:36
within a hour I am gone. she lays in hers and she is gone for a hour or so...Mike
Where do ya go too?
if i had one id stay there:icon_lol:
H

mariereid
January 19th, 2010, 08:50
If I'm not doing anything, I can fall asleep on anything, in about 5 minutes. I'm working on being able to do it while standing.:ernae:

Tako_Kichi
January 19th, 2010, 08:59
If I'm not doing anything, I can fall asleep on anything, in about 5 minutes. I'm working on being able to do it while standing.:ernae:
I did it once while riding a motorcycle along a motorway in the UK at 70 MPH!:isadizzy:

Moparmike
January 19th, 2010, 09:03
I can't sleep in my LaZBoy...but it's great for watching a movie. If I'm wanting to stay awake through a show then I just kick back in the recliner. If I sprawl out on the couch or floor though I'm history!

The best is when the sun is shining in on the carpet...I've been accused of being part dog. I'll just flop down on the carpet and soak up the sun & snore. Most people that I work with on night shift have to do the whole blacked-out room thing to get any sleep. Not me...I still need my sunlight even if I'm asleep.

Snuffy
January 19th, 2010, 09:28
I don't need no Lazyboy ... I can crash perfect fine on the corner of the couch.

brad kaste
January 19th, 2010, 09:48
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z,.........Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z,....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z,.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z,.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z,....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Wha',.....what's the question?

sandar
January 19th, 2010, 11:36
I have a similar type of chair, recliner, heater pad, cycloidal massage units for the back, bum and legs and an ejector seat mode for those occasions where you just can't be bothered to expend that extra bit of energy (seriously though Ii need that facility to help me stand)

Many is the time that I have made myself a mug of coffee, sat in my chair, picked up a book and woken up a couple of hours later, book on the floor, cat on my lap or chest and a cold coffee on the table.

lifejogger
January 19th, 2010, 12:24
I just woke up from sleeping at my computer desk and saw this thread, so I guess I can sleep about anywhere.:icon_lol:

GT182
January 19th, 2010, 12:27
I've got a no frills Lane recliner that's like a Lazy Boy. I don't need no heater pad, cycloidal massage units for the back, bum and legs or an ejector seat mode. I can fall asleep just about anywhere... except in or on a motor vehicle or standing up. I learnt that lesson the hard way in an over-the-road Semi (tractor/trailer). I scared myself stupider just once. And I can't do the Ostrich bit either..... I fall down, go boom and wake up.

sandar
January 19th, 2010, 12:43
I just woke up from sleeping at my computer desk and saw this thread, so I guess I can sleep about anywhere.:icon_lol:

I fell asleep at my PC once while writing up my dissertation. Rather aptly, when I woke up, I found 60 odd pages of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'z. My hand had rested on that particular key.

Helldiver
January 19th, 2010, 12:46
I have a easy boy cat napper. It's a soft as a bunch of boobs. I sit in it and in less that five minutes. I'm asleep. I thnk they must stuff the pillows with ether or something.. My wife is scared of it and won't go near it. She sat down once and in 12 hours we had to wake her. We wuz getting hungry.

Odie
January 19th, 2010, 13:32
My faithful chair is my most favorite place in the whole world....:mixedsmi:

This will be the 2nd La-z-boy rocker recliner that I've had in the past 25 years. When we bought it they told us that the metal parts were
covered for life and just last year a spring snapped. Since the chair was 15 years old, we went to the local showplace and looked at the
new ones. Couldn't find any that really suited our tastes (they don't use wood on chairs like they used to!) and in talking with the
salesman he asked why we were looking to replace it. I explained about the spring and he gave me a toll free number to call and danged
if they didn't send a repair person out to the house to replace the spring. All I had to pay was a $50 service call fee. The spring type
had changed from the type they are now using so they had to hunt around to find a new one, but they located one.

You may pay more for a LaZboy, but they do stand behind their products.

BladeRun
January 19th, 2010, 13:54
Hmmm Father's Day is 5 months away! :ernae:

jmig
January 19th, 2010, 13:58
My manly pride won't allow me to fall asleep in my chair.

I have been known to rest my eyes, however. :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
January 19th, 2010, 14:08
I'm gonna see it you guys have the same problem I have...lol. Every time I get in my easyboy chair and cock it back after working all day, within a hour I am gone. On the weekends I run into the same problem. But I do love them. I brought Linda one also for the den beside mine and sometimes when she comes home from work she lays in hers and she is gone for a hour or so...Mike

Funny, that is the main reason I will never own one. I remember my Dad coming home from work and doing the same thing....and how pissed my Mom was with him doing it. Although, my PC chair has some soft leather, LOL

GT182
January 19th, 2010, 15:51
Gee my mom was the same way Michael, and my dad did the same thing too. You sure we ain't related? LOL

Now computer chair is another thing. It's an accident just waiting to happen. I fall asleep in mine all the time. But luckily I haven't gotten hurt... yet. LOL

Dain Arns
January 19th, 2010, 16:09
I have a easy boy cat napper. It's a soft as a bunch of boobs...

Yes. I couldn't have said it that way. I'd be in trouble.
But I think that's probably the best and most accurate description I've ever heard. :icon_lol:

In the Midwest, it seems like they come standard in houses.

hey_moe
January 19th, 2010, 16:13
Well I spend most of my time upstairs in the computer room, that has a high back leather chair and yeah...da wife has come home and found me passed out in dat chair too along with my hand on the wireless key boy.....but....us old farts have the right to do that:ernae:

OBIO
January 19th, 2010, 16:52
I had a Broyhill love seat that would send me to Sandman Land in about 2 heart beats. It was covered in blue and white denim...think old time rail road hat...white with the blue stripes...that is what the love seat reminded me of. It was over stuffed and had these huge fluffy, soft barrel shaped arms. I could put in a movie, grab a bowl of chips and a glass of soda, sit down on the love seat and be asleep before the previews were done playing. I would wake up hours later, the pop and chips spilled all over the floor and the DVD player in screen saver mode...the most comfortable piece of furniture ever.

OBIO

Wing_Z
January 19th, 2010, 17:57
....us old farts have the right to do that:ernae:
Young feller, you have a little way to go before you qualify for Old Phart :d
Then, no matter what the chair, you just need to switch on a television set, and it's all over...

rhumbaflappy
January 19th, 2010, 18:40
Right now, I'm in a LazyBoy with my feet up! A few years ago, I got extention cables for my mouse and keyboard... keyboard on my lap, the right armrest is for my mouse... our little dog nestled in on my left side.The recliner sits at an angle to the desk, and the monitor is out to the edge and angled towards me.

Whether I'm simming, developing, programming or cruising the web, this is my position.

A few years before this, I found I had a transient heart arrythmia... more annoying than serious. I visited a doctor, and she eventually quizzed me on my lifestyle. When she found I regularly got 5.5 to six hours of sleep each night she was shocked. She said I needed to get 8 hours. I laughed, but was willing to try anything to prevent the heart hiccups.

I tried 8 hours of sleep.

Not only did my heart problem stop, but I now found I could go all day without napping... and I stopped falling asleep after meals or when reclining to watch TV.

Years later, I'm still wide awake all day, and have no heart irregulaities, as long as I get 7-8 hours of sleep.

And I also love my LazyBoy.

Dick

cheezyflier
January 19th, 2010, 19:13
my dad had one. no one else was allowed to sit in it. after about the first year no one wanted to.

i used to delight in whacking the chair with a wiffle bat when my sister's friends came over. it would emit a fart smell when you did that. they never stuck around long after a whack or 2 on the chair. :icon_lol:

harleyman
January 20th, 2010, 02:54
This thread cracks me up..

We have three..Two built in to the pit group and one stand alone.

I too am out in a matter of minutes....TV on or not...I get in trouble all the time for sleeping and snooring while others are watching TV, Or trying to

I had to sleep in mine once for a month when my disk had caused nerve damage and I could not lie down.....

And yes..once at a party, years ago, I slept standing up all night.....I forgot whay I was so tired...:bump:

I can sleep anytime, anywhere....No problems there

Cazzie
January 20th, 2010, 03:07
LOL at this, 'specially HD! :icon_lol:

I got two and I am lucky to ever get to sleep in one. Usually they are occupied by canine or feline beasts, both of which also go to sleep. Canines don't sleep long, but the feline will sleep all day and all night, save for din-din and to go outside for the facilities, oh the horror.

But my mind only knows two positions, on and off, kind of like a rotary engine. I am either fully alert or dead asleep. And yes, usually if I am sitting in the Laz-E-Boy, I am asleep. TV puts me to sleep with its endless pablum of commercials. I'll do the same if I am listening to a lecturer and he is boring, I am off to la-la land. You have to keep me focused and interested, either I turn away or go to sleep.

Caz