View Full Version : just to brag he he

rmalone
January 18th, 2010, 10:48
I am now 100% fully retired yahoo- just me wife and cfs2 he he
RM :icon29:

Bill Kestell
January 18th, 2010, 10:55
:ernae:

IT'S GREAT ... AIN'T IT? For now, at least ... NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD?

Sleep like a baby ... and if I don't, it's NOT because of work or some a**hole I have to deal with ... it's just because I'm not sleepy!

Retirement ... for those of us who have many and several hobbies, a little money put by and reasonably good health ... IS THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE WORLD!:pop4:

rmalone
January 18th, 2010, 11:52
10-4
RM

Fibber
January 18th, 2010, 12:29
Welcome to the PDWS.(Professional Day Wasters Society):icon_lol::ernae:

sc7500
January 18th, 2010, 13:34
...I am now 100% fully retired yahoo- just me wife and cfs2...

Congrats on the retirement, Mr. Malone - You've earned it, I'm sure. :salute:

But don't count out the Missus - In my experience, her input MAY have a direct impact on your CFS2 time... :pop4:

SC
:kilroy:

Jaxon
January 18th, 2010, 13:44

Enjoy your life!

Jagdflieger
January 18th, 2010, 13:59
Congratulations!!!!

mariereid
January 18th, 2010, 14:28
RM, sc7500 is right on the money about the missus. You will have a little more CFS2 time, very little. The wife seems to find an endless supply of chores for me. Still, much better than having to go to work. Congrats, enjoy.:ernae:

Ravenna
January 18th, 2010, 14:37
Congrats RM. Now your time is your own (well.....)!

rmalone
January 18th, 2010, 14:47
They all have a honey-do list only when you retire it gets longer he he
Thanks you guys took a long time to get here , sure glad
i made it
RM

oldwheat
January 18th, 2010, 16:00
They all have a honey-do list only when you retire it gets longer he he
Thanks you guys took a long time to get here , sure glad
i made it
RM

I was just about to warn you about that. Retirement merely means that you have more time for errands.

hartmaj
January 18th, 2010, 16:37
Lookimg forward to it, myself. First retirement was from the service. I am looking forward to my second one from the civilian workaholic driven life even more than the first, People take this "stuff" a little bit too seriously for me. Just a few more years to go.

Enoy!

miamieagle
January 18th, 2010, 17:48
Enjoy it!:applause:

leroy10
January 18th, 2010, 17:52
Hey RM,

That's great news to hear buddy. As I'm sitting here in my office dealing with the stresses of the job. :icon_lol: Hope you enjoy retired life and remember to keep you head low just in case misses spots you there enjoying yourself to much and wants to sign you up for chores.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

OTTO
January 20th, 2010, 13:51
Long time coming isn't it !
I have to wait till the end of June , but it's right around the corner.
My next job will be to keep my wife working HA!
Here's wishing you MANY happy years !

All the best
OTTO :salute:

Fibber
January 20th, 2010, 16:13
Otto;
I have already done that! Drive her to the train every day and wish her " Have a nice day!" When it is realized you have time, they become REALLY jealous. I took up golf ( along with my other hobbies) and boy did the trials begin. Only recently, when it has been found that I had a lot of physical internal damage from my first job (accentuated by age) has it attenuated and I have been married 37 years to the same woman.
Enjoy the peace while it lasts!
Here is a hint! Look in the Newshawks for a article by Navychief on how to avoid being dragged shopping!

Fibber
January 20th, 2010, 16:15
rmalone; here is a hint, buy a set of walkie talkies. That way when you are dragged shooping (arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!) you go your way and she goes hers'. Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow Wolf 07
January 20th, 2010, 16:28
Enjoy. I'll be joining you next year :ernae:

OTTO
January 21st, 2010, 12:20
Fibber,
Thanks for the good advice !
I'm looking at it as getting even , up at 4:00 am & seeing her warm & comfy in bed while I head out
every morning , It'll finally be my turn HA!
We'll see how forgiving she is after 35 yrs. of wedded bliss.
Time for us old dudes to rise up
OTTO :icon_lol:

P.S. Stand by for an update , she just came in :running:

Fibber
January 21st, 2010, 13:12
Otto;:ernae:
The secret to my wedded bliss of 37 years was to work mostly nights for about 30 of them. Left when home to go to work before she came home and came home after 0300 hours to snoring! Ahhh, the peace and tranquility of it all. :icon_lol:
Used to be "your going (hunting/fishing/sailing/flying/skiing/golfing") trip, how could you???? Now it is "when is your next trip!?":icon_lol:

moonbutter2
January 21st, 2010, 13:15
Congatulations!

You guys have to keep CFS2 going 15 more years. I want to do this when I retire too!!!

crashaz
January 22nd, 2010, 18:33
Congrats buddy! :salute:

I only have I figure.. 23 years to go. :icon_lol:

erufle
January 23rd, 2010, 04:19
I am now 100% fully retired yahoo- just me wife and cfs2 he he
RM :icon29:
Congratulations! I hope retirement suits you well. I must admit that as I look forward to it I become a bit frightened. I have a bit of the ADHD and don't do well without the structure and expectations that a job provides. Sad isn't it! Fortunately, I turned to teaching eight years ago, which I think will provide me with a good balance between free time and a pleasant work environment as I age. After all, as a high school teacher I am merely being paid for playing with kids all day. I can always substitute or work (if you call it that) part time after retirement. Maybe some of you know what I am talking about and can assure me that aging changes people like me and that I will be able to relax a bit. :ques:

Bill Kestell
January 23rd, 2010, 11:31
Erufle ... I know what you mean about structure. Yes, it is important (whether or not one has any alphabetthings to deal with) and it is easily accomplished ... if you are a self-starter type individual. YOU set YOUR schedule and then FOLLOW IT! Works for me. And it's little things ... like not blowing off shaving or getting completely dressed. (Well, I'm not planning on going out today so I won't shave or get out of my jammies ... THAT JUST DON'T GET IT DONE!)

In short, whether you end up working part-time or just not working ... maintaining ORDER in you life is KEY, in my opinion. Don't fear retirement ... EMBRACE IT and turn it to YOUR advantage! :pop4:

oldwheat
January 23rd, 2010, 11:36
I have a bit of the ADHD and don't do well without the structure and expectations that a job provides. Sad isn't it!

I relate, I deal with ADHA & C.R.A.F.T. simultaneously :isadizzy:..