PDA

View Full Version : Question on re-install megascenery earth

limjack
January 15th, 2010, 15:10
I am currently adding all my FSX goods back onto my computer after I installed windows7. I am having a issue with getting my megasceneryearth products. I have gone to the website and and clicked into my account and downloaded the items I have purchased. THen when I go to open the zip it said that it is empty. It took 2 hours to download, how can it be empty? I attached a pic. I also left an them an e-mail at there site. You guys have any ideas? I turned user account off as well but no go. Other downloads I have gotten from other places are downloading fine. Is there something I am missing, let me know.

Jim

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 15:25
First off verify that the folder is empty..Right click and select properties...See how big the file is..

if its all there...reboot the computer and try again

The file size should match what the site said it should be in bytes

limjack
January 15th, 2010, 15:28
It is showing 470MB under the size, will reboot now and try again.

Jim

limjack
January 15th, 2010, 15:33
no go on reboot..hmmm

limjack
January 15th, 2010, 15:38
Actually 470 mb and the bytes size is 493,098,797

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 15:38
Hmmm Its a normal zipped file...Are you just using the windows unzipper?

It should work unless megaSceneries need more included to get it to unzip...(Is this PC Avaitor stuff?)

maybe it just got corrupted.....

Are you selecting to unzip to desktop?

limjack
January 15th, 2010, 15:40
Ya, just using windows default unzipper and unzipping to desktop. Will report back later have to go to Dentis now..ouch.

Jim

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 15:41
Restart the DL before you go...you may need a DL manager for that...its about 1/2 gig

limjack
January 15th, 2010, 20:48
It worked on the third try of downloading:jump:! Best I can figure is the UAC. The first two times I had the user account on when I had downloaded and then turned it off when trying to extract the files. So this time after turning UAC off and rebooting I started from scatch and dowloaded it all again. Thanks Harleyman for being there.

Funny thing at the Dentist...after getting into the chair my dental hygienist started talking about how she was a bush pilot up in Alaska in her early days. I so much wanted to talk to her and to let her know about FSX but of course as you all know you don't get the chance to talk when your in the chair with hands down your throat. I did recomend fsx to her on my way out the door.

Jim

harleyman
January 16th, 2010, 03:35
Odd how that UAC can kill a DL like that....Very odd indeed..glad its going now though...Its a lot of downloading to do three times...

Funny story, To go from a Bush pilot to a hygenist...

olaf1924
January 16th, 2010, 09:14
limejack I copied all my megaearth sections on to dvds for back-up. I have twenty sections in total covering western washington and the san francisco bay area.

limjack
January 16th, 2010, 10:09
limejack I copied all my megaearth sections on to dvds for back-up. I have twenty sections in total covering western washington and the san francisco bay area.

Hi olaf, I did save these files on my external drive but for some reason they did not want to install back onto my new OS and so I deleted the files and started from scratch. Other items were installing just fine off of my external drive. This time when I saved my megaearth files I moved a copy of the zip file to my exteral drive so should not have an issue in the future unless it goes belly up. It is only two files, the rest I ordered the dvds for back up like most things I get. Just nice to have a hard copy. Great advice though, it is a pain to redownload everything again! I love their stuff and plan on owning the state of Washington some day ( hope they don't charge me property tax).

Jim