PDA

View Full Version : Effects question

aeromed202
January 18th, 2010, 05:43
Does anyone know why aircraft lights in tower-view look way dimmer than in spot-view? I've been working on creating an LED beacon which are showing up on some new aircraft and being retro-fitted to others. I can get a good effect in spot but when I switch to tower it just falls flat.

Milton Shupe
January 18th, 2010, 06:00
Hmmm, all I can think of is to ensure you have the View Properties Tower=1 parameter specified.

[Properties]
Cockpit=1
VirtualCockpit=1
Spot=1
Tower=1
Map=0

Tom Clayton
January 18th, 2010, 09:29
I think I've figured out something that will help. Whenever I'm reviewing a landing in tower view, I notice the same thing. The light effects look "normal" at the default zoom level. But when you zoom in on the plane in tower view, the plane gets larger, but not the lighting effects. It's likely something hard-coded into the Sim, so spot view is you're best bet unless you just don't zoom in while in tower view.

And I'll be interested in those effects when you get them done!

aeromed202
January 18th, 2010, 12:21
Well the properties are this

[Properties]
Spot=1
Tower=1
Map=1

which are like the other default effects. I've never altered these numbers but will now just to see what happens. I know that to get good brightness at distances (towers) the scale has to be so big that up close the light looks like a beach ball.
So I'll check out a couple more things but it's pretty much done aside from making a white one too. I used the LED on a private Agusta 109 for timing and appearance. They are exceptionally bright and unmistakable when seen. Once I finish the rest I'll put it up.