PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of iphone apps...

BladeRun
January 18th, 2010, 12:24
I just d/l'd the simflight app for my iTouch. What other apps do you guys use for flight simming? I know about the x-plane apps, but I'm looking more for apps to use while flying. Thanks.

Joe

djscoo
January 18th, 2010, 13:20
F.A.S.T. is an arcade-style 3d flying game. It's modern aircraft from the F-4 up to the F-22. It's pretty fun.

Lionheart
January 18th, 2010, 16:53
Hey Joe,

Do a few searches in iTunes and you will find a ton (about 20?) apps for pilots that utilize flight plan setups and a few other things. Log books, etc..

Whats cool is they are web interactive so some will be able to download key information for you.

I found quite a few one night just looking under key words like pilot, flying, airplane, etc. When you do a search in iTunes, go to the Apps field or section, and click 'View All', (I always miss that).

DJScoo,

There are quite a few simmer games now for iPhone / iPod. A really cool one is called Aera and is danged brilliant. Full graphics setup pages, etc.. Has air racing and combat. Sky Racer is cool as well.

Bill

Kiwikat
January 18th, 2010, 16:58
Someone should make a flight planner like FSNavigator for it. That would be incredible!

BladeRun
January 18th, 2010, 21:13
I'm jealous of the xplane pilots. There is an app that lets you control your plane using your ipod as a wireless joystick. Not as fully functioning as a joystick but still, the neat factor is there.

On an unrelated note: Lionheart, I just bought your Kodiak Quest, great plane! love the glass 'pit. I do a lot of bush flying *no jokes please* and this will fit the bill perfectly. Just getting back into flight simming after a couple of year layoff. Nice to see new planes still being modeled.