PDA

View Full Version : Jane's WW2Fighters

MrReset
January 17th, 2010, 04:25
I have re-installed Jane's World War 2 Fighters, with some mods from the site http://www.ww2fighters.org/ and what should I say? The game is now 12 years old but it rocks! Great gfx & sfx and an impressive athmosphere & feeling! WW2F does'nt want to create the whole airwar in WW2, only a small time-frame between December 1944 to January 1945 in the Ardennes but in this it is simply outstanding! But look by yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AXR0iZd6ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyoKOn8B6rw

Perhaps we could host a WW2F section here?

Horrido!

Quicksand
January 17th, 2010, 04:46
My first sim, MrReset, and it's been on every machine I've had so far.... There are several members of the WW2F community who also frequent here, myself included. The WW2F site you linked was and is my first cyber family. It is loaded with good people, loads of info, help and mods. Have you registered there yet?

MrReset
January 17th, 2010, 04:51
. Have you registered there yet?

I sent the email 14 days ago, but haven't be contacted since ...

GT182
January 17th, 2010, 05:16
Janes WWII Fighters was also my first sim. I've still got it and a bunch addons too, but it's not loaded on my pc. It was one of the best out there back then and great to fly. I loved seeing deer run across a runway when you were trying to land. LOL And a fight between a P-51 and Me-262 was a treat too..... turn and squirm.

DennyBoy
January 17th, 2010, 05:40
Hi MrReset

Yes - The Jane´s WWII Fighters whas my second flightsim. My first whas

Warbirds.

I bought the Jane´s sim back 1998 or 1999, but I whas not able to play the

game with the PC I have at the time. I think the game whas before its time.

when it come out.

In year 2000, I bought a new pc wiht a Creative Nvidia videocard 128MB

and for the first time I can play the game with very nice graphic.

Same time I register at WWII Fighters website and whas able to change the

game, downloading new addons made by Hammerd´s, Razorback,

Rammjager, other names not forgotten.

But I´m sad to say, When I changed my PC in year 2007,to a new one, with

Douible Core 2 cu 2,4 GHz, Leadtek Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB.

I´m got plenty of graphic issues: Black colored sky, spikes in the pixels etc.

For a wile a go, I installed the latest Nvidiadriver "95.62" I give the WWII

Fighters a new chance and the graphic looks good, only whit small random

spikes. But after a time playng the graphic turn yellow colored.

I think the WWII Fighters fare better with a ATI card ?

Best Regard
DennyBoy

Quicksand
January 17th, 2010, 06:44
MrReset, I'll try to PM the guys over there to se if I can help you get in there.... I'll report back later...:salute:

Quicksand
January 18th, 2010, 09:45
I PM'd the management over there, but no reply yet, MrReset.. Have you heard anything on yourregistration?

Pronto91
January 18th, 2010, 11:15
Just checked in to WWII fighters.org..it tells me my last visit was 2 Feb 04! How time flys.

Duckie
January 18th, 2010, 14:50
Hey guys,

Like Quicksand, I know the boss over at WW2fighters.org. Matter of fact gonna fly WW2 online with him tomorrow night...a standing appointment since about Feb 2003.

I'll suggest he check his admin e-mail registration requests! Don't know what the trouble might be but he should be able to get it squared away now that he knows about it.

Actually FS5 was my first sim but picked up Janes WW2 in 1999 and like already mentioned here, have had it on every PC since then.

Duckie

Quicksand
January 18th, 2010, 15:12
Thanks, LDF..:medals::guinness::icon29:

Duckie
January 18th, 2010, 15:22
Thanks, LDF..:medals::guinness::icon29:

Glad to help. :salute:

LDF

thedude247
January 18th, 2010, 16:50
I could never find a tutorial or firgure out how to install add-ons, like planes or scenery. Any thoughts.:kilroy:

Duckie
January 18th, 2010, 17:19
I could never find a tutorial or firgure out how to install add-ons, like planes or scenery. Any thoughts.:kilroy:

It's a real chore. Until the code was hacked which allowed new terrain mods and aircraft updates/substitutes nothing could be changed. It is still limited to the total number of different aircarft available.

Many of the addon (substitue) aircraft come with a readme file and or and auto installer from their authors, but there are still several more steps than, say, FS9. The aircraft models are contained in an SQS archive and the hackers developed and "unpack-repack" routine that lets you find the appropriate files in the archive and swap them out.

Take a look on the site mentioned above and on the left of the main page is directory of archives that have tutorials, mods, missions, etc that should be helpful to you. I haven't added an aircarft in ages so I'll need to look at the tutorilas myself to try and remember which ones I used.

Duckie

Quicksand
January 18th, 2010, 20:01
MrReset, I just checked my PMs at WW2F, and LocknLoad, who is the CINC there, told me to ask you to reapply and send him your desired screen name and password, He must manually register each applicant.. Seems a pain, but it keeps the site secure, and that is important these days... :icon29::guinness::medals::salute:

MrReset
January 22nd, 2010, 22:05
@Quicksand
Thanks, I will reapply my Registration this weekend!
I installed the new Fw 190A & Bf 109K and all works fine!
But I can't install the P-51D v2 and the new P-47D, they simply don't show up in the game ...

wiltzei
January 23rd, 2010, 07:02
This was also my first sim, but I was so young @ the time I started _playing_ it, I didn't do very well.

Now that this topic came up, I might as well install it. I actually read the manual about a month ago. :mixedsmi: